|Release date||14 February 2013 (Update)|
|Removal date||14 March 2013 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy all held Valentine hearts? You cannot reclaim them; you can only find more.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||Not sold|
|Examine||Collect these to claim various gifts of loving and loathing.|
A Valentine heart is a seasonal item that can be won on the Squeal of Fortune, obtained through skilling, taken as a drop from a monster, or traded with other players. Upon obtaining Valentine hearts from skilling or a monster drop, players receive the following message in their chat box: "Congratulations! You've found some Valentine hearts!". They are only available from 14 February 2013 to 25 February 2013. Players can "send" their Valentine hearts to open up a heart-shaped interface, where they can spend their hearts as currency for Valentine-themed rewards. They were removed from the game on 14 March 2013.The rewards unlocked with Valentine hearts are split into Love and Hate rewards:
Chocolates, a neutral reward, can be received by trading in 50 hearts.
There are six different chocolates, all of which can be won on the Squeal of Fortune or bought with Valentine hearts. Each of these six chocolates heals 200 life points and gives a temporary +1 to +3 boost to a specific skill, as listed here:
- Noisette triangle key - Dungeoneering
- Chilli chocolate - Firemaking
- Coconut cream - Herblore (members only)
- Dwarven delight - Mining & Smithing
- Rose essence truffle - Runecrafting
- Vanilla fudge log - Woodcutting
The total cost of the Love or Hate rewards is 3,500, for all emotes 7,000, for all choc 300, for all rewards 7,300, though the number of each type of choc that can be bought is essentially unlimited.
Baby Troll Pet Names Edit
Feeding it to a pet Baby Troll will give you the option to either name it "Valentine Heart", or a random pet name.
Here are a list of random pet names that a player may choose:
- Sweetie and Treacle
Note that you can click "Randomise pet name" to get another name until you either find the one you like, or it loops back to "Darling".
- Although they weren't tradeable on the Grand Exchange, the price checker valued Valentine hearts at 1,000 gp each. Valentine hearts could be sold to stores for 300 coins and bought back for 1,000 coins.
- Opening the rewards interface for Valentine hearts emitted a heart beat sound effect.
- The Squeal of Fortune convert to coins button offered 30gp for each Valentine heart.