- Player: You're much friendlier than the other Dagannoth hatchlings.
- Rex hatchling: Me like <Player>. <Player> friendly to me.
- Player: I'm friendly to the others but they still don't like me.
- Rex hatchling: <Player> just unfortunately tasty. Not <Player>'s fault.
- Player: Great.
- Rex hatchling: Others say when sea comes, you die.
- Player: What do you mean?
- Rex hatchling: Elders say when land wet, all humans die. Includes <Player>.
- Rex hatchling: Will miss <Player>.
- Player: Don't worry, I have a habit of surviving.
- Player: In fact, I'm sure I can create some kind of water-bound vessel.
- Rex hatchling: You silly, <Player>. You have no skill to do that!
- Rex hatchling: Me like shinies.
- Player: You have 'shinies'? Can I see them?
- Rex hatchling: No! my shinies!
- Player: Can you at least tell me what they are?
- Rex hatchling: Shiny rings!
- Player: You know, I'd really like to take a look at them.
- Rex hatchling: No! My shinies!
In Waterbirth DungeonEdit
- Rex hatchling: What does <Player> think of home?
- Player: Oh, it's lovely. I really like what you've done with the place.
- Rex hatchling: What <Player>'s favourite bit?
- Player: Uhh... the damp floor?
- Rex hatchling: We work hard to make floor damp. Thank you, <Player>.
- The second conversation may be a reference to the much discussed Sailing skill where the skill was widely talked about but never released.