Hi, Anna here. Welcome to my user page. Here, you can find my goals, progress, my goals achieved and a few guides I have written for quest boss strategies, which I used while I was completing those quests. I hope they can help some lower combat level players.
- 99 farming
- 99 firemaking
- 94/99 farming
- 98/99 firemaking
- All hard tasks of all achievement diaries completed
- All skills over 80
- Quest cape - as of 3/7/2010, with Combat 105 (79 Range and 77 Defence) after the completion of Nomad's Requiem
- 99 Mining - as of 29/9/2010
- 99 Magic - as of 15/6/2012
- 99 Prayer - as of 1/10/2012
- Fire cape - as of 24/10/2012
- 99 Cooking - as of 1/12/2012
- 99 Agility - as of 21/4/2013
Dagannoth Mother Strategy - Range/Mage Edit
Here's the strategy I used for the Dagannoth Mother. I'm putting this up because it took a while to write, for the talk page of Blood Runs Deep, and it seems a shame not to put it here. :P This was made pre-EOC.
I also found a mage/range strategy very effective. I was able to beat the Mother after 2 failed attempts, with a range level of 76, a magic level of 83 and a prayer level of 71 (with curses). I did not use melee, apart from the initial hit on the Mother. With all three attempts I tried having different things in my inventory, and the 3rd time left me with plenty of food to spare after I had beaten her.
This is what I had in my armour and weapons slot:
- Helmet of Neitiznot
- Black dragonhide body, vambraces, chaps
- 200 Ruby bolts (e) - this can drastically reduce the life points of the mother, with the spec.
- Mystic boots
- Explorers ring
- Cape of legends
In my inventory:
- Rune crossbow
- Crystal shield
- Prayer potion (4)
- 150 Blood runes - for Elemental Wave attacks
- 1050 Fire runes
- 1050 Water runes
- 1050 Earth runes
- 750 Air runes
- 20 Sharks
What I did was I prayed at the altar at Senntisten (giving me a prayer level boost of 15%, to 81 - optional). I then proceeded to Waterbirth Island (you can take your time, the boost does not reduce over time). When I was facing the Mother, after the first few hits with the Balmung (make sure she takes damage from it), I weilded the crossbow and the shield, because I couldn't be bothered to have to swap between a two handed weapon (Balmung) and the ranging set-up. From then on, I only used magic and ranged attacks. I also swapped curses between Deflect Magic and Deflect Range, to preserve my food. The disadvantage of having to swap curses is that you have to be very quick, so that you can also swap your attack styles to match the Mother's weakness, and also have enough time to eat if needed. While the Mother is susceptible to melee, I just ranged her. I only chose to range because I didn't want to waste my runes. I killed the mother, with around 10 sharks to spare.
Hopefully this helps anyone without melee/ranged/magic levels in the 90s. Good luck!
Low Level Nomad Strategy Edit
The cheapish ranging strategy I used for killing the Nomad. This was made pre-EOC.
Took me 3 attempts - or really, one attempt using the Kyatt.
My stats at time of completion:
- 79 Ranged
- 77 Defence
- 80 Constitution
- 72 Prayer
- 62 Summoning
Weapons and armour:
- Helmet of Neitiznot
- Black d'hide body
- Black d'hide legs
- Barrows Gloves
- Spirit Shield (the cheapest one)
- Dragon Boots
- Amulet of Glory
- Rune Crossbow
- Ruby bolts (e) x 200
- Ava's Accumulator
- Archers' Ring may be useful
Note: If you have the money to spend, you might as well bring better armour - with high ranged attack or high magic defence.
- Spirit Terrorbird
Beast of Burden Inventory:
- 10 Saradomin Brews
- 1 Spirit Kyatt pouch
- 80 Ambush Scrolls (Not all used)
- 11 Super Restore Potion (4)
- 17 Saradomin Brews
Prayers set on to curses (not necessary). Quick-prayer is set to deflect melee (if using prayers, then set to protect from melee).
Do not use Auto-retalliate!
- I used the third pole method - hiding behind the third pole from the north (on the west side) to try to dodge the Nomad's special attack. For every 2-3 sips of Sara brew I took one sip of the Super restore. Try to keep your LP above 500.
- I used the rapid ranged style to hit the Nomad, and prayed Sap Mage.
- Bombs should not affect you if you are using the pole method.
- When he teleports you to the middle to freeze you, just drink brews to make sure your LP is full (above max would be even better). When you unfreeze, he will hit you for normal LP-1 - run to the third pillar and while doing so, heal yourself. Don't attack him while you are frozen - you may special attack with your ruby bolts just as he hits you with his special, and you can die.
- Every time the Nomad clones himself, run behind the pillar and use that time to drop vials and heal yourself. Also take beast of burden items.
- Once your beast of burden is not carrying anything, dismiss it and summon your kyatt. This should happen before the Nomad goes beserk.
When the Nomad goes beserk:
- Use quick prayer (should be set to deflect or protect from melee)
- Forget about ranging the Nomad. Spam that Special Move button! Just worry about healing yourself (with the Saradomin brews, also forget about using super restore potions, it's not necessary at this stage.
- Make sure the Nomad is able to hit you when he is beserk, as he only uses a very fast paced melee attack. If he can not hit you and your LP bar disappears from above your head, he will teleport back to his starting place and heal himself to FULL health.
That's it! You should be able to defeat the Nomad now. :)
Thanks for visitng. :) Edit