Torva armour is a set of degradable high level melee equipment that requires 80 Defence and 80 Constitution to wear. It was first mentioned on 3 January 2011 and released into the game on 10 January 2011. Torva armour pieces may only be obtained as rare drops from Nex , the boss of the Zarosian stronghold of the God Wars Dungeon, the Ancient Prison. It is the melee companion armour set to Virtus equipment and Pernix armour, which are Magic and Ranged sets, respectively.
As level 80 equipment, Torva armour is currently the second highest-level melee armour in the game, behind Tetsu armour.
Wearing any piece of Torva, Pernix, or Virtus armours, or wielding a zaryte bow, will cause all factions of monsters in the God Wars Dungeon (aside from bosses and zarosian monsters in the Ancient Prison) to be unaggressive.
Degrading and repairEdit
The largest drawback to this armour set is that it degrades after 10 hours of combat. The pieces do not degrade in increments, rather they retain their stats throughout the ten hours and then immediately drop to zero. The amount of time remaining is recorded in-game in increments of one percent. This percentage can be checked by right-clicking the armour piece and selecting 'check-charge' while it is either in your inventory or equipped. Each individual item in the set has a charge value that must be replenished either at Bob's Brilliant Axes or at an armour stand in a player-owned house. Repair costs at an armour stand decrease linearly based on the player's Smithing level, which can be boosted, but not assisted.
|Torva Set Repair Cost|
|Piece||Bob's Brilliant Axes|
|Torva full helm||500,000 coins||250,000 coins|
|Torva platebody||2,000,000 coins||1,000,000 coins|
|Torva platelegs||1,000,000 coins||500,000 coins|
|Torva gloves||100,000 coins||50,000 coins|
|Torva boots||100,000 coins||50,000 coins|
|Full set||3,700,000 coins||1,850,000 coins|
|Torva Grand Exchange Cost|
|Torva full helm||66,257,359 [view]|
|Torva platebody||128,271,121 [view]|
|Torva platelegs||93,060,277 [view]|
|Torva gloves||44,171,169 [view]|
|Torva boots||40,563,707 [view]|
|Mainhand Info||Offhand Info||Attributes||Critical bonuses|
Set effect (After 30th april 2013)Edit
In addition, a set effect is activated when wearing all of the above pieces of equipment. Wearing these pieces of equipment will yield an extra 23 damage in addition to the regular damage bonus from each individual piece. The total damage bonus from wearing all pieces of Torva armour is therefore 74.
- "Torva" is Latin for "savage", "grim", "fierce", or "wild".
- Torva armour looks quite similar to the armour of Lord Sulla on the front page of the book RuneScape: Betrayal at Falador.
- When first released, Torva, Pernix, and Virtus items became untradeable once degraded and repaired. This was flagged as a glitch and soon fixed.
- Ancient warriors wear a light brown version of this.
- Max can be seen wearing parts of this armour.
- In the promotional video for the return of free trade and the wilderness, some players could be seen wearing Torva armour even though it had not been released. The video was uploaded on 10 December 2010 which is about a month before it came out.
- Torva armour, along with many other armours, received a graphical rework on 6 March 2012. Pernix and Virtus armours were not updated until 5 September 2012.
- The minimum combat level required to wear Torva armour is 162.
- Whenever Nex drops a piece of Torva, Pernix, or Virtus armour, a server wide announcement is broadcast to all players currently logged into that particular world.
- ^ Mod Mark. "Behind the Scenes - January". 1 January 2010. RuneScape News. *
- ^ Mod Chris L. "God Wars Dungeon - The Ancient Prison". 10 January 2010. RuneScape News. *
- ^ Torvus. Latin Dictionary and Grammar Aid. University of Notre Dame. 16:21, May 4, 2012 (UTC). “torvus -a -um [savage , grim, fierce].”*
God Wars Dungeon-related items
|Robes of subjugation|
|Ancient ceremonial robes|