|Release||14 February 2012 (Update)|
|A glistening obsidian Jad.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|61 / 40 / 20|
TokHaar-Jad is a monster encountered during the Fight Kiln minigame. It is very similar to TzTok-Jad of the TzHaar Fight Cave, as it will engage the Player with all three combat styles. However, TokHaar-Jad has a higher combat level and boasts an even higher maximum hit than TzTok-Jad of 10000+ damage.
Unlike TzTok-Jad, it does not spawn Yt-HurKot or any TokHaar equivalents. Killing TokHaar-Jad does count towards TzTok-Jad reaper assignments, so it can be used as a faster alternative if the player has access to the Fight Kiln.
TokHaar-Jads appear on waves 10, 20, 30, 34, 35 and 36, alongside other powerful monsters. The only exception is in wave 36, where two TokHaar-Jads appear instead. To defeat them with minimal hassle, lure them towards the rock in the middle. This can be done by standing on the tile directly north of the rock in the middle on the eastern tile of the two that are directly north. If you start off the wave standing on this tile you can fight them one at a time and not have to take hits from both simultaneously. The Crystal (invulnerability) allows for open combat until it wears off after 30 seconds.
Fighting TokHaar-Jad requires skill and patience, just like TzTok-Jad. A sharp eye, swift reflexes and being calm is vital when fighting TokHaar-Jad; one mistake can set off a panic which can result in the player's death.
If you feel you're not good at prayer switching, you can do an alternate method (sometimes known as "flinching") where you quickly run out behind the rock, attack, and run behind the rock before it can attack you. Then wait for his health bar to disappear before repeating. This method takes longer, but can be much safer than prayer switching. However; you cannot do this on the double Jad wave, since it will only work on one Jad. However keeping one Jad behind the rock allows prayer switching on the other Jad. Alternatively, use an invulnerability crystal to defeat one or both Jads.
- Melee: TokHaar-Jad slams its fist, without delay, into those who come close to melee him. When it is not using any of its other attacks, Protect from Melee should be on at all times.
- Magic: TokHaar-Jad will slide its rear right foot back, stand up on its hind legs, and shoot a fireball after about half a second. It will inhale and growl loudly while rearing up, so listen for it. Protect from Magic needs to be activated while it's sliding its foot back or rearing up because after it begins to breath fire it will be too late.
- Ranged: TokHaar-Jad slams its forward legs on the ground, causing cracks on the ground and generating yellow shock waves. Soon afterward a boulder will fall on the player (it is not possible to evade this boulder by running). When its legs crash on the ground, a muffled boom will be heard; the audio occurs before the damage is calculated and is far louder than the Magic attack, so those with quick reflexes should be able to easily discern between the two and switch to the correct prayer. This attack is also fairly slow, with an attack speed of two. With the update of 14 February 2012, Jad sometimes produces flames from its mouth, appearing as if it is about to use the magic attack. It quickly stomps on the ground afterward, however, resulting in the ranged attack. This deceptive animation can be negated by watching Jad's back legs rather than its mouth.
- Summary: If you see Jad slide its front right foot back and raise its entire body, remember to activate Protect from Magic; if you see Jad stomp with its legs, activate Protect from Ranged.
- Its name, when translated, means "Obsidian Holy Elemental".
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, TokHaar-Jad had a maximum hit of 1014 damage, which was the most powerful standard attack of any monster and was higher than the normal maximum players could achieve.
- Even though TokHaar-Jad could deal more damage then TzTok-Jad, it had far less health compared to its TzHaar counterpart. This change did not occur until the Fight Kiln buff.
|Fiends & Demons||