|Release date||5 December 2006 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||You Are It|
|Examine||Uri Molotov - shaken, not stirred.|
Uri Molotov is the man who delivers the next part of a treasure trail when the player has completed an emote clue. To summon him the player needs to perform a specified emote in the proper location while wearing (or sometimes not wearing) a specified attire.
The player must then talk to him while still wearing the required attire. Players without the required attire can still progress with their treasure trail as long as they have a costume-skipping ticket (untradeable versions also count); this will consume the ticket when Uri is spoken to.
On hard and master trails, a double agent who looks identical to Uri will appear first and must be killed before Uri will appear.
Uri used to be an undertaker, but as his debts grew, he took to robbing his deceased clients' graves, such as the Duchess of Lumbridge. He tried robbing Charos's grave and used the wishbringer he found to wish for a vast hidden wealth. However, he also became cursed to forever guard it as the double agent. Uri is able to take control of his body for short periods of time so he can help people find his treasures and try to break the curse, but the double agent then usually takes over.
If the player does not follow Uri's directions or is not doing a Treasure Trail, Uri will only say "I do not believe we have any business, Comrade." If Uri is spoken to outside the clue area, he will not give players the next part of the trail. If he spawns outside and cannot be talked to inside the clue area, wait for him to despawn and complete his directions again in the middle of the clue area.
However, he will say one of these various phrases when giving out the next part of the trail:
- "Once, I was a poor man, but then I found a party hat."
- "There were three goblins in a bar, which one left first?"
- "Would you like to buy a pewter spoon?"
- "In the end, only the three-legged survive."
- "I heard that the tall man fears only strong winds."
- "In Canifis the men are known for eating much spam."
- "I am the egg man, are you one of the egg men?"
- "The sudden appearance of a deaf squirrel is most puzzling, comrade."
- "I believe that it is very rainy in Varrock."
- "The slowest of fishermen catch the swiftest of fish."
- "It is quite easy being green."
- "Don't forget to find the jade monkey."
- "I am the milkman. My milk is delicious."
- "The brown cow flies at midnight."
- "I wear the cheese; it does not wear me."
- "How much hide would a hidey-hole hide if a hidey-hole could hide hide?"
- His demeanour parodies the archetypal KGB agents, who would have been Russian, and, like other Soviets, would have referred to each other as "comrade".
- Before an update made it so that Uri spawned immediately after the double agent died, it was possible to have him spawn immediately if the player wore the required equipment before killing the agent. This method worked on all but two locations; the Jokul's tent and Shilo Village bank.
- His examine, "shaken, not stirred," is a James Bond reference.
- His phrase concerning being green is a reference to Kermit the Frog: "It's not easy being green".
- His phrase about the jade monkey may be a reference to Mr. Burns' quote from The Simpsons.
- The quote "I am the egg man, are you one of the egg men?" is an allusion to The Beatles' song "I Am the Walrus".
- The quote "I wear the cheese; it does not wear me." may be a reference to The Cheese Man's quote from the Buffy The Vampire Slayer episode "Restless".
- His quote about hidey-holes is a reference to the tongue-twister: "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"
- His quote “I am the milkman. My milk is delicious.” is a reference to the Psychonauts character Boyd Cooper.
- ^ Double agent, "You Are It", RuneScape. "Uri was in debt. So, he added graverobbing to his resume."
- ^ Double agent, "You Are It", RuneScape. "When Uri gained the treasure he desired, he was cursed to become the one who guarded it... Uri became me. But our late Mr. Charos obviously thought that wasn't enough of a game. He thought it would be hilarious if he left a crumb of Uri behind. And that crumb has been doing every pathetic little thing to revert the wishes. Leading adventurers to his treasures..."