|Release date||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|Quest NPC?||The Knight's Sword, The Giant Dwarf, Defender of Varrock|
|Location||South of Port Sarim, on Thurgo's Peninsula|
|Sells items?||Smithing Cape|
|Notable features|| One of the last Imcando dwarves |
Master of Smithing
Thurgo is one of the last living Imcando dwarves (along with Ramarno), and is the master of smithing found outside the Asgarnian Ice Caves, south of Port Sarim. Players who reach level 99 Smithing can purchase the Smithing cape from him for 99,000 coins. Thurgo is involved in several quests: Knight's Sword, The Giant Dwarf, and Defender of Varrock.
Thurgo is also the discoverer of the Skeletal Wyverns. At one time, when mining blurite in the dungeon, he stumbled upon a hole leading into another cave. He went in and awoke the wyverns. Thinking them to be dragons, he pulled out an anti-dragon shield but was nastily burnt by frostbite and narrowly escaped the cave.
When first met, he is quite rude. However, when he is offered a redberry pie, he becomes friendlier towards the player.
- In RuneScape Classic, Thurgo looked like a normal dwarf with a darker skin tone.
- You can't give him a Redberry pie if you're not doing a quest which requires it.
- Thurgo's chathead was one of the few that were not updated in the dwarf chathead update on 19 January 2010.
- If the player has a Coral crossbow and the royal crossbow parts in their inventory, Thurgo will be shocked and ask the player if he can see it.
- Thurgo is an extremely skilled smith (as shown with his Smithing cape). This is supported by the fact that he can create an incomplete Royal crossbow and easily tells the royal crossbow parts are ancient.
- In Runescape Classic, Thurgo's examine info was: A short angry guy.
- Before being offered a redberry pie, Thurgo acts quite rude in normal conversation. However, if you ask him about his skillcape, he will say he is an Imcando dwarf, even though he wouldn't tell you so otherwise.