The Shield is a region within the Wushanko Isles accessible by the Player-owned port minigame, found far from the West. It is the eighth region opened up by the player advancing through the minigame and gives Azure missions. Not much is known about these far-off islands. Rare koi have been known to congregate in the surrounding waters, and khans send mining expeditions to the islands to find rich veins of minerals and jewels before their rivals.
- Bladewing Crag - This island is almost entirely unpopulated. Those brave souls who defy this convention contend daily with the indigenous bladewing population.
- Exile's Point - A man could survive on this island - just about - eating raw seabird eggs and sour lemonberries. It is not recommended.
- Isle of Adamant - Adamant is a rare sight in the Eastern Lands; significant deposits on this inhospitable rock give it its name and its wealth.
- Kami-Shima - The island was kept secret and well-hidden by the Tengu due to its extremely high levels of magic and anima, which causes it to be the source of the various sea monsters, which are also created from anima. It also acts as the center force of an energy barrier similar to the Edicts of Guthix which protects the Eastern Lands from the influence of the gods.
- Tengu Archipelago - This island chain is named not for the legendary bird-demons but for ten equally legendary local sages known as the Gu.
- The Faraway Place where Things are Kept - Island is empty except for an entrance to a resource dungeon offering 1 of 2 chests for a random reward.
- The Island that is Blamed for Nothing - Six hundred men and women died exploring this island. All was forgiven when the massive azure lodes were discovered here.
- The Lair of Tavi and Vynal - A jewel of culture within the bleak black rock; it is said that the finest musicians in the East or West can be found here.