The Triumvirate was a community game released on 19 May 2010 . It was composed of three different organisations or factions: the Lords, the Judges, and the Reavers. Each faction had different philosophies and mindsets with which all members of the faction agreed with. These philosophies were outlined in each faction's tenets (or principles). This was all organised through the Triumvirate forum in the Events & Services section of the RuneScape Forums, and each faction had its own official Friend chat to facilitate communication within the game. Jagex has stated that they will no longer be supporting the Triumvirate, so the participating players took control of it.
The goal of the Triumvirate was for members of all three factions to compete to earn their faction the most influence. Each faction gained influence based on victories in Challenges, the size of their Army, the number of Individuals in the faction, and any other special awards made by the J-mods for a notable contribution to the community. Influence gained upon winning events depended on the scale of the event and the risk involved. There was no cap as for how much influence one faction can gain in total and the battle for dominance amongst the factions could be considered never-ending.
When a player joined one of the factions, they started out with the 'Initiate' rank. To improve their rank they had to earn Individual influence points, which were only given out by J-mods. Individual influence points were earned by contributing to the overall Triumvirate community, contributing to a player's faction, or through certain events, challenges and various other ways. Player ranks increased to Adept, Champion and finally to the Minister rank. Champions and Ministers could set events and challenges for individuals and factions, subject to J-mod approval.
Clans could also join one of the three factions, and could gain Clan influence points through clan challenges. Clans started out as Infantry and could increase their rank to Battalion and finally to Elite Task Force. Battalions and Elite Task Forces could set challenges for clans, subject to J-mod approval.
Each faction had J-mod figureheads who were in charge of leading events, alongside any other higher ranked member of their respective faction. These J-mods, however, were the only people permitted to award points and settle disputes and any form of rule-breaking. The J-mods were categorized under a rank above that of Minister, the name being different in each faction. J-mods in the Lords were called The Royalty, those in the Reavers were called The Fallen and those in the Judges were called The High Council.
Players could switch from one faction to another, however at the loss of all of their Individual influence points and rank.
Following the J-Mods leaving the Triumvirate, the players are still managing to run it today. As of December 2011 the Triumvirate has merged into a single clan named "Triumvirate" with the current friends chat: "Trium_chat".
Because of the forum streamlining update which occurred on 10 November, 2011, the Triumvirate forums no longer exist. Inactive forums were withdrawn and in response to this the Triumvirate took a turn to the clan community, with involvement by Jagex having been ceased a few months prior.
- This section is about a group of players in the community game, Triumvirate. For other uses, see Lord.
- Philosophy: Order
- Focus: Duty, tradition, control
- Colours: Blue and Silver
- Element: Stone
- The Royalty: Mod Captain, Mod Mark, Mod Mark H, Mod Howes, Mod Raven, Mod Johan, Mod Leeny, Mod Mattyc
- Ensure thy dominance
- As a Lord you must be the paragon of Order. This can only be achieved by making sure that both yourself and the rest of the Lords are at the top in all things.
- Uphold thy honour
- You cannot spread the word of order if you yourself do not reflect an honourable image. Maintain your code of honour and more will join under your banner.
- Spread the word
- New nobles are always welcome into the family of the Lords. Work to bring more under our banner.
- Joining the Lords
- By posting on the Join The Lords Here! thread, you were automatically made a member of the Lords faction within the Triumvirate. New members names would then be added to the official Members List as time allowed it. Most players experienced a wait time of 1 – 2 weeks.
- Lords Forum Home
- The Lords Home & Discussion thread was used as another way to communicate to fellow members, besides the Friend Chat. Strategic planning regarding events, discussion of official issues that effect the Lords, and general off-topic posts or "talk threads" often took place on the Lords Home & Discussion thread.
- Friend Chat
- The official Lords Friend Chat was "The Lords". The Friend Chat was used for general conversation and communication, as well as being used for official faction events such as Clan Wars or Castle Wars
- This section is about a group of players in the community game, Triumvirate. For the character involved in the King's Ransom quest, see Judge.
- Philosophy: Balance
- Focus: Neutrality, caution, wisdom
- Colours: White and Green
- Element: Water
- The High Council: Mod French, Mod Markg, Mod Hohbein, Mod Jon H, Mod Hiisi, Mod Sommerz, Mod Edu, Mod Argus.
- Preserve the Balance
- The Judges should reflect temperance and calmness on all occasions. Leave rash thinking to others.
- Balance requires respect
- Judges should remain neutral by avoiding being drawn into any negative conflict where possible. Sometimes a confrontation is inevitable but that doesn't mean a Judge has to lose their cool nature.
- Judges should not be alone
- The Judges should work with each other, helping out where needed. Judges should always seek to spread the truth of balance to others.
- Joining the Judges
- By posting on the Join The Judges Here! thread, you were automatically made a member of the Judges faction within the Triumvirate. New members names would then be added to the official Members List as time allowed it. Most players experienced a wait time of 1 – 2 weeks
- Judges Forum Home
- The Judges Home & Discussion thread was used as another way to communicate to fellow members, besides the Friend Chat. Strategic planning regarding events, discussion of official issues that effect the Judges, and general off-topic posts or "talk threads" often took place on the Judges Home & Discussion thread.
- Friend Chat
- The official Judges Friend Chat was "The Judges". The Friend Chat was used for general conversation and communication, as well as being used for official faction events such as Clan Wars or Castle Wars
- Philosophy: Chaos
- Focus: Mayhem, change, impetuosity
- Colours: Black and Red
- Element: Fire
- The Fallen: Mod Crow, Mod Timbo, Mod Mat K, Mod SteveW, Mod Paul M, Mod Poppy, Mod Achilles, Mod Karolina
- Change is good
- A Reaver's life should never be static. All Reaver's should try and do something new as often as possible and to help others learn what they can do to be...different!
- Caution is survival!
- While the Reavers strive for chaos and to live a fiery life they must not try and break the fundamental laws of the land (The rules of Jagex).
- There is no I in Reaver
- Work together with your fellow Reavers and work to bring more into the fold. No Reaver should place their own entertainment and worth above those of their kin.
- Joining the Reavers
- By posting on the Join The Reavers Here! thread, you were automatically made a member of the Reavers faction within the Triumvirate. New members names would then be added to the official Members List as time allowed it. Most players experienced a wait time of 1 – 2 weeks.
- Reavers Forum Home
- The Reavers Home & Discussion thread was used as another way to communicate to fellow members, besides the Friend Chat. Strategic planning regarding events, discussion of official issues that effect the Reavers, and general off-topic posts or "talk threads" often took place on the Reavers Home & Discussion thread.
- Friend Chat
- The official Reavers Friend Chat was "The Reavers". The Friend Chat was used for general conversation and communication, as well as being used for official faction events such as Clan Wars or Castle Wars
General Challenge InformationEdit
Challenges could only be issued by a player or a clan with the rank of Champion/Minister or Battalion/Elite Task Force.
- Earned influence points for the faction.
- These challenges varied, from Clan Wars to in-game debates.
- Earned an individual player points, which helped them rank up within their own faction.
- These challenges varied, from Hide N' Seek to Fight Pits.
- Earned points which went to a clan and allowed it to increase its ranking within its faction.
- These challenges varied, from Stealing Creation to Pest Control.
Faction Challenge ExamplesEdit
- Clan Wars - Six F2P matches (two for each faction pairing) on various maps, with the Knock Out and Kill Them All conditions. Each match consisted of two battles, each battle climaxing in a duel between J-mods.
- Realm vs Realm War! - A war across three days and three P2P PVP worlds. The Lords were based in the Dwarven Mines, the Judges in the Lumbridge Catacombs and the Reavers in the H.A.M. Dungeon, each faction with a specified team cape. Nine times over those three days, J-mods turned up to watch the battles at those three locations for one hour and take screenshots every 10 minutes. For each of those 486 screenshots, the faction with the highest number of their team capes visible gained 20 influence. Announcement here & official screenshots here
- Castle Wars Triumvirate Tournament - Nine matches on each of three worlds (nine for each faction pairing), 100 influence per victory. Announcement here & official screenshots here
- The First Debate! - Members from all three factions came together to debate why people should join their faction over the others, with J-mods awarding 5 influence for each strong debate point made. A total of 105 influence was awarded.
- Stealing Creation - Six matches (two for each faction pairing), 100 influence per victory.
- Monster Hunting: Kalphite Queen - Each faction had a team on a different world, with 50 influence going to the fastest team to kill the Kalphite Queen 15 times in a row.
- Clan Wars Challenge! - Three F2P matches (one for each faction pairing). Each match lasted for one hour of Knock-0ut battles on the Turrets map, ignoring 5 stragglers, with 100 influence for each victory within that hour. A total of 1500 influence was awarded. Official screenshots here
- Triumvirate Goes Soul Wars - Six matches (two for each faction pairing), 100 influence per victory.
- Realm vs Realm 2 - A war between all 3 factions in PvP where the aim was to conquer Al Kharid Palace. The faction who was the most dominant at 4 points of the war, once every 15 minutes, would win per section.
Individual Challenge ExamplesEdit
- Castle Wars Report - Players were asked to write reports on the Castle Wars Triumvirate Tournament on a forum thread. For each of the 27 matches, the J-mods chose the best report and awarded its author 2 influence.
- Hide 'N Seek RuneScape - At three separate times, one person hid in an F2P world and one person hid in a P2P world, with cryptic clues to their locations placed on a forum thread when the challenge started. 2 influence was awarded to the first player to find each hider.
- Fight Pits Free-For-All - Two Fight Pits matches, each awarding 2 influence to the winner and 1 influence to the people in 2nd and 3rd place.
- Race Around the Wilderness - Two F2P world races through the Wilderness, from the Jolly Boar Inn to the Wilderness Island Ruins north of Daemonheim, to the Wilderness Volcano Bank, to the West Side of the Lava Maze and finally to the Zamorak Temple near the Goblin Village, with the winner of each race receiving 2 influence.
- F2P Duel Arena Matchplay - Many entrants, one overall winner. 2 influence for the overall winner, and 2 influence for the player with the greatest increase in rank during the course of the competition.
- Triumvirate's Next Top Model - A fashion show challenge, the one with the best costume representing their faction is the winner, chosen by Mod Liv.
- Triumvirate Pub Quiz - A Pub quiz, in which teams of 3 must answer Mod Poppy's questions related to RuneScape, General Knowledge and the worlds entertainment.
Clan Challenge ExamplesEdit
- Stealing Creation - Paired matches, 5 influence for each victorious clan.
- Clan Plays - 1 influence to the clan judged by the panel to put on the best performance.
- Waves of Doom - Timed Barbarian Assault, 2 influence for the fastest clan to go from Wave 1 to killing the Penance Queen.
- Jagex Clan Cup 2010 - If the Clan that wins one of the three Clan Cups is signed up to the Triumvirate, they gain 10 Clan influence plus 200 influence for their faction.
- Pest Control - Win a game of Pest Control in the Intermediate boat at six different times over a weekend, gaining 1 influence per victory.