|Release||5 December 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||108,000 coins|
|Low alch||72,000 coins|
|Exchange||69,525,227 coins (info)|
|Examine||Ancient armour beaten from magical silver.|
The Third-age kiteshield is a members-only piece of armour that is part of the Third Age warrior set. Players need at least 65 Defence to wield it. To obtain one, the player can either complete a Level 3 Treasure trail or trade with another player. It is among the most expensive rewards from a treasure trail.
This shield is the seventh strongest melee shield in the game, beaten by the fully charged Dragonfire shield, Blessed spirit shield, the Bandos warshield, the Divine spirit shield, the Chaotic kiteshield, and the Malevolent kiteshield.
It was long thought that the chances of obtaining a piece of third-age armour was of about 1 in 10,000 (according to Paul Gower), and in 2010 Mod Maylea stated that the odds are lower than 1 in 100,000 . However, a livestream with Mod Simon and James revealed the mechanics of Treasure Trail rewards in detail, meaning the actual chances could be calculated: approximately 1 in 16,896 per item roll for any of the 12 parts of third-age equipment, or approximately 1 in 202,752 for a specific part, per item roll - with an average of 5 item rewards per Trail, this gives approximately 1 in 3,380 for any part, or 1 in 40,551 for a specific part, per Trail completed. For a more detailed breakdown of drop mechanics and calculations, see Treasure Trails/Rewards#Hard.
|Armour||259||PvM: 6.5%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||28.5%|
|7 × Ancient components||100%|
- Although the shape of the third-age kiteshield resembles a teardrop, it is still called a kite shield.
- Due to a graphical update, the steel kiteshield closely resembles the third-age kiteshield.
- The third-age kiteshield is the only shield included in the 16 third-age items which are currently in game, however it is not the only third-age item to occupy the shield/off-hand slot as the third-age druidic staff is a two-handed weapon.
- ^ Mod Maylea. "Treasure Trails Q&A Answers!." 28th of September 2010. News & Announcements Forums.
- ^ RuneScape Twitch channel. RuneScape 3 - 10,000 Hard Clue Casket Rewards with Mods Simon and James!. 12 May 2015.*