Strange Rock Iterations: 4
While there are definitely better moneymaking methods (such as hunting chinchompas or grenwalls, boss-killing, etc.) the methods below require only a small amount of capital (under 500k) in order to work. There is zero danger and little time involved, and most, if not all, only require the buying and reselling of certain items on a daily basis.
Only resales that make around 20k or more have been included; anything less would make less money than doing something more profitable with your time, such as runecrafting, killing Unicows, etc.
|Action||Amount Spent||Resale Value||Profit||Method of Obtainment|
|x 300||-6,000||59,700||53,700||Obtained by powdering chocolate bars from the Culinaromancer's Chest.|
|x 10||-1,820||18,160||16,340||Obtained by filling baskets with apples from the Culinaromancer's Chest|
|x 500||-150,000||74,000||-76,000||Obtained from Siegfried Erkle in the Legends' Guild|
|x 3000||-150,000||285,000||135,000||Obtained from any Slayer Master except Turael. Chaeldar is easy to get to|
|x 3000||-150,000||285,000||135,000||Obtained from Spria (who replaces Turael in Taverly after While Guthix Sleeps)|
|x 64||-448,000||537,600||89,600||Obtained from Naff after the Hard Varrock Tasks|
|x 100||-200,000||206,200||6,200||Obtained from Bettamax in Taverly|
|x 84||0||13,608||13,608||Obtained by talking to Bert after The Hand in the Sand|
|x 80||-160||23,200||23,040||Obtained by talking to Arhein on the docks of Catherby|
|Trimmed Completion Requirements|
This is to find out what rewards are received from what challenges.
|String Yew Longbows||Raw Rocktail||115||Fletching|
|Build Teak Cape Racks||Grimy Torstol||12||Construction|
|Red Dragonhide Vambraces||Raw Rocktail||450||Crafting|
|Mine Adamantite Ore||Frost Dragon Bones||1||Mining|
|Ranging Potions||Uncut Dragonstone||6||Herblore|
|String Maple Longbows||Rune Bar||7||Fletching|
|Leaping Salmon||Adamantite Ore||4||Fishing|
|Adamant Burial Armour||Raw Rocktail||255||Smithing|
|String Yew Shortbows||Rune Bar||11||Fletching|
|Chop Eucalyptus Logs||Magic Log||20||Woodcutting|
|Steel Ceremonial Swords||Uncut Dragonstone||26||Smithing|
|Barbarian Swordfish||Rune Bar||1||Fishing|
|Decorated Fishing Urns (r)||Frost Dragon Bones||2||Crafting|
|Barbarian Swordfish||Raw Rocktail||15||Fishing|
Total Data Entries: 15
Treasure Trail LogEdit
This is a record of every clue scroll I've ever completed except for maybe five. My profit was based on what I received for immediately alching or trading the items; it may not be exactly the same as the items' current worth.
|Nov 9 2012||3||2,389||88,212||Hellhound|
|Nov 10 2012||3||x14 x14||12,340||Hellhound|
|Nov 18 2012||3||x12||155,742||Hellhound|
|Nov 19 2012||3||x15 x2||45,681||Mature Grotworm|
|Nov 23 2012||3||x19 x29 2,246 x9||29,766||Mature Grotworm|
|Nov 29 2012||2||x3||7,758||Guard|
|Dec 1 2012||3||x38||42,932||Giant Mole|
|May 18 2013||2||x52||6,828||Guard|
- Balloon Transport System
- Barbarian Training (Pyre Ships)
- Bar Crawl
- Scabarite Notes
- Enchanted key
- Ghostly robes
- Goblin High Priest
- Hunt for Surok
- Knight Waves Training Grounds
- The Lair of Tarn Razorlor
- Purple Cat
- Returning Clarence
- Shadow Sword
- Varrock Museum
- Chompy Champion
- While Guthix Sleeps Rewards! (Loot Movario's Base)
- Myths of the White Lands Rewards! (80 Woodcutting)
- Carnillean Rising Rewards! 350+ Quest Points)
- Song From the Depths Rewards! (80 Constitution)
- Summer's End Rewards! (80 Defense)
- Fur 'n' Seek Rewards! (73 Slayer)
- Diamond in the Rough Rewards! (80 Mining)
- Tears of Guthix Rewards! (80 Mining, 80 Crafting)
- A Fairytale Part III Rewards! (84 Herblore, 84 Firemaking)
- Swept Away|Swept Away Rewards! (93 Magic)
- Rune Memories|Rune Memories Rewards! (99 Magic, 99 Runecrafting)
|Edgeville Dungeon (Chaos Druid)|
|Edgeville Dungeon (Hill Giant)|
|Taverley Dungeon (Hellhound)|
|Taverley Dungeon (Blue Dragon)|
|Varrock Sewers (need 65 dung)|
|Chaos Tunnels (need 70 dung)|
|Al Kharid (need 75 dung)|
|Brimhaven Dungeon (need 80 dung)|
|Polypore Dungeon (need 82 dung)|
|Asgarnian Ice Dungeon (need 85 dung)|
|Name||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3||Tier 4|
The guides for a successful defence or prosecution follow below. Note that there are usually other ways to win the case besides the one presented for each case.
- River troll vs The People - The river troll is accused of littering.
- Drunken Dwarf vs The People - The Drunken dwarf is accused of accosting Botros and throwing rocks at him.
- Evil Twin vs Good Twin - Moira is accused of the theft of Molly's identity.
- The Frog Prince vs The People - The frog prince is charged with scamming Flora in order to obtain a kiss.
- Party Pete vs His Neighbours - Party Pete's neighbour, Ikis Krum, accuses Party Pete of making noise over the legal limit.
- Ernest vs Professor Oddenstein - Professor Oddenstein is accused by Ernest of unlawfully turning him into a chicken.
- Miss Schism vs Draynor Village - Miss Schism is charged with slander and interfering with the ongoing investigation into the Draynor Bank robbery.
- EVIL DAVE vs The People - Evil Dave is accused of evilness.
- H.A.M. vs Dorgeshuun - Gamdin is suing H.A.M. for abuse. H.A.M. is counter-suing Gamdin for theft.
- The Mime vs The People - The Mime is charged with mimicry.
- Barbarians vs Wizards - The wizards are seeking reparations for the destruction of the Mage Training Arena during the barbarian invasion.
- The Gravedigger vs The People - The Gravedigger is accused of grave robbing by the families of the dead.
|Type seed||Level||Check Health XP||Price of Seed||Price of Payment|| Loss per XP |
(Buying payment items)
| Loss per XP |
(Obtaining payment items yourself)
|Yew Seed||60||7069.9||60155||10 x||48620||-15.21||-8.41|
|Magic Seed||75||13768.3||163646||25 x||79775||-17.49||-11.76|
Fruit trees Edit
|Type seed||Level||Check Health XP||Price of Seed||Price of Payment||Harvest Value|| Profit per XP |
(Buying payment items)
| Profit per XP |
(Obtaining payment items yourself)
|Apple tree seed||27||1199.5||14||9 x||207||6 x||2136||1.57||1.74|
|Banana tree seed||33||1750.5||15||4 x||7264||6 x||936||-3.57||0.52|
|Orange tree seed||39||2470.2||15||3 x||597||6 x||2040||0.57||0.81|
|Curry tree seed||42||2906.9||80||5 x||5030||6 x||3840||-0.43||1.28|
|Pineapple seed||51||4605.7||5173||10 x||590||6 x||168||-1.2||-1.07|
|Papaya tree seed||57||6146.4||23936||10 x||280||6 x||7740||-2.62||-2.57|
|Palm tree seed||68||10150.1||104329||15 x||19350||6 x||19146||-10.19||-8.3|
New Calculator (Work in Progress)Edit
This calculator finds the cost per dose for all tradeable potions that can be decanted. For example, if a 3-dose potion costs 90 and a 4-dose potion of the same time costs 240, the cost per dose for the 3-dose potion is 30 per dose, whereas the cost per dose of the 4-dose potion is 60--double the cost, for only 1/4 more potion. Therefore, if selling a quantity of such a potion, it would be advised to first decant them into 4-dose potions; not only do you profit by 360 every 12 doses, you also gain an extra vial ( 1), which may not seem like much, but if decanting thousands of potions as a moneymaking method, the saved vials alone can amount to a few hundred thousand gold, and further profit can be made by filling them with water to obtain vials of water ( 16 each).
Note: It may be difficult to sell some dosages of potions, especially 1-doses.
Remember that Bob Barter in the northwest part of the Grand Exchange can decant any number of potions in your inventory (noted or otherwise) into potions of a different dosage, provided you have the vials to do so (otherwise, he will charge you for each vial he supplies for you).
Bear in mind that the fractional cost of vials are not taken into account.