|Release date||29 May 2012 (Update)|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Examine text||A dream thrall of the Queen Black Dragon.|
Tortured souls are monsters that appear during the Queen Black Dragon fight. Upon spawning, they release a chaotic cloud which does roughly 1000 damage per game tick, although you can avoid it by running around the area. You can also lure the chaotic cloud onto any Tortured Soul(s) or the worms in the arena. An alternate way to avoid chaotic cloud damage is to wait for the Tortured Soul to spawn, give it 2 seconds before the chaotic cloud spawns and then run through it to avoid damage, causing the chaotic cloud to hit the Tortured Soul. That also is a tactic to kill them with their own attack.
If you wait too long before killing them, they will heal the Queen Black Dragon (by continuous 200s) and damage themselves (by continuous 100s). During the final phase of the attack, a single Tortured soul will often move into the corner of the arena and charge the fatal time stop special move which will be used if it is not killed quickly enough.
All of the tortured soul's dialogue is voiced.
Before releasing chaotic cloud:
- "NO MORE! RELEASE ME, MY QUEEN! I BEG YOU!"
- "How long has it been...since I was taken..."
- "The cycle is neverending, mortal..."
- "We lost our free will long ago..."
- "We will never be free while she lives..."
- "The memory of her song...so enticing...even after eternity...has passed..."
Before using Time Stop:
- "Kill me mortal...quickly! HURRY! BEFORE THE SPELL IS COMPLETE!"
- "Time is short!"
- "She is pouring her energy into me...hurry!"
- "The spell is nearly complete!"