|AKA?||Turkey Hide and Seek|
|Release date||26 November 2008 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy|| You will not be able to get the book back if you destroy it.
Old destroy message:
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||Notes on the locations of turkeys.|
The Turkey book is a book that players could obtain as part of the 2008 Thanksgiving event. It gives clues on where to find ten disguised turkeys around Gielinor, which players could find and spy on. If they spied on all ten, they would unlock the Give Thanks emote.
The book itself gives no instructions, and players must rely on dialogue from the cook's brother to know what the locations mean and what they should look for.
In order, the locations of the ten turkeys were as follows:
- In Al Kharid Mine, near the entrance at the south
- In Al Kharid, near the palace or in the general store
- Near Lumbridge, around the sheep pen
- In Lumbridge Swamp, near the entrance to Zanaris
- In the grounds of Draynor Manor, north of the manor itself
- In Falador, around the fountain east of the Mining Guild entrance
- Near Edgeville, near the entrance to the dungeon south of the bank
- Near south-west Varrock, near the anvils
- Near Mudskipper Point, near the fairy ring (code A•I•Q)
- Near Edgeville Monastery
Turkey 1, location: near a mine filled with scorpions.
Turkey 2, location: a city in the desert.
Turkey 3, location: near the river Lum.
Turkey 4, location: in a swamp behind a castle.
Turkey 5, location: near a vampyre-infested manor.
Turkey 6, location: in the city of White Knights.
Turkey 7, location: in a village near the edge of the Wilderness.
Turkey 8, location: somewhere near Varrock.
Turkey 9, location: near Mudskipper Point.
Turkey 10, location: near the Monastery.
When you finished finding the disguised turkeys, you had to talk to Cook's brother and get your reward of the Give Thanks emote. You could also kill turkeys to get Cornucopia, an item that holds foods that heals up to 1000 life points. You can still kill seagulls and other various birds to get the Cornucopia. Also, Diango can store the cornucopia if destroyed.
- Players could keep the Turkey book after the Thanksgiving holiday event.
- The Turkey book is not re-obtainable in any way if a player destroys it. The Cook's brother, despite being the NPC who gave the book to players, would not replace it during the Thanksgiving 2009 holiday event. Thus, it is a discontinued item which cannot be displayed to other players.
- The Holiday Event gave Free-to-play players a chance to see what the activity from Distractions and Diversions, Penguin Hide and Seek was like, but with Turkeys.
- The Turkey book is considered to be extremely rare because most players destroyed it after they were done since they had no use for it. Similarly rare items include the task list and the war ship from RuneScape Classic.
|Hallowe'en||Pumpkin • Halloween masks • Scythe • Zombie head • Jack lantern mask • Skeleton set • Grim reaper hood • Warlock / Witch costume • Web cloak • Eek • Bone brooch • Deathcon lanyard • Deathcon t-shirt • Hourglass • Sock mask • Buskin mask • Hallowed robes • Unhallowed robes • Ectoplasmator • Builder's apron • Explorer Jack's helmet|
|Christmas||Christmas cracker • Partyhats • Santa hat • Yo-yo • Hats and scarves • Marionettes • Wintumber tree • Reindeer hat • Snow globe • Santa costume • Ice amulet • Ghost costume • Candy cane • Salty claws hat • Heimland games souvenir • Christmas wand • Sparkles • Santa beard • Santa sack • Tinsel scarf • Festive jumper • San'tar spawnling • Black Santa hat|
|Easter||Easter egg • Bunny ears • Rubber chicken • Easter ring • Chicken set • Chocatrice cape • Easter carrot • Squirrel ears • Sunbeam crown • Icicle crown • Egg on face mask • Chocolate egg on face mask • Eggsterminator • Butterfly Outfit|
|Thanksgiving||Cornucopia • Turkey book • Mackers|
|Cryptic Clue Fest||Magnifying glass • Investigator's outfit • Rock fragment • Avalani's robes • Mysterious book • Diamond sceptre • Diamond crown|
|RuneFest||Flagstaff of festivities • Runefest 2011 hood • Golden scythe • RuneFest 2013 Cape|
|Commemorative||Golden cracker and hammer • 200m glasses • 10th anniversary cake and candles|
|Other||Lily of the valley • Oktoberfest pretzel • Carnival headdress • Skull mask|