This sticky has been created in response to the most commonly asked questions regarding the most recent game update.
Whilst we continue to gather feedback, we will add any other frequently asked questions regarding this update to this thread - you may wish to check back every now and then.
- Warning! May contain spoilers!
- Why are there no statues for other gods such as Armadyl and Zaros? Do you have plans to feature these gods in the future?
Mod Roderick: These are nice ideas that will be kept in mind. The gods that are featured in the D&D worked nicely as their spread of followers fitted the geography of potential statue locations. While there are no plans to adjust the statues, locations or rewards at the moment the D&D has the potential to be expanded.
- Why do the Zamorakian warlock and Guthixian druid fanatics use the old graphics?
Mod Roderick: This is an oversight rather than intentional. The God Statues project was started back in the summer of 2012 when the graphics were put in place, but was then postponed. Work resumed at the end of 2012, by which time certain graphics had changed. We'll get the God Statues fanatics up to date with the latest graphics.
- Will the chisel stack with the crystal saw, POH tea and spicy stews?
Mod Roderick: Yes, the boost from the chisel will stack with other Construction level bonuses. It has a "hidden" 1 level boost, in the same way that the Crystal Saw has a hidden 3 level boost. Then these hidden bonuses will also stack with a visible bonus from either POH tea or stew.
- If we choose to build the state of an opposite god of a location (for slayer XP), but we choose the same god for 4 months, will we still get the chisel?
Mod Roderick: Yes, statues that upset the locals still count towards the chisel reward. For example, if you build a statue to honour Guthix each month then after 4 months you'll unlock the Guthix green chisel regardless of where the statues were built.
The choice of god only affects the colour of the chisel you receive, they are all functionally the same. It is possible to own each of the chisels if you'd like to collect them. Once unlocked, chisels can be claimed back from the sculptor if destroyed.
- Can we receive Strange Rocks from this D&D?
Mod Roderick: This D&D does not give Strange Rocks.