These Patch Notes were announced on 5 October 2015.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
Weapons & Armour:
The following set effects have been added to the crystal armour gained on Tarddiad. The effects below become available once you are wearing at least the required number of armour pieces.
Note that the harmonious effect will only be given if you have 5 attuned pieces equipped. Attuned and normal armour pieces cannot be mixed to gain the set effects.
- (2) Increases the damage dealt to crystal shapeshifters and increases the chance of attuned crystal weaponry using their special passive.
- (3) Chance to cause Tarddian Fury, which deals damage around you depending on your weapon and Agility level. This can only happen every 3 seconds and the chance of it happening is increased per piece you are wearing (maximum 7.5% chance).
- (4) Tarddian Fury now also removes stun and bleed effects.
- (5) [Attuned only] On being hit, or during the use of the Seren skilling prayers, there is a chance to obtain Harmonious Resonance". This effect lasts for a few seconds and whilst active causes Seren prayers not to drain prayer energy, aurora spells (other than sapphire) to proc twice and increases the duration of crystallise by 15 seconds.
Wearing the armour will also increase the amount of crystals and crystal fragments gained from Tarddiad, and will greatly increase the chance of finding something belonging to Angof.
- Prayer & Firemaking XP granted by Sunspear kills is now up to 4 times its previous value, increasing with player's level in Prayer and Firemaking.
- Sunspear can now be reclaimed from Ivan in Paterdomus for a 100k fee. It costs the same to claim it from Death.
- Sunspear kills no longer increment cremation count (this must be done by burning corpses at the Columbarium, as before).
- Sunspear kills now have a 1 in 5 chance to drop Columbarium loot, as opposed to every kill.
- Darklight has been re-balanced to be more effective against demons when upgraded from completing Dimension of Disaster:
- All existing demons are now weak to Darklight, in addition to any existing weaknesses. This means that using Darklight against a demon will bypass any style restrictions.
- The environment on the northern edge of the Prifddinas waterfall's cliff has been tidied up, and a stray curtain has been removed.
- The tree at the high level Prifddinas waterfall fishing spot has relocated to east of the fishing spot.
- Iorwerth scout and guard drops are no longer hidden by the environment.
- Dean Vellio's armour has been updated in his 'noob' form.
- Dean Vellio's chathead has been updated to the newer looking Slayer helmet in his 'pro' form.
- The skill guide icons for dust devils, nechryael and abyssal demons have been updated to match the graphically updated NPCs.
- Kardia's staff has been graphically updated to a more fitting model.
- Koschei now has an even tan.
- The battle mages in the Mage Arena have been graphically reworked.
- Carpenter Kjallak was jealous of Lumberjack Leif's shiny new steel hatchet, so now has the updated model too.
- Pazuzu's model has been updated to use the current mystic robe models.
- Ungadulu now has a better complexion and an up-to-date air staff.
- An outbreak of patchy skin in Shilo Village has been cured.
- Several characters in Nardah now have the correct skin tone.
- A skin tone issue with Fadli has been fixed.
- An issue with My Arm's Big Adventure cutscene NPCs having multi-tonal skin has been fixed.
- The blue bandana and eyepatch combo no longer shows players with two eyepatches in the chat interface.
- Players are no longer deformed when turning into a chicken in Zanaris.
- Capes no longer detach from the player model while wearing the colonist's dress tops, musketeer's tops, highlander's tops or the Citharede robe top.
- Moia no longer stretches during the Nadir saga when using any of the available combat abilities.
- A stretching issue with focus sight headbands has been fixed.
- Stretching issues on Void Knights during the Quiet before the Swarm quest have been fixed.
- Interrupting a teleport to rest will now properly animate when using Buried in Sand resting.
- The Spirit Hunter run animation has been made more fluid.
- The colour of the Acca chatheads has been changed to match their model in Low Detail.
- Further blocking has been added to the east side of the Pit of Trials in Mazcab.
- A stretching issue on Avalani's robe bottom has been fixed.
- A rogue polygon colour on the female bear head from the Mountain Daughter quest has been fixed.
- The hooded/unhooded Max, Completionist and Trimmed Completionist capes have been reverted.
- Confused barbarians no longer stretch during their attacks.
- An issue with chameleon extract not updating the palms of the player's hands when wearing dragon wolf gloves has been fixed.
- Updated the inventory icons for void summoning pouches.
- The gaze aura effects now line up correctly with the primal full helm on male models.
- The inventory icons for off-hand adamant and rune short swords have been fixed.
- An animation issue with the bow string on the supreme bow from the Crucible minigame has been fixed.
- A small graphical issue on Firewake Mountain has been fixed.
- A spot near adamant dragons in Brimhaven Dungeon that could be deleted by fires has been fixed.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:
- A bank chest has been added to the top of the Prifddinas Waterfall.
- Players can now retune the Max Guild skilling portals to teleport to the Prifddinas Waterfall.
- Free players can now participate in the Burthorpe Games Room. More games for all!
- Superheat Form is now automatically deactivated when switching back to the regular prayer book.
- Juju potions in flasks that have fewer than 5 doses can now be decanted into juju vials.
- Players can no longer appear as if they've clipped out of bounds in Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza.
- An issue with serenity posts that prevented players in Legacy mode from moving after jumping off the posts has been fixed.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements:
- Dying at the same time as the Agoroth fight ends will no longer result in an unsafe death.
- The Blood Pact quest can now be completed in Legacy combat mode on the Path System.
- The quest entry for Family Crest now states defeating a Level 84 Demon instead of a level 170 demon.
- Blisterwood stakes now work with Ava's devices.
- A typo in Angof's dialogue has been fixed.
- The max hit of cannonballs has been increased from 768 to 1152.
- Players can now disable the cosmetic effects of their aura in the Wardrobe interface.
- Adding a favourite aura in the Loyalty Shop no longer adds an additional aura to the list.
- Certain auras will no longer incorrectly turn off when entering the Wilderness.
- Players can no longer use the Legendary pet beast of burden ability in the Wilderness.
- Players should no longer see XP pop-ups when they switch worlds.
- Several sounds have been remoevd[sic] from the audio sliders on the log-in screen.
- The Tuska spears no longer display that they can be re-coloured.
- Dharok's platelegs (worn) are now correctly restored to 'new' status when repaired.
- A typo in the letter to Eluned has been fixed.
- An issue with the pets Recolour interface not displaying correctly.
- Lapsed members can no longer bypass the free-to-play bank space limit.
- The music tracks Taverley Frolics, Taverley Folk, Tiny Adventure, Sea Folk and Sea You Late Oar have been replaced with higher quality versions.
- The music track listing for Beneath the House no longer plays the track Drains and Canals.
- Various audio issues in the Jadinko Lair have been fixed.
- A full-stop has been added to the vacuum pump examine.
- The spell descriptions of the durations of Bind, Snare and Entangle have been updated to match the ability.
- The Festive Aura's examine now mentions that it only works during the festive season.
- Chaos giants now deal more than 1 damage with their melee attack.
- All damage-over-time abilities now correctly heal Nex during the blood phase.
- An issue where Ulizius would tell players the wrong location of Drezel has been fixed.
- The Penance aura will no longer grant prayer points in PvP.
- The World Map agility shortcut icon for the northern Shilo Village shortcut now correctly states a level 74 Agility requirement and the Elite Karamja Diary complete, instead of a level 21 requirement.
- Morvran is now listed as a slayer master under the Grouping System's Social Slayer tab.
- Abilities which were previously not displaying their cooldowns in the ability book in Legacy interface mode will now display correctly.
- Quick-hopping to a Legacy or EoC only world while in the opposite mode now asks for confirmation before making the switch.
- Bronze to Rune armoured boots are now non-member objects, although they are only available to non-members via Slayers or from the Grand Exchange.