|Release date||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||Scorpion Catcher|
|Examine|| • Nice hat.|
• Haven't seen a scorpion around here have you?
Thormac is a non-player character who lives at the top of the Sorcerer's Tower south of Seers' Village. He begins the Scorpion Catcher quest. After completing the quest, he can perform a useful service for players which will change a battlestaff into a mystic staff. This service costs 40,000 coins, or 27,000 if you've completed the Seers hard tasks.
He can also be accessed by entering the West portal on the second floor of the Wizards' Guild; this unlocks a hard Ardougne Task.
Making Mystic StavesEdit
Battlestaff Type Battlestaff Cost Mystic Staff Cost Profit Before Hard Tasks Profit After Hard Tasks Air 7265 24646 -22,619 -9,619 Fire 7551 23616 -23,935 -10,935 Water 8163 23660 -24,503 -11,503 Earth 8142 24333 -23,809 -10,809 Lava 9230 51044 1,814 14,814 Mud 39447 89356 9,909 22,909 Steam 33210 86992 13,782 26,782
- He attends the 2011 Christmas Event enjoying the banquet.
- He wears an amulet that looks very much like a Gnome amulet, Crystal pendant, or Glarial's amulet.
- The staff he wields is unique and not available to players. Its orb makes the staff look similar to the one held by Clivet, but Thormac's staff is straight and dark blue, while Clivet's is crooked and black.
- If the player happens to have an Armadyl Battlestaff in their inventory when talking to Thormac, you can ask him to enchant it. His response is "I don't know where you got this, but it already has plenty of mystic power flowing through it. I don't think I can make it anymore mystical" and he does not enchant it.