This article is about the dungeon. For the quest, see Underground Pass (quest).
|Location on World Map|
|Arandar||←||Underground Pass||→||West Ardougne|
Since Iban studied under Lord Daquarius prior to taking over the Underground Pass, and Daquarius is only in his thirties at the time the game takes place (year 169), Iban himself is likely even younger; this would mean that his takeover of the Underground Pass was a relatively recent event.
Getting through the Underground PassEdit
The following only contains information on how to get through the pass after the quest is done.
You will not be able to enter Iban's Temple and the Elven lands until you have spoken to King Lathas at the start of Regicide. For using the pass, it is recommended to have a high agility level. A Thieving level of 50 is another advantage.
These items are needed:
- Rope (it is a good idea to bring a few spares if your agility is low)
- Any bow
- A few arrows of any metal.
- It is also a good idea to have some food, just in case.
- Spade (Can't dig without it..)
These steps are to be followed to cross the pass:
- Enter the pass through the cave entrance at West Ardougne.
- Talk to Koftik, and he will give you a damp cloth. Use it on an arrow to change it to a fire arrow. Use this arrow on the fire, and go to the little chamber north. (It is possible to miss, so taking more arrows may be a good idea).
- From here, you can fire the arrow at the guide rope, and you will automatically cross the bridge.
- Now, go to the little chamber to the north and pick up a plank.
- It is possible to fail this part and lose your rope, so bringing multiple ropes is a good precaution. Continue going south, then east, and use a rope on an old spike on the ground next to one of the gaps. (Note: It is possible to fail the obstacle and fall. In this case, you'll have to navigate a rock maze to get out. You will end up at the beginning of the pass, and you'll have to start at step 2 again)
- Continue following the path through two rockslide obstacles. You will come to a grid of spike traps. For each person the path to cross these is different, so it is suggested that once you find your path, you write it down somewhere - you could already have figured out which path is safe for you while doing the Underground Pass quest.
- Once past the spike traps, pull the lever and the portcullis will rise. Do not take the obstacle pipe or you will have to use another rope and cross the spike traps again.
- Continue going west, and as you run past the wall traps, you might take some damage. If you have a good thieving level you can try to disable them by searching the odd markings on the wall. Be careful here, as you may take multiple triple-digit damages per trap if you try to run past without disabling them!
- Next, climb down the well and head west towards the cages. Enter the south-east cage and dig up the heap of mud. It will teleport you to the back of the cage. Follow the path and click on 'Cross Ledge' (if you fail, you reach back to the cell area).
- In the next area you have a couple choices. You may either picklock the door by following the southward path (if you have 50 thieving - once past the door, make sure you don't step on the bubbles, or you'll have to start back at the beginning. - or you may cross the bridges (the higher your agility level, the less your chance of failing it).
- Whichever path you took, follow the path to the south and go through the obstacle pipe. Go past the unicorn cage and pass through a tunnel on the north side of the cave.
- Follow the cave until you pass the zombies and see paladins. Use the earlier found plank on either one of the "flat rock" traps to get past.
- Continue forward, and you will be standing in front of a door which leads to a huge cavern with a set of bridges. Using the map below is recommended to reach the Well of Voyage. You will need to cross the bridges to reach Iban's temple in the middle of this large area. (If you fail to cross a bridge, you will fall to the level below and be dealt a considerable amount of damage. It is possible to climb back up to the area using some stairs at the south or northwest of the room.
- In Iban's temple, you can talk to Koftik and he will give you a stew and two pieces of bread to heal you (only once). Enter the Well of Voyage (where Iban's chamber/room is), follow a short passageway, and you can enter the Elven lands! An altar, and summoning obelisk are just west of the well to recharge prayer and summoning.
Maps of the Underground PassEdit
- 1 Entrance
- 2 Koftik
- 3 Place where to shoot the arrow
- 4 Plank spawn place
- 5 Pit you cross with rope
- 6 Grid
- 7 Furnace
- 8 Start of wall traps
- 9 Well of nastiness (exit to 2nd level)
- B Giant bats, level 27
- G Goblins, levels 5 and 13
- O Ogre, level 53
- S Blessed Spider, level 39
- Z Zombie, level 24
- 1 Entrance and crates
- 2 Place to dig with spade
- 3 Ledge
- 4 Agility maze
- 5 Easy route - Requires level 50 Thieving
- 6 Exit to next area (Obstacle pipe)
- 1 Entrance
- 2 Unicorn
- 3 Paladins
- 4 Well (for recharging Iban's staff)
- 5 Door to Iban's Temple
- S Skeletons, level 22 and 26
- Z Zombies, level 24
This is the last large chamber, where you will find Iban to complete Underground Pass quest.
|Iban's Temple||Level below|
- Iban - Main area of the Underground Pass.
- Moody - Near the entrance of underground pass in West Ardougne.
- Cursed - A few spaces near the entrance of Underground Pass.
- Underground Pass - If you fall into the grid trap.
- Well of Voyage - At the room with the Well of Voyage.
- The Cellar Dwellers - When entering the Underground Pass.
- Expecting - If you fall through the swamp.
- Intrepid - In part of the Underground Pass.