|Release date||22 August 2006 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||Impressing the Locals|
|Location||The dock of Port Sarim|
|Sells items||Trader Stan's Trading Post|
|Examine|| With the prices he charges, no wonder he can afford to look so sharp.|
Trader Stan is the owner of a series of charter ships that can transport adventurers to various ports. He can be found on the docks of Port Sarim. Like the Trader Crewmembers he employs, he can give adventurers access to Trader Stan's Trading Post, a shop selling various miscellaneous items. He is a frequent visitor of Surula's bar, having racked up a debt of roughly 1000 coins. He also had an item stored on one of his boats which he wasn't too keen to talk about.
Stan's ships stopped travelling to the Wushanko Isles several years ago due to rampant sea monster attacks. However, after he had two ships stolen in quick session by the slaver Jed, he decided to try venturing back to the Eastern Lands. The first ship was stolen by Jed while the crew were changing, who sailed it to the Eastern Lands. The second was stolen shortly afterwards and used by Jed to attack Port Sarim Jail. He commissioned a local portmaster to captain a new ship, the Sarim's Revenge.
- He has many similarities to Stan from the Monkey Island series. They are both salesmen, have similar outfits and idle animations, are dressed similar, and both provide a ship for the protagonist.
- He seems to be wearing a tan cavalier.
- Trader Stan is susceptible to the Ring Of Charos, as revealed in Postbag from the Hedge.
- ^ The Barmaid, "Impressing the Locals", RuneScape. "Oh, did he, now. I'll tell you what, lamb - if you square up what Stan owes me I've got the perfect person in mind for your crew."
- ^ Trader Stan, "Impressing the Locals", RuneScape. "I'd like you to retrieve the prized item that was on my boat when Jed stole it, and return it to me no-questions-asked."
- ^ Trader Stan, "Impressing the Locals", RuneScape. "I stopped sending my charter ships to the Wushanko Isles years back, when all the sea monsters started showing up. But if they've cleared up enough that scum like Jed can so brazenly waltz in and out of it, with my ships no less, then maybe it's time I took my business back that way."
- ^ Trader Stan, "Meg's Cases", RuneScape. "Yes, a chartered ship had just arrived and we were performing a crew change, when the ship just left all by itself.[...]A rather soggy individual was on deck, having thrown the gangplank at us. He was mostly dressed in dark clothes, no sleeves..."
- ^ Trader Stan, "Impressing the Locals", RuneScape. "Jed? That crazy, blasted pirate? He stole two of my ships! TWO! And the second one, he used to assault Port Sarim's jail."
- ^ Trader Stan, "Impressing the Locals", RuneScape. "The residents of Port Sarim, along with other charitable sorts, have constructed a new interceptor. I've named it Sarim's Revenge! Technically, it's donated to me personally, but it's a boat for all of Port Sarim. And I am entrusting it to you, at least for the time being...though there is something I - we of Port Sarim - would like you to do in exchange."
|Initial part of the Tales of the Arc|
|Miscellaneous||Quick guide • Transcript|