|Release||9 May 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||168,000 coins|
|Low alch||111,999 coins|
|On death||? (edit)|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange||526,717 coins (info)|
|Torag the Corrupted's platebody armour.|
Torag's platebody is melee armour worn in the body slot that is part of Torag The Corrupted's set of barrows equipment. To wear Torag's platebody, a player must have 70 Defence. Torag's platebody is also one of the strongest platebodies in RuneScape, but it has the downside of degrading after 10 hours. When clicking "check" on the platebody it will show you its charges left. When it has fully degraded it turns to a broken torag's platebody.
Being part of Torag's barrows set, if Torag's platebody is worn along with all of the other pieces of equipment in Torag's barrows set the player receives a special attack. Damaging melee attacks have a chance of lowering the victim's run energy by 20%. However, most players will wear the armour and use a weapon other than Torag's hammers since the set effect is not normally considered useful. This piece of armour cannot be made using the Smithing skill.
- Torag's platebody is only tradeable when undamaged or fully broken.
A player wearing Torag's platebody.
|[view] • [talk]|
Barrows equipment degrades as it is used. Equipment received from the Barrows minigame is fully repaired and can be used for 100,000 charges of combat until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Barrows equipment can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Barrows equipment may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Barrows armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
| Costs to repair|
|NPC||POH armour stand|
|Level 1 Smithing||Level 99 Smithing|
|The price is exactly 50% when operating a Smithing cape.|
template = Barrows repair/calc form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105 param = price|price|270000|hidden|
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
- Before the Evolution of Combat, Torag's platebody had different bonuses from Verac's Brassard,Â Dharok's platebody and Guthan's platebody. As of now, all four melee chest armour pieces are equal.
- Before the graphical update, Torag's Platebody had regular spikes on the shoulder - Much like Dharoks armour. After the update the platebody better resembles Jagex's depiction of the brother. It seems to have a brassard like attachment across the front.
- With various armour updates, the sprite of Torag's platebody is almost similar to the sprite of an Iron platebody.