A Friend from the NorthEdit
Inspecting the Mountain DwarfEdit
- Player: How do I protect you I wonder...
- Gypsy Aris: To protect our short angry friend from the culinaromancer's magics, I suggest that you seek out his father within the mountain tunnel that he guards.
- Gypsy Aris: His fondness for rock cakes could prove key in freeing him.
Easy as (Rock) CakeEdit
- Player: That dwarf... I somehow can't remember how I managed to save him...
- Cook: The dwarf? Oh, yeah, I think that was an easy one, didn't you say?
- Player: I did? Er, I did.
- Cook: You went to see his dad in the tunnels under white wolf mountain, and then got some rock cakes, if I remember rightly.
- Player: Oh yeah... I remember now...
- Cook: Did you want a reminder on any other of your brave exploits?
- [Back to list of options]
Under the MountainEdit
Grouchy Old DwarfEdit
- Player: ...son...time bubble...culinaromancer...freeze...rockcakes!
- Old Dwarf: ...
- Old Dwarf: I have absolutely no clue what you are on about. Sit down, catch your breath and explain please!
- Player: Ok. Your son, the one who guards the tunnel entrance?
- Old Dwarf: Oh aye. Good lad he is.
- Player: Well he's at a special meeting and he's been frozen by the culinaromancer!
- Old Dwarf: Ok... you lost me again. I just got back from visitin' him up top, he's fine.
- Player: He's in a TIME BUBBLE!
- Old Dwarf: Oh that. No no, he's quite ok. That was last week.
- Player: I need your rock cakes to free him from it.
- Old Dwarf: You're delusional. Never would old Rohak give away his special recipe, not for all the golden nectar from the Rising Sun!
Talking to Rohak again
- Rohak: I would never give away me special rock cake recipe, not for all the golden nectar from the Rising Sun!
A Little PersuasionEdit
Talking to Emily about dwarves and ale
- Player: What can you tell me about dwarves and ale?
- Emily: Erm... they like it?
- Player: No no no... I mean what kind of ale do they drink?
- Emily: Well I know for sure that they enjoy my special recipe.
- Player: Oh? Would you tell me?
- Emily: And lose money? I think not!
- Player: I could offer you some in return, how about 100 gold?
- Player: I could offer you some in return, how about 200 gold?
- Player: (Persuade) I'm really quite trustworthy once you get to know me.
- Player: Oh go on, I'm really quite trustworthy once you get to know me.
- Emily: Mmmmm... the secret is in the gold. Drop a gold coin into asgarnian ale and you'll get this weird golden ale that the dwarves seem to love. I think they're genetically attracted to gold.
- Player: Thanks.
- Emily: Wait... what am I saying? I just gave you the secret!
- Player: Here, have a drink.
- You hand the ale to the dwarf who slurps with a noise of a thousand seals celebrating a rain of fish.
- Rohak: Is that what I think it is?
- Player: Maybe!
- Rohak: That's from the Rising Sun, the barmaid there will never tell me the recipe she uses. It's divine!
- Player: Thinking of recipes...
- Rohak: No! I shwears I'll never tell...
- The dwarf nurses the very last drops of the pint as if he'd really like more.
Handing Rohak a second ale
- Player: Here, have another.
- Rohak: Don't mind if I do!
- Rohak the dwarf looks a bit drunk.
Handing Rohak a third ale
- Player: I think you deserve another pint.
- Rohak: Don't mind if I do!
- Rohak the dwarf looks a little more drunk.
Handing Rohak a fourth ale
- Player: I'm sure another pint will go down nicely.
- Rohak: Don't mind if I do!
- Several beers later...
- Rohak the dwarf looks very drunk.
Do a Mate a FavourEdit
- Rohak: Ahhh, yer me besht mate... mate.
- Player: You're a good friend Rohak, do you think you could do me a favour?
- Rohak: Fer you [Player]? Fer you I'd... Id... shlide down a shlope of thishtlesh wif no 'elmet on!
- Player: I don't need you to do that... friend. Just something as simple as baking me some of your wonderful rock cakes. Hmm? For your good friend?
- Rohak: Fer you! Anyfin'! Fer a price of course!
- Player: Good. I'm sure I have some gold somewhere!
Talking to Rohak further
- Player: How much gold do you want to make the cake?
- Rohak: WHAT?! That wasn't a dream? Oh my aching head...
- Player: No, not a dream, you agreed to make me your special rock cake, for a fee.
- Rohak: Oh.
- Rohak: 100 gold, no less!
- Rohak: Also, you'll need to get the ingredients too. Milk, flour, egg and bowl of water, mind it's a bowl and not a dirty bucket.
- You hand over 100 gold.
- Player: You didn't say I'd have to run around... but ok! Milk, flour, egg, bowl of water... I'll be back!
Hot Off the StoveEdit
- Player: I have all the items you asked for... is that it? I could make these!
- Rohak: No you couldn't, there's a special ingredient, but I'm not going to tell you what it is!
- Player: Well... here's the ingredients anyway.
- You hand over the ingredients and watch the dwarf make the cake.
- Rohak places the cake on the table.
- Rohak: There, as good as my word. Hot rock cakes to my special recipe.
Talking to Rohak after picking up the cake
- Rohak: Hot any use out of that rock cake I made you [Player]?
- Player: Not yet but I will. I'm going to save your son.
- Rohak: I keep tellin you, he's fine!
Freeing the Mountain DwarfEdit
Attempting to free the dwarf with a hot rock cake
- Gypsy Aris: STOP! What do you think you're doing!
- Gypsy Aris: You can't feed him red hot rock cakes! You'll kill him! Find a way to cool them down.
- Player: Oh, ok, I'll find a way to cool them down then.
- Gypsy Aris: I hear there's a rather chilly reception on top of a rather icey mountain.
Save from the FatherEdit
- Gypsy Aris: Good work adventurer, I've teleported them away to safety! You only have [number] council members left to protect!
|A subquest of Recipe for Disaster|
|Miscellaneous||Quick guide • Transcript|