This page is to plan the Autumn Wiki Fest of 2007. Admins and only Admins, with the exception of Atlandy (as he is helping organize the party) may give their opinions here. If you're really that tempted, post on the discussion page. Thank you and please post comments bellow. Remember to indent! Ilyas Talk Contribs 17:40, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
- Incase nobody realized you're supposed to post on the user page not the discussion page. You're supposed to read and then post... Ilyas Talk Contribs 20:38, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
Err... is there really any reason to make the planning admin-exclusive? When I planned the summer wikifest, I wasn't an admin, and I think only a few admins showed up =/ which we shouldn't let happen again. Gangsterls talk02:07, 27 August 2007 (UTC)
- I gave my reasons already. Gangsterls, there's a whole line of discussion down there. Anyways, if we let everyone decide people would just change up the date when they found out they couldn't come. Not everyone can come, but we try to make it so that most people can. Anyways, the Wiki Fest's date, time, and world (we still need a Pking world and the Party world, mini-games is 59). Ilyas Talk Contribs 14:33, 27 August 2007 (UTC)
Well me and Atlandy spoke about this on RuneScape and we decided that we will use one of his four dates that he posted on the Autumn Fest Forum. Our schedule will go as following...
- We meet in Falador park and start the party and speak for 15 minutes.
- We all play games such as listed bellow.
- Find the Admin - As the admins will be planning and virtualy running the party (up until mini games for p2p), we will have an admin hide in a building in Falador (mining guild and dwarven mines are off limits, must be withing the gates also) and we will have 5 different users look for him/her. Note that they may hide in upper stories of buildings and also ON the gates of Falador. The White Knights Castle is an option. Also, the user may not move around. They must stay put. We will have one user on the ground who is not playing time the event. Users will have 10 minutes. If the admin is found, they must follow the user who found them onto the grounds of Falador square. If they are not found withing 10 minutes, the contest is over and the user timing the event will inform all competitors and also the admin. If there is a winner, they will recieve 10k.
- Stronghold Race - 5 users will stand outside of the Stronghold of Security entrance. 2 Admins will stand outside. One will give the signal to go. Upon such, all of the users must race down into the Stronghold of security. One admin will follow to make sure there are no rule brakers (the admin must be at least level 70 so they can endure the stronghold well enough to moderate at the same time). The only rule is that you may not use the portals to gain access to levels faster. If you are caught, you will be disqualified. First user to get the Skull Sceptre will be awarded 10k.
- We will follow up with a drop party. All users head the the party room and those who wish to may deposit something. It's ok to put some random junk into the chest just for fun but please refrain from overdoing this. We don't want you to deposit 50 bronze helmets. If you want to, you can put in 10 but most of the items should be of at least some worth. Mithril, Adamant and Rune armour is acceptable. Steel is also acceptable. Money is ok but don't overdo it. The most is 25k per user. Anyways, items such as pure and rune essences make good drops. Runes are excellent. You're welcome to drop any rares you want but it would be very foolish to do so. Ayways, we need one user to pull the crank, someone with 1k on them.
- Now that the party is at it's height, we must calm down.
- Any users that want to pk may do so but the pking party will be in a free world. Members, do not bring p2p items as they are useless in f2p worlds and on a pking trip in f2p the only true reason to bring a p2p item is because you want to show off. =P We need 2 Admins, at least level 90 (this is a pking trip and we need good moderation) to moderate the pking trip.
- If anyone wants to play mini games, we'll all jump to world 59 and travel (as a group, together) to the Void Knight Outpost to play Pest Control. We shall play in level 1 pest control as some users bellow level 70 will be unable to play in the second level. World 59 has absolutely no PC players in it so it makes an excellent place for a private party. Anyways, there will be no moderation for this event but it is better if we follow a strategy.
- Users wishing to continue the party may do so but we will need at least 3 Admins to stay behind and moderate. Although it is sad, it is true that most people ignore lower leveled figures of authority. Therefor, if we can we will need the two moderators staying behind to be at least level 65 (an average level). I'm sorry to say so but it's true, some people (noob haters) don't like lowever levels and so look down at them. Sad but true.
That's my plan. Well, tell me if you like it. We'll need to pick out a world for the party and for pking. Pking should be a f2p world that's good for pking but not wild (not one of the worlds Jagex chose). Ilyas Talk Contribs 17:40, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
Sounds good to me. 19:26, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
- I would suggest a few changes, but these are only ideas
- Start with the meet and greet, and move to the drop party immediatly following. Therefore, all the wikians are there from the get go for the drop party. Fests, usually weed themsleves out the longer they go. The drop party should be first.
- on the "offical page" we create there should not only be a sign up page for the drop party, but sort of "this is what I intend to donate for the drop party". I will put my name on first if you want. I plan on donating rune stuff, about 500 coal, 500 each of runes, all the steel mith and addy stuff i have. WE need to tell people to start saving now for it...even if it is steel items
- it may be hard to force admins to "run" it, we could use high level vouluntters (like Ice who is intrested)
Atlandy 21:23, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
- A few things to say and just sort out. An official page. We could create a page but I can't think of a namespace for it to go in. Anyways, this page is only for the admins to sort the date, time and all of the other things out. You're right, people willing to give to the drop must start saving up now. As most people are greedy (just a fact =|) and don't care about dropping but rather obtaining, I'd like to say right now that dropping items is a way of showing you like the wiki and want to help. Also, if we don't get at least 10 people willing to drop we won't have the drop. It's true, however, I dont' think only admins should run it. I trust Ice it's just that... there was an issue a few weeks back (ask Mallestro and Pkthis, ingame Knightgf, they were there) where he displayed that he wasn't responsible on my channel. Anyways, I won't go into detail about that but I agree with you but the other few users helping out need to be trusted. By trusted I mean people like Cashman. It's true, admins are equal to normal users but if we're going to have 2 or 3 extra users helping out (perhaps station 1 to the pking party so we'll have 3 people moderating it, but that person will have to be level 90+ as I've mentioned before) they'll need to be members of the community who're trusted and have been here for a while. Perhaps we can have users who think they can sign on a page and we'll pick out 3? Ilyas Talk Contribs 22:55, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
- I agree if we should have the admins run things. I do not want to run anything during the festivities. I am more than happy just to help organize. A page should be created soon with a time, date, and world choice asap. Events can be decided on later. We def need a bunch of people to "sign up" to donate to the drop party. The way i look at it is if you have more than a mil gp's 10k is 1% of your gold. That is nothing. There should be no cap either. For example, if you are level 20, and can only donate some bronze helms, so be it. If you are rich and want to donate 100k then do it also. I plan on donating at least 50k worth of cash, items, rune and ore. I think if the fest is geared around the drop party, it will get huge. If we can boast "over 2 mil worth of items and cash" more people will come to the wiki to find out when the next one is. After the page is made, it needs to go on the front page..so everyone goes to it. It should also be talked about quite frequnetly on the IRC. Atlandy 23:19, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
W00t it's coming up! =). We should create a project page for the wikifests at RuneScape:Wikifest - it goes in the project namespace as it's a wiki event (our only wiki event, but this is our second wikifest =]!). Now, I'm sorry I missed the beginning planning of this and didn't start organizing earlier, but I had like 5k characters written and I went afk and someone turned off my comp >_>. I'm happy it's getting an official page, and of course I hope it'll be successful. Everything is volunteer, so volunteering is encouraged of course. Obviously, the drop party is a huge attraction, that's just the way it is with any event like this, therefore, I think we should have it last, so that the other activities receive fair attention. At the drop party, all the droppers will drop their OWN donations. This will require some cooperation and coordination on the part of the droppers to make sure that it goes as scheduled, but will prevent any trust issues. I don't want arguments at the wikifest >_> that's the opposite of what it's supposed to be like. We can definitely put it in the sitemessage, on the front page, or event both, although that's not really necessary. The sitemessage ensures that everyone will see it, unfortunately, this also leaves the wikifest vulnerable to potential issues such as vandals and tons of strangers coming just for the drop party. Of course if we put it on the front page the same thing might happen... I think we should have a plan set up so we can private message everyone and move to a new area if that happens, but this will all have to be organized in-game to keep it secure. We don't want to be exclusive, but we don't want it ruined. Gangsterls talk02:05, 27 August 2007 (UTC)
It's ok with me if you do this, as you might have noticed, I have not been around much lately, and now school started, so it will be a while before I do too much more for the wiki. score 12:43, 27 August 2007 (UTC)
- As to the drop party, the party room will be used. Thus, there is no need for dropping. Ilyas Talk Contribs 14:36, 27 August 2007 (UTC)
- Yes we should have an emergency world, kept withing a few trusted users. It would be a world just as good as our first. We shall all durn private chat to friends. Then, a person who knows the emergency world will tell all of the others on the channel. I volenteer my channel for the party. Anyways, if this happens, we can't be traced because private is on friends. Everyone will hop worlds and then those party poopers =( will be upset. Ilyas Talk Contribs 14:42, 27 August 2007 (UTC)
Time and date?Edit
If you have already listed the date and time, Iam sorry but i just flicked through this. When is it? Btw, Iam not P2P anymore as my membership expired in July, so I will only do the f2p bits. Also i live in England, so my time is GMT. This dude is evil like hellKorak 09:00, 27 August 2007 (UTC)
- The time discussed on the Autumn Fest Forum seems to be 12-1pm PST (which is 8-9pm in the UK) Amaurice talk 09:13, 27 August 2007 (UTC)
- It has been decided that the Autumn Wiki Fest of 2007 will take place on Saturday, September 22, 2007 from 2:00 pm until 3:00/30 pm USC, 1:00 pm until 2:00/30 pm Mountain, 3:00 pm until 4:00/30 pm EST and 12:00 pm (noon) until 1:00/30 pm PST. That does seem a bit unfitting for English people, and my dearest appologies but it is very (we spent over half an hour on IRC, that's very) hard to come up with a time fitting America and UK (our two main countries). Ilyas Talk Contribs 23:46, 27 August 2007 (UTC)