Me•••••Quiz•My wiki•Bot••SOM=Sliske!•∞exists?•• ••# of visits•Edit Report¹²³|
My rswiki account is 1296 days old.
- He knows about Jennica Bonde, who lived in Zarosian lands, 400 years ago.
- he knows the story about the Barrows brothers(as he sent a scroll with the story to Reldo)
- he seems to be able to read minds, just like Lucien, as he knows when you are there to get the Barrows icon when Azzanadra sent you, or for another reason, as he suddenly recognises the one he expected for so long
- he seems to know Azzanadra
- he knows about the barrows icon.
Additionally, Mahjarrat can live for extremely long, and Sliske is a Mahjarrat, so that might explain why he knows Jennica Bonde, and has seen what happened during The Fall of Six.
The fact that he looks like a human is because "Sliske has particularly strong shapeshifting capabilities"(according to Zemouregal)
About the time he is there already:
- his examine: Wonder how long he's been here...
- he says "I have been expecting your arrival since before you were born."
What other people saidEdit
Sliske is most likely involved in that the Barrows brothers are now spirits, and Sliske has strong powers over shadows. Eblis said he apparently disappeared into hiding, but humans don't know as much about Mahjarrat as themselves, so Azzanadra is more reliable. He said "Sliske does not hide" so that does most likely mean he is in disguise. That way, he will make humans (like Eblis) think he is hiding, but Mahjarrat can still feel he isn't.
Azzanadra describes Sliske as "Sliske the serpent-tongued, who delves the shadows". Serpent-tongued might hint to his gibberish talking, "delving" might mean digging, which he is doing at Barrows, and the shadows might mean the spirits of the Barrows brothers, or that Morytania is a shadowy place.
He also said "Sliske is one whose actions can be seen each and every day in the smallest of this world's details." This is likely to mean the Barrows Brothers that are controlled by Sliske. Since the Barrows minigame is such a popular minigame, and the armour is popular too, this is likely what Azzanadra is talking about.
Furthermore he says "Sliske himself did not kill his Barrows toys, but it was the power he granted them that sealed their fate." which means he is connected to the Barrows brothers, and gave them their special powers. The fact he is connected to the barrows brothers is more evidence the Strange Old Man is Sliske as the SOM is at Barrows now, and the fact he gave them their special powers is a good explaination why he is there.
After I sent Jagex' postbag a mail, they didn't place my mail but someone else's in the postbag. This might mean i placed too many facts in the mail and that Jagex thought "wow, he knows too much, and we don't wanna confirm this because then all surprises are spoiled. The mail is included on this page:
|Click to see|
Do you know who Sliske is? If you're not sure, please tell me as much as you can. I have done some research, and gathered information about him. I have one man in mind that could be Sliske, and that is a Strange Old Man, that is currently at the Barrows in Morytania. I collected some possible evidence. This evidence is incomplete, so that's why I'm sending this letter. This is the evidence I collected:
Please tell me what you think about every part of the evidence.
Thanks for your time, Joeytje50
In the official video for the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest, you can see all Mahjarrat teleport away from the location they have been before the Ritual. As you can see, Sliske teleports away from the Barrows. This makes it very likely he was at the Barrows before the Ritual, and as the only person who is at the Barrows is the Strange Old Man, this makes it even more likely Sliske is the Strange Old Man.
In the official FAQ for the quest, Mod Srowley said
|“|| “What is Sliske's disguise? Is he the Strange Old Man or someone else?”
Mod Srowley: Sliske is Sliske, he doesn't need a disguise. He hides in the shadows...in fact, he could be behind you right now!
This statement goes against something Azzanadra said "Sliske does not hide", while Mod Srowley says "He hides in the shadows". These statements can not both be true, so I just assume the fellow Mahjarrat is right, and the JMod is trying to keep things mysterious, so Sliske is likely not hiding.
Also, Srowley does not directly say "Sliske is not the Strange Old Man", so his answer does not make my theory invalid.
Dialogue of the SOMEdit
- Dig, dig, dig.
- Pst, wanna hear a secret?
- They're not normal!
- What? I didn't ask for a book!
- Crumbling tome deposited in player's inventory.*
- Knock knock.
- Who's there?
- A big scary monster HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
- What's wrong?
- I'll leave you to it then...
- The... ring... Jennica...
- How do you know about Jennica?
- Jennica... dig, dig, dig... dig...
- (after this, he will say one of his normal phrases as above)
During The Temple of SenntistenEdit
- At last, the time comes. I have been expecting your arrival since before you were born.
- You're not speaking gibberish any more, what is going on?
- After all this time, I'm not of the 'It will wait another day' school of thought. You can ask our employer what is going on. For now, get into the Barrows, show the brothers who is boss and recover the icon. They will not hand it over without a good beating though, so batter the lot of them, to be sure.
- Right, but I always thought you were just some mad old bloke with a spade obsession.
- I do my best to look useless; if only they knew the truth, it would chill their hearts. Anyway, who knows who is listening? I'd best get back to what I do for now. *One of his normal phrases.
This dialogue is received after you have obtained the Icon, but before you return it:
- You have it! Oh, the master will be delighted.
Two options. Option One:
- Are you talking about the icon I got from the Barrows?
- Indeed, indeed! Run to him, run as fast as you can!
- Run back to Azzanadra? Why?
- No reason, I just like to make people run places. And how they run! You have to get the voice right, though.
- I see.
- It can get a bit lonely here, I suppose. Still, there's always digging!
- Do you know where I can get a spade?
- Ohh...I can sell you one. But spades are precious, yes. It will cost you..ah...50,000 gold pieces.
- 50,000? For a spade?
- Yes, spades are precious. I like you, though, and I get lonely dig-digging all day. Yes, I'll discount it for you. Let's say...4 gold pieces.
*Option to buy*
- Now we dig together!
I made a video with the evidence in it. Here it is:
- ^ Eblis: http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/postbag_27 - Postbag from the hedge
- ^ a b c Azzanadra: http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/postbag_38 - Postbag from the hedge
- ^ Azzanadra: http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/postbag20 - Postbag from the hedge
- ^ Azzanadra: http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/postbag_44 - Postbag from the hedge
Let's see if the Strange Old Man IS Sliske. I made this theory June 22, 2010