|Release date||23 August 2011 (Update)|
|Source||Fire cape at Soul Wars|
| 99 |
|Examine||A fearsome obsidian beast... Aww; so cute.|
The TzRek-Jad (translated as Baby Fire Elemental) is a pet that can be obtained via Soul Wars or bought with thaler. Players need 99 Summoning, 99 Slayer, and a fire cape (which will be lost) to obtain it. The pet can be bought from Nomad, Zimberfizz, Zimberfizz ashes or Zanik for 100 zeal points, or for 1,200 thaler from Stanley Limelight's store.
The TzRek-Jad apparently has a chew toy named Mr. Squeekles. Conversations with the TzRek-Jad seem to indicate that this pet should grow to be a TzTok-Jad and artwork (see below) seems to confirm this.
If a player examines another player's TzRek-Jad, it will display the owner's total number of TzTok-Jad kills in the chatbox.
- When purchasing a TzRek-Jad, the Adventurer's Log reads: "After exchanging 100 zeal at Soul Wars, I adopted a pet TzRek-Jad, who then ate my fire cape."
- Although the original concept art shows the TzRek-Jad's eyes to be without pupils, its in-game model and chathead show very distinct black pupils.
- TzRek-Jad did not receive the graphical update when all other TzHaar creatures did, but instead received it a week later alongside the release of Sunfreet.
- TzRek-Jad did not receive the ability to be interacted with to check the owner's boss kill count until 19 January 2015, two weeks after the release of boss pets.
- Despite being regarded as a boss pet in the achievement interface, it is found in the follower pet interface.