|Release||15 September 2008 (Update)|
|The wraith of a long-dead prisoner.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|8 / 5 / 2|
|4 ticks (2.4s)|
The tormented wraith is the spirit of a prisoner who was tortured and killed long ago by the Kinshra (Black Knights). It resides in the Spirit Realm and can be accessed through the invisible portal at the centre of the Dark Warriors' Fortress, using Jennica's ring. Completion of Summer's End is required to access this area.
The wraith can only be attacked if you wear either regular or elite black armour (helm, body, legs) and have equipped a black item in both the main- and off-hand weapon slots. While in combat with the tormented wraith, players cannot change their equipped items.
The tormented wraith is the only monster besides the Corporeal Beast to drop holy elixirs, which are used to make blessed spirit shields. It can also drop regular spirit shields and has a fairly high drop rate of blue charms.
The tormented wraith is a moderately strong ghost with a weak to medium strength magic attack. To kill it, you will need to meet these requirements:
- Jennica's ring
- Have a full set of melee black armour consisting of a torso (chainbody/platebody), legs (black platelegs), and head (full helm/helm). These can be substituted with elite armour but not heraldic or trimmed.
- Have black equipment to occupy both hand slots (1-handed weapon and shield combo or 2-handed weapon).
|Represents a 90% confidence range.|
Based on a sample of 1,425 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
Add data to the log
|Black full helm||1||Common||1,807|
|Off-hand black longsword||1||Uncommon||551|
Herbs that drop in pairs can be different herbs.
|Grimy dwarf weed||1–2||Rare||3,617–7,234|
|Prayer potion (3)||2||Uncommon||4,800|
|Oak plank||80 (noted)||Rare||39,440|
|Iron ore||50 (noted)||Rare||18,700|
|Spirit sapphire||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit emerald||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit ruby||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Ectoplasmator||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Holy elixir||1||Very rare||738,119|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
Messages from the tormented wraith often show up in the chatbox. Players who are not wearing a ghostspeak amulet (or completed Morytania hard tasks) only see "Woo wooo woo", but players with one equipped may see the following messages:
- "The stench of Kinshra still lingers in my wounds."
- "I can feel them closing in."
- "I must have my vengeance."
- "Bring me the dark warriors or suffer my displeasure!"
- "I will not rest until every black knight is dead."
- "Bid farewell to your breath, black knight!"
- "Prepare to suffer as I have!"
- "You shall die for what you did to me!"
- "Zamorak cannot save you from my wrath!"
- "Suffer the pain of my torment, wretch!"
- "Spill your life for me!"
- "Coward! Hiding behind your false gods!" (versus players who are using Protect from/Deflect Melee)
- "Your dark prayers will not keep you safe forever!" (versus players who are using Protect from/Deflect Melee)
- "Accept your punishment, weakling!"
- It was once possible to fight the tormented wraith from a safespot, but this was eventually removed. On 2 September 2009, Mod Emilee confirmed that the removal was unintentional:
|“|| "Did you remove some of the safe spots on purpose?"
No, they were affected by the game engine changes.
We shall be investigating them on a case by case basis.
— Mod Emilee
- Attempting to unequip a piece of equipment results in a chat box message, "You can't get yourself to change equipment in the presence of the angry wraith."
- If you attempt to attack the wraith without the correct equipment, the chat box says, "You raise your weapon to attack the wraith, but for some strange reason you find yourself physically unable to go through with it."