|AKA?||Turkey Hide and Seek|
|Release date||26 November 2008 (Update)|
|Removal date||11 January 2010 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy|| You will not be able to get the book back if you destroy it.
Old destroy message: You will need to speak to the Cook's brother in Lumbridge Castle to get another.
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||Notes on the locations of turkeys.|
The Turkey book is a book that players could obtain as part of the 2008 Thanksgiving event. It gives clues on where to find ten disguised turkeys around Gielinor, which players could find and spy on. If they spied on all ten, they would unlock the Give Thanks emote.
The book itself gives no instructions, and players must rely on dialogue from the cook's brother to know what the locations mean and what they should look for.
In order, the locations of the ten turkeys are as follows:
- In Al Kharid Mine, near the entrance at the south
- In Al Kharid, near the palace or in the general store
- Near Lumbridge, around the sheep pen
- In Lumbridge Swamp, near the entrance to Zanaris
- In the grounds of Draynor Manor, north of the manor itself
- In Falador, around the fountain east of the Mining Guild entrance
- Near Edgeville, near the entrance to the dungeon south of the bank
- Near south-west Varrock, near the anvils
- Near Mudskipper Point, near the fairy ring (code AIQ)
- Near of the Monastery, west of Monastery
Turkey 1, location: near a mine filled with scorpions.
Turkey 2, location: a city in the desert.
Turkey 3, location: near the river Lum.
Turkey 4, location: in a swamp behind a castle.
Turkey 5, location: near a vampyre-infested manor.
Turkey 6, location: in the city of White Knights.
Turkey 7, location: in a village near the edge of the Wilderness.
Turkey 8, location: somewhere near Varrock.
Turkey 9, location: near Mudskipper Point.
Turkey 10, location: near the Monastery.
When you finished finding the disguised turkeys, you had to talk to Cook's brother and get your reward of the Give Thanks emote. You could also kill turkeys to get Cornucopia, an item that holds foods that heal up to 140 life points. You can still kill seagulls and other various birds to get the Cornucopia. Also, Diango can store the cornucopia if destroyed.
- Players can keep the Turkey book after the Thanksgiving holiday event.
- The Turkey book is strange to be not re-obtainable if players lost it after the event. The Turkey book was not re-obtainable in Thanksgiving 2009 holiday event even if you talked to the Lumbridge Cook's brother. Thus it is a discontinued item which cannot be displayed to other players.
- The Holiday Event gave Free-to-play players a chance to see what the activity from Distractions and Diversions, Penguin Hide and Seek was like, but with Turkeys.
- The Turkey book is considered to be extremely rare because most players destroyed it after they were done since they had no use for it. Similar to the task list and the warship from RS classic.