Torva armour is a full set of degradable power armour that requires 80 Defence and 80 Constitution to wear. It was first mentioned on 3 January 2011 and released into the game on 10 January 2011. Torva armour pieces are obtained as rare drops from Nex , the boss of the Zarosian stronghold of the God Wars Dungeon, the Ancient Prison. It is the melee counterpart to Virtus armour and Pernix armour, which are respectively Magic and Ranged sets.
Wearing any piece of Torva, Pernix, or Virtus armour, or wielding a zaryte bow or Ascension crossbow, will cause all factions of monsters in the God Wars Dungeon (aside from bosses and Zarosian monsters in the Ancient Prison) to be unaggressive.
Degrading and repairEdit
Torva armour fully degrades after 10 hours of combat. Its bonuses are not lost as it degrades; they remain constant throughout the ten hours. The percentage of an item's charge can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Each individual item in the set can be repaired either at Bob's Brilliant Axes or at an armour stand in a player-owned house. Repair costs at an armour stand decrease linearly based on the player's Smithing level, which can be boosted, but not assisted.
|Torva Set Repair Cost|
|Piece||Bob's Brilliant Axes|
|Torva full helm||500,000 coins||250,000 coins|
|Torva platebody||2,000,000 coins||1,000,000 coins|
|Torva platelegs||1,000,000 coins||500,000 coins|
|Torva gloves||200,000 coins||100,000 coins|
|Torva boots||100,000 coins||50,000 coins|
|Full set||3,800,000 coins||1,900,000 coins|
|Torva Grand Exchange cost|
|Torva full helm||19,668,824 [view]|
|Torva platebody||36,091,484 [view]|
|Torva platelegs||30,887,643 [view]|
|Torva gloves||14,438,575 [view]|
|Torva boots||16,050,390 [view]|
Item shards are obtained from certain monsters while having CoinShare on. When a rare drop is given by the monster, 120 item shards are divided up among the involved players and sent to their banks. 120 shards can then be combined to give the original item.
|Torva full helm shard||268,735||32,248,200|
|Torva platebody shard||530,293||63,635,160|
|Torva platelegs shard||361,517||43,382,040|
|Torva gloves shard||180,623||21,674,760|
|Torva boots shard||123,306||14,796,720|
|Mainhand Info||Off-hand Info||Attributes||Strength bonus|
|Torva full helm||N/A||-||-||N/A||-||-||338||110||2||20||-||-|
- "Torva" is Latin for "savage", "grim", "fierce", or "wild".
- Torva armour looks quite similar to the armour of Lord Sulla on the cover of the book RuneScape: Betrayal at Falador.
- When first released, Torva, Pernix, and Virtus items became untradeable once degraded and repaired. This was flagged as a glitch and soon fixed.
- Ancient warriors wear a light brown version of this.
- Max can be seen wearing parts of this armour.
- In the promotional video for the return of free trade and the wilderness, some players could be seen wearing Torva armour even though it had not been released. The video was uploaded on 10 December 2010 which is about a month before it came out.
- Torva armour, along with many other armours, received a graphical rework on 6 March 2012. Pernix and Virtus armours were not updated until 5 September 2012.
- Whenever Nex drops a piece of Torva, Pernix, or Virtus armour, (outside of coinshare), a server wide announcement is broadcast to all players currently logged into that particular world.
- Torva armour is named and modelled after Torva, an elite warrior who served in Nex's army during the Third Age.
- As of 3 March 2014, the armour can now be exchanged for an armour set instead.
- ^ Mod Mark. "Behind the Scenes - January". 1 January 2010. RuneScape News.
- ^ Mod Chris L. "God Wars Dungeon - The Ancient Prison". 10 January 2010. RuneScape News.
- ^ Torvus. Latin Dictionary and Grammar Aid. University of Notre Dame. 16:21, May 4, 2012 (UTC). “torvus -a -um [savage , grim, fierce].”*