Re: Transparency Edit
The chequered background only appears on the Wiki due to the wikia's css (or some other similar thingie) that makes this pattern show up behind the image and its repeated so it covers all the background. This gives images an appearance much like Gimp when viewed in the Image: namespace. To see the image on a plain background just click on the image and wikia will show you just the image and not the meta-data. I hope that helps, i just woke up so i might need more coffee to better say what i'm trying to. ~
kytti khat 16:55, 26 December 2008 (UTC)
- I just reread your question, I too use gimp, to add transparency in that program under the menu select:
Layer > Transparency > Add Alpha Channel
- That is what it is under the English language version 2.4.7 it might vary with other versions, but essentially the concept is the same, which is to add an alpha channel (which is a fancy way of say transparency layer). After the alpha channel is in place just select the stuff that shouldn't be there and Cut (Ctrl-X) it out. It helps to have your selector Tool Settings set without antialiasing as this gives a clean cut when you go to cut out the background. Although if are working with an Anti-aliased image it could be helpful to have the antialiasing turned on, but that would generally end up necessitating a larger file size than need be to get the edges the way you see them. This is why for images that are going to have the backgrounds removed (made transparent) should be captured without antialiasing as it gives clean lines (pixels) between the foreground object and the background junk that is to be removed. (wow i must need more coffee as i can't seem to say what i want concisely).
- For size considerations it's often good to index the image's colours.
Image > Mode > Indexed...
- this will reduce the number of bytes consumed per pixel from 4 to 1, which (due to different compression thingies that are done in the image format) can often result in a file way smaller than just 1/4 of the original size (editors on dial-up will thank you). Hope that actually answers your question this time, ~
kytti khat 18:14, 26 December 2008 (UTC)
I love teh sig!!!!! 1. Prob though, when you click "Whats this" it does not link to rs 2. How do i make a sig template so it'll look like that when I sign like #CoNgRaTzItSaCoLo?
Turns out like this. Edit
When I did that...Task? it turned out like this <span style="background:Green; border:3px Red solid;"> [[Image:Coin.PNG]] 14:10, 27 December 2008 (UTC), I went back to make it a raw sig, it said something like "Invalid HTML code", what can I do? thanks --<span style="background:Green; border:3px Red solid;"> [[Image:Coin.PNG]] 14:10, 27 December 2008 (UTC) NVM I fixed it ço¬Ø 14:13, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
You copied me! Thats cheating!! Only jkin rofl. wow, you actually like my awards for excellence idea so much that ure doin ure own one.. I dont have time right now for mine... I'm startin it back up though... Hey, why don't we combine ours? It'd mean 2 pairs of hand designing and distributing! Btw, I don't blame you for using my code for the award itself, took me a couple hours meddling to get it right.--Zilenserztalk! Join the RSWP today! 21:02, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
- Do you think we should just use 1 design template, as in same colours? Or mayby if you want we could use our own templates, but with 'Z&C's Awards for excellence!' and say our names in the 2 bottom corners, 1 on the left, 1 on the right. WE could make this a large double-person project!--Zilenserztalk! Join the RSWP today! 15:44, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
Your requested signs page has a red link, and you said you put my request there... What to do now?
--Khalym95 11:14, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!Edit
P.S. Now that it is a new month, and your last nomination was rather late in the month, I would be more then happy for you to re-nominate me for UotM.
00:22, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
Ok, Ok, stay calm, breathe, breathe....phew....ok. Another name rofl. pls tell me the name of you. thanks.P.S, do you think the auld lang syne chorus is too long for my sig rofl?--Zilenserztalk! Join the RSWP today! 19:26, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
New rules for signatures Edit
Recently, I proposed a set of rules for signatures. As you sometimes create signatures for other users, I'd be interested in hearing your input regarding the matter. To post your opinion, please visit RuneScape talk:Signatures. You're also welcome to contact me via my talk page.
I have a pic on your transparency page for you to do please do it soon im making a sig for a mate.
were u the 1 who changed thier username or something?17:03, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
Colo's award certificates EditHey colo,I saw your 'ad' in the r s wikia post,ad I need you to make me an award certificate,I want it to appear white in the middle,with a light blue border.I need an image of a random event gift box that will link to an image,I'll let you know what image I want you to link to.The text should read:'Happy Birthday Matthew!Thanks for being a member of our community,great work!!!p.s.You have been given a gift!click on the box to open it!also,colo, I need you to resize an image of the gift box,to be big enough for it,do you think you can do it?thanks anyway,I'm gonna need this by april 3rd,I hope you can do it,thanks! --
Hey can we talk about something?(PRIVATE) --17:07, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
Very important announcement at 3:00 pacific time there will be a bunch of people gathering in the wiki world of 29 for a giant picture for the christmas card contest. If I place in 1st 2nd or 3rd every perticipant will get between 3K-10K apeace or many junk items depending on what you want! This event is happening In 1 hour so please get ready. If in the picture you will get 1K for perticipating. My runescape username is king of RuS.
22:54, December 6, 2009 (UTC)