|Start point||Irena, the woman crying at the Shantay Pass, south of Al Kharid.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Medium to Long|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
- Begin the quest by talking to Irena (south of Shantay Pass).
- From the Shantay Pass, run slightly south-west to the gate of the Desert Mining Camp.
- Speak to one of the mercenaries and offer them five gold coins.
- Search the gate.
- Use the "Watch" option on the Mercenary Captain (the one with the all-grey shield), then talk to him to obtain a metal key.
- Before proceeding, remove any wielded weapons and/or armour and keep them unequipped for the remainder of the quest.
Entering the mineEdit
- Open the gate to enter the mine.
- Once inside, enter the white building and search the table for a cell door key.
- Go east to the mine door entrance and talk to one of the male slaves near the door.
- If a guard catches you unlocking the slave's chains and you end up in the cell, open the prison door to exit and talk to the slave to try again.
- While wearing the slave robes, open the mine door entrance. Make sure to keep the robes equipped for the remainder of the quest.
- Upon entering, head north and follow the cave around until you come to a guarded cave entrance.
- Attempt to walk through the mine cave.
- Right-click and talk to one of the guards.
- Head back to the mine doors and exit.
- Leave the Desert Mining Camp and run west to the Bedabin Camp.
- Talk to Al Shabim in the southernmost tent to receive the Bedabin key.
- Run east back to the Desert Mining Camp and climb the ladder in the white building.
- On the western wall search the southernmost bookcase.
- Talk to Captain Siad and ask him if you can chat with him, then mention the sailing book.
- Open the chest beside the table to get the plans.
- Go back to the Bedabin Camp and show Al Shabim the plans.
- Enter the tent to the north.
- Use a bronze bar on the anvil and answer the prompt to create a prototype dart tip.
- Use a feather on the dart tip to make a prototype dart.
- Take this back to Al Shabim. He will take the prototype dart, technical plans, and Bedabin key in exchange for a bronze dart and Tenti pineapple.
- Head back down into the mine and give the pineapple to one of the guards.
- Walk through the mine cave and run east to the mine cart.
- Search one of the empty barrels nearby and answer the prompt to take it.
- Right-click and search the cart to ride it to the other side, answering the prompt to confirm.
- Go down the north-western passageway containing a large number of slaves at the end and you will find Ana.
- Use the barrel in your inventory on Ana to squeeze her inside it, and head back to the mine cart.
- Use Ana on the mine cart first, then ride it yourself when it comes back.
- Search the barrels around the cart and retrieve the one that has Ana in it.
- Use the winch bucket north-west of the cart to put the barrel on it.
- Accept the guard's offer for help and give him a compliment.
- Head back to the surface and go to the winch bucket in the south-western corner of the camp.
- Operate it and then search the barrels adjacent to it.
- Search the wooden cart at the centre of the camp, then use Ana on the cart.
- Talk to the Mine cart driver.
- Search the cart and answer the prompt to get on.
- Run north-east towards the Shantay Pass and talk to Irena.
- Congratulations, quest complete!
- 2 quest points
- 4,650 experience in your choice of two from the following skills (you may pick the same skill twice): Agility, Fletching, Smithing or Thieving
- Ability to smith darts
- A wrought iron key for access to the desert mining camp, which contains mithril and adamantite rocks
- Full slave robes
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Music unlocked
|Related to the Desert quest series|