|Release date||14 February 2012 (Update)|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Examine text||A glistening obsidian Jad.|
TokHaar-Jad is a monster encountered during the Fight Kiln minigame. It is very similar to TzTok-Jad of the Fight Caves, as it will engage the Player with all three combat styles. However, TokHaar-Jad has a higher combat level and boasts a higher maximum hit than TzTok-Jad of 10000+ damage. Also, like all TokHaar, its attacks are not completely blocked by protection prayers; the reduced damage is very low but can still add up over time. Unlike TzTok-Jad of the fight caves, it does not spawn Yt-HurKot (the healers), or any TokHaar equivalents.
TokHaar-Jads appear on waves 10, 20, 30, 34, 35 and 36, alongside other powerful monsters. There are two TokHaar-Jads on wave 36. To defeat them with minimal hassle, lure them towards the rock in the middle. This can be done by standing on the tile directly north of the rock in the middle on the eastern tile of the two that are directly north. If you start off the wave standing on this tile you can fight them one at a time and not have to take hits from both simultaneously. While being menacing to some, jad is actually very easy to defeat. Simply watch his legs and have your sound turned on.
Fighting TokHaar-Jad requires skill and patience. A sharp eye and swift reflexes are necessary to stand any chance of defeating this monster. It is critical to know the warning signs for its attacks and switch between protection prayers accordingly before the attacks land.
- Melee: TokHaar-Jad slams his fist, without delay, into those who come close to melee him. When he is not using any of his other attacks, Protect from Melee should be on at all times.
- Magic: TokHaar-Jad will slide his rear right foot back, stand up on his hind legs, and shoot a fireball after about half a second. He will inhale and growl loudly while rearing up, so listen for it. Protect from Magic needs to be activated while he's sliding his foot back or rearing up because after he begins to breath fire it will be too late.
- Ranged: TokHaar-Jad slams his forward legs on the ground, causing cracks on the ground and generating yellow shock waves. Soon afterward a boulder will fall on the player (it is not possible to evade this boulder by running). When his legs crash on the ground, a muffled boom will be heard; the audio occurs before the damage is calculated and is far louder than the Magic attack, so those with quick reflexes should be able to easily discern between the two and switch to the correct prayer. Protect from Ranged must be activated BEFORE the boulder begins to fall; otherwise, damage will be taken. This attack is also fairly slow, with an attack speed of two. With the update of 14 February 2012, Jad sometimes produces flames from his mouth, appearing as if he is about to use the magic attack. He quickly stomps on the ground afterward, however, resulting in the ranged attack. This deceptive animation can be negated by watching Jad's back legs rather than his mouth.
- Summary: If you see Jad slide his front right foot back and raise his entire body, remember to activate Protect from Magic; If you see Jad stomp with his legs, activate Protect from Ranged. Sometimes (like in Jad's first appearance), Jad's foot might be hidden behind a wall, and thus seeing his actual foot positions will be hard. An alternative, is to watch his jaws in relation to his feet. If he appears to bend over to "bite" his right foot, prepare for his magic attack. If his jaw comes forward and is centred, where he can't reach/isn't interested in biting his right foot, prepare for his range attack.
- Its name, when translated, means "Obsidian Holy Elemental."
- Unlike TzTok-Jad, TokHaar-Jad can be killed without use of protection prayers or Invulnerability crystal (except for Wave 35) by flinching TokHaar-Jad, however this can take longer to kill using this method.
|Fiends & Demons|