Torva armour is a full set of degradable power armour that requires 80 Defence and 80 Constitution to wear. It was first mentioned on 3 January 2011 and released into the game on 10 January 2011. Torva armour pieces are obtained as rare drops from Nex, the boss of the Zarosian stronghold of the God Wars Dungeon, the Ancient Prison. It is the melee counterpart to Virtus armour and Pernix armour, which are respectively Magic and Ranged sets.
Wearing any piece of Torva, Pernix, or Virtus armour, or wielding a zaryte bow or an Ascension crossbow, will cause all factions of monsters in the God Wars Dungeon (aside from bosses and Zarosian monsters in the Ancient Prison) to be unaggressive.
Degrading and repairEdit
Ancient armour degrades as it is used. Equipment received from Nex is fully repaired and can be used for 60,000 charges of combat (though it degrades by 2 charges per hit, making the minimum time 5 hours) until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Ancient armour can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Ancient armour may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Ancient armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
| Costs to repair|
|NPC||POH Armour Stand|
|Level 1 Smithing||Level 99 Smithing|
|The price is exactly 50% when operating a Smithing cape.|
template = Barrows repair/calc form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105 param = price|price|2000000|hidden|
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
|Mainhand info||Off-hand info||Attributes||Strength bonus||Price|
|Torva full helm||-||-||-||-||-||-||338||110||2||20||-||-||5,256,277 [view]|
|Torva platebody||-||-||-||-||-||-||389||220||3||30||-||-||19,548,687 [view]|
|Torva platelegs||-||-||-||-||-||-||372||165||2||25||-||-||16,628,462 [view]|
|Torva gloves||-||-||-||-||-||-||84||0||2||12||-||-||6,202,627 [view]|
|Torva boots||-||-||-||-||-||-||84||0||2||12||-||-||15,792,594 [view]|
Item shards are obtained from certain monsters while having CoinShare on. When a rare drop is given by the monster, 120 item shards are divided up among the involved players and sent to their banks. 120 shards can then be combined to give the original item.
|Torva full helm shard||97,039||11,644,680|
|Torva platebody shard||207,468||24,896,160|
|Torva platelegs shard||190,860||22,903,200|
|Torva gloves shard||76,033||9,123,960|
|Torva boots shard||146,646||17,597,520|
- "Torva" is Latin for "savage", "grim", "fierce", or "wild".
- Torva armour looks quite similar to the armour of Lord Sulla on the cover of the book RuneScape: Betrayal at Falador.
- When first released, Torva, Pernix, and Virtus items became untradeable once degraded and repaired. This was flagged as a glitch and soon fixed.
- Ancient warriors wear a light brown version of this.
- Max used to be seen wearing parts of this armour.
- In the promotional video for the return of free trade and the wilderness, some players could be seen wearing Torva armour even though it had not been released. The video was uploaded on 10 December 2010 which is about a month before it came out.
- Torva armour, along with many other armours, received a graphical rework on 6 March 2012. Pernix and Virtus armours were not updated until 5 September 2012.
- Whenever Nex drops a piece of Torva, Pernix, or Virtus armour (outside of coinshare), a server wide announcement is broadcast to all players currently logged into that particular world.
- Torva armour is named and modelled after Torva, an elite warrior who served in Nex's army during the Third Age.
- ^ Mod Mark. "Behind the Scenes - January." 1 January 2010. RuneScape News.
- ^ Mod Chris L. "God Wars Dungeon - The Ancient Prison." 10 January 2010. RuneScape News.
- ^ Torvus. Latin Dictionary and Grammar Aid. University of Notre Dame. 16:21, May 4, 2012 (UTC). "torvus -a -um [savage , grim, fierce]."*