Tree seeds are seeds that are planted in tree patches that grow into your own personal tree as part of the Farming skill. Growing trees is somewhat different to other plants, in that there is an intermediate growing stage where the seed must be grown into a sapling before being planted into a cleared tree patch.
First, an empty plant pot may be used on any farming patch, even if something is growing in it, with a gardening trowel to fill the plant pot with soil. Plant one tree seed on the pot with the gardening trowel and water it with a watering can. After a few minutes, the seedling will grow into a sapling which can then be planted in a cleared tree patch.
Before transplanting the sapling, the player can add compost or supercompost to the patch, or hire a farmer to look after it in order to lower its rate of getting diseased. However, seedlings and saplings are unable to become diseased while growing in a plant pot.
Note: Saplings and trees do not need watering.
List of Tree seeds Edit
|Level||Seed||Protection||Growth time ||Experience||Cost||Profit ||Uses |
|7×40 mins||25||1456.5||1481.5||189||3,693 |
- ^ N×40 mins means the crop will grow a little for each 40 minutes. This happens N times until it is fully grown.
- ^ Assume 10 logs and its tree roots are harvested.
- ^ All tree roots can be used to make supercompost and crossbow string.
- ^ a b c All baskets required must be filled with 5 harvests.
- ^ Including the 6 Willow branch obtained.
Cost vs Experience Edit
|Level||Seed||Cost||Total Farming experience||Cost/XP|
Tree Patch locations Edit
- Behind Lumbridge castle
- Varrock castle's courtyard
- Falador park
- South of Taverley
- Tree Gnome Stronghold