|Release||8 May 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||120 coins|
|Low alch||80 coins|
|Exchange||3,951 coins (info)|
|An uncut diamond.|
An Uncut diamond is a white gem used in Crafting. An uncut diamond can be cut by a player with 43 Crafting by using it with a chisel, granting 107.5 Crafting experience and making the uncut diamond into a diamond.
Uncut diamonds can be obtained in several ways. Players can get them randomly while mining ores, or as drops from monsters. With level 40 mining they can be obtained from gem rocks in various locations, generally with quest requirements. Uncut diamonds are also obtainable from caskets, as a tip from the Gnome Restaurant minigame, be randomly foraged by a magpie familiar, or be gained as a reward in the Columbarium when using a columbarium key on an alcove. They can also be obtained from looting Dorgesh-Kaan Rich Chests and Customs evidence files.
A single uncut diamond is a possible prize from Treasure Hunter. When choosing the option to convert this prize to coins, players receive 500 coins, which is 3,451 less than selling them on the Grand Exchange.
An uncut diamond can be cut by a player with 43 Crafting by using it with a chisel, granting 107.5 Crafting experience and making the uncut diamond into a cut diamond.
Uncut diamonds may be sold to any of the gem shops throughout Gielinor. The TzHaar gem trader does not carry any uncut diamonds in inventory, but will sell one for 300 TokKul if they are in stock, which is very rare.
Members can also use the Fletching skill to cut a diamond into diamond bolt tips by using a chisel on a diamond at level 65 Fletching. Cutting a diamond into bolt tips grants the player 7 experience in the fletching skill and gives the player 12 diamond bolt tips.
Cost of cutting diamondsEdit
|Uncut diamond||Diamond||Diamond bolt tips (12)|
|Price||Price||Profit/loss||Profit/Craft xp||Price||Profit/loss||Profit/Fletch xp|
- The profit or loss for fletching bolts assumes starting with an uncut gem.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||52.7%|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
- Although formally released on 8 May 2001, uncut gems were briefly obtainable following the 17 March 2001 cooking update, before the crafting skill was fully implemented.
- Silver ore was visually identical to uncut diamonds upon release. This was later changed.