|Release date||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||Scorpion Catcher|
|Examine|| • Nice hat.|
• Haven't seen a scorpion around here have you?
Thormac is a non-player character who lives at the top of the Sorcerer's Tower south of Seers' Village. He begins the Scorpion Catcher quest. After completing the quest, he can perform a useful service for players which will change a battlestaff into a mystic staff. This service costs 40,000 coins, or 27,000 if you've completed the Seers hard tasks.
He can also be accessed by entering the West portal on the second floor of the Wizards' Guild; this unlocks a hard Ardougne Task.
Making Mystic StavesEdit
Battlestaff Type Battlestaff Cost Mystic Staff Cost Profit Before Hard Tasks Profit After Hard Tasks Air 7422 24006 -23,416 -10,416 Fire 7719 23998 -23,721 -10,721 Water 8083 23703 -24,380 -11,380 Earth 8397 23868 -24,529 -11,529 Lava 9064 49251 187 13,187 Mud 23692 58546 -5,146 7,854 Steam 22287 72921 10,634 23,634
- He attends the 2011 Christmas Event enjoying the banquet.
- He wears an amulet that looks very much like a Gnome amulet, Crystal pendant, or Glarial's amulet.
- The staff he wields is unique and not available to players. Its orb makes the staff look similar to the one held by Clivet, but Thormac's staff is straight and dark blue, while Clivet's is crooked and black.
- If the player happens to have an Armadyl Battlestaff in their inventory when talking to Thormac, you can ask him to enchant it. His response is "I don't know where you got this, but it already has plenty of mystic power flowing through it. I don't think I can make it anymore mystical" and he does not enchant it.