"Baron" redirects here. For the fish, see Baron shark.
Titles are names that come before or after a player's username in the chatbox and when right-clicking. There are four kinds of titles: those from the Members Loyalty Programme, those from Mobilising Armies, those from the Crucible and those from Quests (The Branches of Darkmeyer and The Elder Kiln). Also, when players verify their email address, they gain the ability to use the title 'The Real'.
Members Loyalty Programme
These titles can be bought from Xuan using Loyalty Points. After a title is bought, players can still revert to previous titles, or to no title at all. There is no limit to how many titles a player can have. Eight of the titles depend on the gender of the player. The titles are displayed in the chatbox and also when right-clicking players. The titles can be seen on both Free-to-play or Pay-to-play servers, even if the player with the title is not currently a member.
|Witch king/Witch queen||50,000|
Mobilising Armies Ranks
Players who wear the full Darkmeyer disguise will have their title set to their vampyric title. Even going into a non-member world will keep the title intact. They are:
While it is believed that defeating Vanstrom Klause during Branches of Darkmeyer will automatically max out the status bar, this is not true. The easiest way for players to max out their status after the quest is to enter the jail and kill human prisoners until maxed.
The player would take the highest title they have attained. It is not possible to choose your own vampyric titles.
There is a minor glitch that causes some players' vampyric titles to still display as "vyrewatch" even after maxing out the status bar. Logging out and back in will fix this. Taking a piece of the disguise off and re-equipping it will help too.
Death titles are available as a reward from the Crucible, bought with trophy bones from defeating enemies.
|Name||Cost (Trophy Bones)|
|No Title (default)||free|
|[name] the Redundant||12|
|Everyone attack [name]||30|
|[name] the Idiot||30|
|Sir Lame [name]||30|
|[name] the Flamboyant||30|
|[name] was punished.||30|
|[name]... you fail||30|
|[name] ate dirt||30|
|[name] the Respawner||30|
|[name] the Fail Magnet||30|
|[name] was terminated||30|
|Ket||Strength + Defence|
|Xil||Attack + Agility|
|Hur||Smithing + Crafting|
|Mej||Magic + Prayer|
The in-game player title lack the apostrophe.
However, when viewed in the player's Adventurer's Log, the title appears as "Yt'Haar" (the apostrophe is present).
Gielinor Games Reward Shop Title
Only 1 title is available at the moment, which is bought using Contribution points.
5500 (500 + 5000 to
unlock the golden tier.
One can have titles of multiple types unlocked. For example, a player may have the Lord/Lady title, the Vyrelord/Vyrelady title and the YtHaar title unlocked. To switch between them:
- Right click "Clear-title" on Xuan to remove any title.
- To get a Members Loyalty Programme title back, browse the Loyalty Programme Shop in Burthorpe or Varrock Square.
- To get a vyre title back, wear the full Darkmeyer disguise.
- To get the YtHaar title back, talk to TzHaar-Mej-Ak or TzHaar-Mej-Jeh in the Main Plaza of the TzHaar City.
- To get a Mobilising Armies title back, go near Mobilising Armies with title changing enabled (if disabled, speak to Junior Cadet Mal).
Registering email title
Registering your email to your Runescape account, will give you the "The Real" title. You can turn this on by right-clicking on the Cape of Validation and choose "set title".
This can be turned off like any other title: by finding and right-clicking on Xuan, then select "Clear-title Xuan".
- The 50,000 Loyalty Points reward Wunderkind is German for "Child Prodigy" or, literally, "Wonder Child".
- When a player right-clicks players who have added titles to their names, their names will be the default grey/brown colour, instead of the usual white.
- If a player comes near the Mobilising Armies Command Centre, his or her title will be replaced by their Mobilising Armies rank prefix, if they have one activated. Previously, if they had no rank prefix activated, their title would vanish. After they leave the area, their title will not return, and they will have to go back to Xuan to reactivate it. Since then, if no Mobilising Armies Title is activated, the loyalty title will stay with the character. To remove a title at Mobilising Armies, simply speak to any of the rewards personnel.
- The title Duderino is most probably a reference to the film The Big Lebowski, where Jeff Bridges' character 'The Dude' at one point refers to himself by many names, one of them being El Duderino.
- Putting on and taking off any piece of the Darkmeyer outfit will cause any title you have active to disappear; it can be fixed by repeating the process. This has yet to be fixed.
- If you have a title that changes to your gender, there is a glitch where your title (like Lord) will not change to your current gender; your title will stay the same until you log out. This has been fixed.
- A player's title would change to the corresponding gender when doing Fremennik Sagas.
- Player Moderators with a title are shown as Title Name.
- The title Witch King is the title given to the leader of the Ringwraiths from the Lord of the Rings series.
- The following titles: The Awesome, The Magnificent, The Undefeated, The Strange, The Divine, The Fallen and The Warrior were picked from players' suggestions that players could post in a forum thread.
- 'The Real' is currently the only title it is possible to obtain while free to play.
- Those who purchased the title 'Justiciar' from Xuan, the Member's Loyalty Programme shopkeeper, experienced a minor glitch following the release of The Crucible where their name appeared as the Redundant Name' while the title 'Justiciar' was in use.