|Release date||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||Scorpion Catcher|
|Examine|| • Nice hat.|
• Haven't seen a scorpion around here have you?
Thormac is a non-player character who lives at the top of the Sorcerer's Tower south of Seers' Village. He begins the Scorpion Catcher quest. After completing the quest, he can perform a useful service for players which will change a battlestaff into a mystic staff. This service costs 40,000 coins, or 27,000 if you've completed the Seers hard tasks.
He can also be accessed by entering the West portal on the second floor of the Wizards' Guild; this unlocks a hard Ardougne Task.
Making Mystic StavesEdit
Battlestaff Type Battlestaff Cost Mystic Staff Cost Profit Before Hard Tasks Profit After Hard Tasks Air 8220 24192 -24,028 -11,028 Fire 8248 24204 -24,044 -11,044 Water 8286 24140 -24,146 -11,146 Earth 8408 23989 -24,419 -11,419 Lava 9158 49747 589 13,589 Mud 31363 73462 2,099 15,099 Steam 20879 76675 15,796 28,796
- He attends the 2011 Christmas Event enjoying the banquet.
- He wears an amulet that looks very much like a Gnome amulet, Crystal pendant, or Glarial's amulet.
- The staff he wields is unique and not available to players. Its orb makes the staff look similar to the one held by Clivet, but Thormac's staff is straight and dark blue, while Clivet's is crooked and black.
- If the player happens to have an Armadyl Battlestaff in their inventory when talking to Thormac, they may ask him to enchant it. His response is "I don't know where you got this, but it already has plenty of mystic power flowing through it. I don't think I can make it anymore mystical" and he does not enchant it.