|Release date||13 May 2010 (Update)|
|Food||Milk, Chocolatey milk|
|Examine|| Baby: A baby tooth creature from Zanaris.|
Healthy: A healthy tooth creature from Zanaris.
Decayed: A decayed tooth creature from Zanaris.
Tooth creatures are pets obtained from the Tooth fairy after completion of Fairy Tale III - Battle at Orks Rift. After Fairy Tale III, the tooth fairy can be found in the Fairy queen's throne room south of the chicken shrine. You need to bring her 5 special kind of teeth to get the pet:
- Kebbit teeth: Obtained by catching a sabre-toothed kebbit. Requires 51 Hunter.
- Suqah tooth: Obtained by killing a suqah. Requires ability to do Lunar Diplomacy.
- Old tooth: Obtained by digging with a trowel (specimen jar and specimen brush also needed) in the Digsite.
- Monkey dentures: Can be found in a crate in the house east of the magic stall in Ape Atoll after completion of Monkey Madness, alternatively one could buy one from the monkey at the magic stall.
- Human child's tooth: Obtained by checking the bunkbed at Gertrude's home.
You will obtain a milk tooth creature. It will grow at a faster rate than normal pets, receiving 3⅓% growth for every time it gets a bit more hungry. Feeding it chocolatey milk instead of regular milk, even if you do it once, will result in a decayed adult creature instead of a healthy one. Feeding it at a pet feeder in a player-owned house menagerie is treated as feeding it regular milk.
If you dismiss it or let it run away, you can get another one for free. You don't have to collect the five teeth again. You can obtain both adult versions by storing your current adult version in the menagerie, then obtaining a second baby creature and raising it using the alternative method.
- When the tooth creature is fully grown, if you feed it chocolatey milk it will not decay.
- Although stating it wants to eat vegetables, using a cabbage or any other vegetable will have no effect as it only drinks milk.
- The tooth creature is one of the few followers able to block other NPCs. This can be used as an aid in trapping penguins or in creating safespots, for example.
|Part 4 of the Fairy Tale quest series|