These Patch Notes were announced on 17 December 2013, and revised on 3 January 2014.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- Death's Swiftness and Sunshine can now be triggered when standing in someone else's area effect. This prevents the damage-over-time effect from triggering in the area.
- Supreme Runic Accuracy now boosts magic accuracy as expected.
- Converting uncharged Steel Titan pouches now works as expected.
- Autocasting Magic spells now works correctly in Dungeoneering.
- Added "Offer complete" style messages from the Grand Exchange to the lobby.
- Ensured players enter the Clan meeting tent correctly when invited inside.
- Trimmed Completionist capes will now be kept inside a gravestone to match the untrimmed variant.
- Claiming a Completionist cape from a gravestone will convert to coins if the player has since claimed a new one.
- The rewards interface from the Runespan will no longer offer rewards if the player walks away from the NPC.
- Receiving a Christmas decoration no longer mentions that they can be won on the Squeal of Fortune.
- Converting uncharged Summoning pouches now gives bonus experience as expected.
- Prevented players from attacking others in a World Event PvP area when they are unattackable.
- Corrected the logic behind which microchange to apply during the World Event for risk vs frequency on convoys.
- Ambushers can now only spawn in World Event PvP areas.
- Prevented players from attempting to teleother players inside the Party Room.
- Prevented a disconnect issue when attacking certain World Event NPCs.
- Prevented another disconnect issue relating to using Prayers.
- Removed a duplicate Hank NPC, and moved the other one into a more accessible location.
- Festive Crackers are no longer dropped on free worlds.
- Prevented players from buying Unfinished Broad bolts and Broad arrowheads temporarily due to a shop stocking issue.
- The Elder trees to south of Falador and near Edgeville have been added back into the game.
- The seismic singularity is now overridden by other off-hand orb cosmetic overrides.
- A stretching issue with the ravenskull crossbow has been fixed.
- Players no longer spin during certain emotes when they click on a location.
- Players will no longer experience the loss of preview backgrounds when switching between the hero and gear interfaces.
- A minor graphical issue with quick sand in the HTML5 client has been fixed.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:
- The equip requirements and stats of bound grounding boots have been fixed.
- A loud wind sound effect has been removed from the blue team's lobby at Soul Wars.
- Players can no longer give females beards using Fremennik Sagas.
Quests, Challenges & Achievements:
- If a player kills only one of the two bosses in the final boss fight of Birthright of the Dwarves and then dies or leaves the area, the boss they killed will not respawn when they return to the area.
- The Black Guard quartermaster now stands outside the cave entrance in Barendir so players going back to the quest area can access their banks.
- Colour blind players are more able to see the stones in the Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf quest.
- The Demon Slayer quest log now correctly lists 2 spins as a reward.
- The egg temperature indicator in the Elder Kiln quest's Ga'al hatching puzzle can now be moved with the Minigames interface.
The Bird and the Beast:
- Sacred metal shards are now dropped via divining, healing convoy members, building and tearing down buildings.
- The Bird and the Beast reward tiers now unlock earlier - Tier 2 unlocks during phase 3, and Tier 3 unlocks during phase 5.
- The amount of renown gained by interacting with convoys and killing players via PvP has been increased by 50%.
- Burying heroic skulls now awards the same amount of renown as experience gained.
- Player can now bank the war map.
- Players can now only receive one divine crystal at a time.
- The Sacrifice ability now works correctly when players have a Magic weapon equipped.
- Sacrifice now behaves like other damaging abilities with randomisation applied to its damage output.
- Players can no longer stall offensive abilities to occur after the effects of other abilities - that aren't direct attacks - have been applied.
- The Penguin Prison music track now plays correctly.
- Empty cups given after drinking tea are no longer members only items.
- Players can no longer set a spell to auto-cast via the Action Bar if they are not using the correct Spell Book.
- The god books have been updated to match the current Sixth Age story.
- The "Hide quick-inventory" option is now more reliably maintained between login sessions.
- Guthixian butterflies can now award Divination experience.
- Players can now reclaim agile legs from Gnome Trainers after putting them in a Dragon Keepsake Box.
- The order of messages in the chatbox when mining gems from gem rocks with an active sign of the porter has been changed.
- Players can now rotate the camera again whilst the bank interface is open.
- Creatures in the Ascension dungeon will now display the correct weakness icon.
- The Prayers interface now stops prayers from being draggable when interfaces are locked.
- An issue that caused the Magic tab to switch to the Abilities tab when another interface was active has been fixed.
From the Ninja Team:
- The loot beam can now be customised to appear for any loot with a minimum value between 50k and 1m. Players can adjust this value by speaking to Major Mary Rancour.
- The equipment interface has been re-ordered into a more logical order.
- The Grand Exchange will now show an items level requirements on a tooltip.
- Armours no longer degrades from players taking damage from the desert heat or bugs in dark areas.
- Players can now disable the "Press enter to use QuickChat" functionality.
- A deposit box has been added to the Fishing Guild bank.
- All bankers now have "Bank" as their left-click option instead of "Talk-to".
- A new activation animation has been added for scrimshaws.
- Players can now combine semi-used scrimshaws.
- Teleporting using a Sceptre of the Gods or Drakan's medallion now displays how many charges are left.
- The Sixth Age circuit is now protected on death.
- The completionist cape will now be stored in a gravestone instead of being converted into coins.
- Skillcapes are no longer unequipped when logging into a F2P world.
- A warning message now appears when attempting to remove an activated aura.
- "Use" is now the default option on papaya fruit instead of "Eat".
- A craft option has been added to battlestaff orbs.
- The Price Checker interface now uses the new interface style template.
- The Grand Exchange experts and sets, farming tools and strange rock bag interfaces have been updated to use the new interface template.
- Family Crest gauntlets can now be changed by using a right-click option on the relevant NPCs.
- Players are now prompted for their bank pin before opening a trade window.
- The golden pitchfork is now available for all players.
- A music jingle now plays when a player levels up their Divination skill.
- Gaze effects can now be saved alongside any outfit in the Customisation interface presets.
- Players can now take dragon keepsake keys to Rock Island Prison to keepsake the prison outfit.
- The capoeira outfit can now be added to a dragon keepsake key.
- God grapes can now be noted.
- The number of clicks needed to use the free daily lyre teleport has been reduced.
- A "(w)" has been added to watered tree seedlings to differentiate them from the unwatered variants.
- Tooltips have been added to the XP lamp interface.