|Release date||5 December 2006 (Update)|
|Location||Anywhere where an emote clue is found.|
|Examine|| Uri Molotov - shaken, not stirred.|
|Notable features||Spy-like man who appears during Treasure Trails.|
Uri Molotov is an NPC encountered in Treasure Trails when completing emote clues. He appears to be wearing the H.A.M. robes, cloak and logo. To summon him the player needs to perform a specified emote in the right location while wearing, or sometimes not wearing, certain items. He will reward the player with a Scroll Box or Casket, along with a humorous quote. What he says has no bearing on the treasure trail, and is only there to make him seem more mysterious and spy-like.
- "Once, I was a poor man, but then I found a party hat."
- "There were three goblins in a bar, which one left first?"
- "Would you like to buy a pewter spoon?"
- "In the end, only the three-legged survive."
- "I heard that the tall man fears only strong winds."
- "In Canifis the men are known for eating much spam."
- "I am the egg man, are you one of the egg men?"
- "The sudden appearance of a deaf squirrel is most puzzling, Comrade."
- "I believe that it is very rainy in Varrock."
- "The slowest of fishermen catch the swiftest of fish."
- "It is quite easy being green."
- "Don't forget to find the jade monkey."
- "I do not believe we have any business, Comrade" - The only thing he will say to a player when they are not wearing the correct items or it is not their trail.
- He is likely a reference to any number of KGB agents, who would have been Russian, and, like other Soviets, would have referred to each other as "comrade".
- His examine, "shaken, not stirred," is a James Bond reference.
- His phrase concerning being green is a reference to Kermit the Frog's phrase: "It's not easy being green".
- His phrase about the jade monkey may be a reference to Mr. Burns from The Simpsons saying the exact same quote.
- His surname, Molotov, may be a reference to a Vyacheslav Molotov, a politician of Soviet Russia or to the Molotov cocktail, a homemade explosive.
- The quote "I am the egg man, are you one of the egg men?" is quoted from the Beatles song, "I am the Walrus".
- His phrase about the "three-legged" might be a reference to turoths, or the riddle about the species that walks on 4 legs, then 2, then 3, implying that only the old survive.
|Treasure Trails guide|