|Release date||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||Scorpion Catcher|
|Examine|| • Nice hat.|
• Haven't seen a scorpion around here have you?
Thormac is a mage living at the top of the Sorcerer's Tower south of Seers' Village. He begins the Scorpion Catcher quest. After completing the quest, he can perform a useful service for players which will change a battlestaff into a mystic staff. This service costs 40,000 coins, or 27,000 if the hard Seers' Village achievements are completed.
Making mystic staves
Battlestaff Type Battlestaff Cost Mystic Staff Cost Profit Before Hard Tasks Profit After Hard Tasks Air 8251 24498 -23,753 -10,753 Fire 8253 24482 -23,771 -10,771 Water 8395 24521 -23,874 -10,874 Earth 8329 24562 -23,767 -10,767 Lava 9161 36535 -12,626 374 Mud 18953 58722 -231 12,769 Steam 26937 73307 6,370 19,370
- He attends the 2011 Christmas Event enjoying the banquet.
- He wears an amulet that looks very much like a Gnome amulet, Crystal pendant, or Glarial's amulet.
- The staff he wields is unique and not available to players. Its orb makes the staff look similar to the one held by Clivet, but Thormac's staff is straight and dark blue, while Clivet's is crooked and black.
- If the player happens to have an Armadyl battlestaff in their inventory when talking to Thormac, they may ask him to enchant it. His response is "I don't know where you got this, but it already has plenty of mystic power flowing through it. I don't think I can make it anymore mystical" and he does not enchant it.