|Release||3 April 2006 (Update)|
|Is that really Tolna?|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|5 / 3 / 1|
6 ticks (3.6s)
Tolna Talvoy is the child of Launa and Brana Talvoy. When he was young, he left home as he wanted something greater than the farmer's life was offering. He heard rumours of a lost civilisation east of Varrock and went in search of it, but when he reached the site, a rift opened up in the ground and swallowed him.
His parents tried to find him, searching for 25 years. Eventually, the rift reopened in either Year 168 or 169 of the Fifth Age, and people began spelunking into it, only to never return. Amongst those to have gone down into the rift was Brana.
An adventurer went down to search for Tolna and Brana. Down there, physical manifestations of Tolna's feelings appeared, and they had to deal with the various angry creatures, the fear reapers, the confusion beasts and the hopeless creatures. When they reached the centre of the rift, they found Brana trying to comfort Tolna, who had been warped into a monster. The adventurer stopped Tolna from killing his father, vanquishing the evil that had corrupted him, and the three of them returned to the surface. He realised his foolishness and made up with his parents, and remained by the rift to warn people of the danger and to guide them to the combat arena that had appeared.
Tolna's monster form acts as the boss of A Soul's Bane, being a three-headed monster. All three level 53 heads must be defeated and can poison the player. However, poisoning one head poisons all heads.
- Tolna's eyes change colour from green as a child to blue as an adult.
- Tolna's monster form has no chathead. Instead, his dialogue is spoken in the style of being told as a statement.
- ^ Tolna, "A Soul's Bane", RuneScape. "I can't live with your rules any more. Mother. I'm tired of working hard for very little money. There's great wealth that's mine for the taking!"
- ^ Tolna, "A Soul's Bane", RuneScape. "I managed to find the remnants of the ancient civilisation that the stories talked about. It seems people used to worship a god there years ago in numbers far greater than a simple cult following. Sadly there is little remaining so I have nothing else to tell. As soon as I entered this area the ground swallowed me whole."
- ^ Launa, "A Soul's Bane", RuneScape. "No. You see I haven't seen him for... for.... 25 years now."
- ^ Brana, "A Soul's Bane", RuneScape. "Sorry, but your mother and I... tried so hard to find you!"
- ^ Launa, "A Soul's Bane", RuneScape. "Oh I wish I knew for sure.... All I do know is that it opened seemingly by itself few months ago. It was first discovered by the students over at the digsite, a few of which have gone down there, but never returned. They told me about it straight way."
- ^ Launa, "A Soul's Bane", RuneScape. "My husband [Brana] went to look, but he hasn't returned for days."
- ^ Tolna, "A Soul's Bane", RuneScape. "I was foolish to ignore my parents' warnings when I ran away that day. Luckily I've been able to patch things up with them so they've returned home with peace of mind."
- ^ Tolna, "A Soul's Bane", RuneScape. "I've decided to keep open the rift. There is a part of it that is perfectly laid out for combat training and remnants of my subconscious remain in there. I want to show people the problems I have faced, so that they may learn from them. You're welcome to go down there and practice fighting any time."
|Miscellaneous||Quick guide • Transcript|