- The little robot begins to whirr, as if booting up.
- Cresbot: System-start: Identifying-owner. Hello-<Player>.
- Player: What's it like being a robot, Cresbot?
- Cresbot: Request-for-information-acknowledged. Answer: Cresbot-does-not-have-opinions. Cresbot-does-not-feel-emotions.
- Player: No emotions? That sounds terrible!
- Cresbot: Response: Yes. It-makes-Cresbot-very-sad.
- Player: Uh...
- Cresbot: WARNING! WARNING!
- Player: What's going on?
- Cresbot: Cresbot-security-has-been-compromised! Self-destruct-sequence-initiated! Calculating-possible-escape-time-for-human... Time-for-escape: 0.0000043-seconds. Good-luck.
- Player: Oh no!
- Cresbot: Goodbye-world!
- Player: Noooooooooo! ...Nothing happened.
- Cresbot: Team-adventure-sequence-ended. Cresbot-got-you-good. HA-HA-HA.
- Player: So Cresbot, how are you enjoying travelling with me?
- Cresbot: Request-for-personal-reassurance-acknowledged. Answer: You-are-my-best-friend-INSERT-NAME-HERE.
- Player: Thank you, I think. I'm enjoying your company too, Cresbot.
- Cresbot: Compliment-acknowledged. Smug-mode-enabled. Cresbot-certainly-excels-at-his-primary-function-of-companionship. Cresbot-is-the-best-robotic- CRITICAL-ERROR! Self-confidence-matrix-calculation-exception! Cresbot-shutting-down.
- Player: So, what did Cres program you to do?
- Cresbot: Request-for-information-acknowledged. Answer: Cresbot-is-multi-functional. Primary-mode: companionship. Secondary-mode: miniature-killing-machine. Additional-functions-are-available.
- Player: Miniature killing machine mode? I'd like to see that!
- Cresbot: Mode-change-initiated. CRITICAL-ERROR! Mode-offline. Please-make-alternative-selection.
- Player: Hmm...what about your additional functions then?
- Cresbot: Request-for-information-acknowledged. Additional-functions-include: foot-massage, appointment-scheduling, armour-cleaning, long-walks-on-the-beach, stand-up-comedy. Continue?
- Player: A foot massage sounds lovely.
- Cresbot: Mode-change-initiated. Massage-pads-warming. CRITICAL-ERROR! Massage-pad-meltdown. Caution: risk-of-death-if-continued.
- Player: Let's try something else then...what about some comedy?
- Cresbot: Mode-change-initiated. Humour-core-booting-up. CRITICAL-ERROR! Laughter-meltdown-in-port-3. Please-make-alternative-selection.
- Player: Never mind.
- Cresbot: Cresbot-apologises-for-the-inconvenience.
Using items on CresbotEdit
When an item is used on Cresbot, a message appears in the chatbox saying "Cresbot politely declines your offer.", and it says one of the following phrases:
- Cresbot: Cresbot-does-not-feel-hungry-at-this-time. Or-ever.
- Cresbot: Scanning-item. Item-contains-contaminant!
- Cresbot: Error! Error! Error! Item-clog-in-port-5!
- The line "Compliment-acknowledged. Smug-mode-enabled." is a reference to a line from the character Kryten in the British comedy TV series Red Dwarf.
- The line about Cresbot's lack of emotions making it sad may be a reference to a line from the robot Bender in the show Futurama. Similarly, the dialogue about the "Item-clog in port-5" refers to another Futurama episode where a robot version Lucy Liu shuts down and self-destructs from a "MASSIVE CORN CLOG IN PORT 7".
- The line "Item-contains-contaminant." is a reference to the character MO from the movie Wall-E.
- At the start of conversation 3, cresbot say "You-are-my-best-friend-INSERT-NAME-HERE" this is a reference to GlaDOS in Portal.