|Release||25 June 2018 (Update)|
|Crassian likely? A worthy defender, impeding advancement.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|540 / 360 / 180|
4 ticks (2.4s)
Players may use a fishy treat to skip the fight with the Sanctum Guardian.
The Sanctum Guardian attacks with AoE ranged and melee attacks. Her ranged attack consists of a purple ball landing on its target's position, and can be avoided by moving out of the way. The melee attack is a splash of water which hits all players within a 5x5 radius of the Guardian.
After the initial 4 ranged attacks, she splashes the surrounding area with a large blast of water, and from there onward, every ranged attack is followed by the special attacks rotation.
For her second attack, the Guardian blasts a torrent of water from her mouth, which is always aimed starting at the north side of the room and turns in a counter-clockwise formation, dealing up to 7,000 soft typeless damage if the player is hit by it. Players can Surge through the water or Resonance it for no damage. It cannot be outrun, as the Guardian moves too fast to do so. Players can safely avoid the attack by standing in the north-east corner, then run north-west.
Her third attack consists of picking one player and blasting a jet of water on them, causing a blue bar beneath their adrenaline bar to appear. When this bar fills, the 5x5 area around where the player stood is enveloped in purple flames. While this initially deals low damage, it will quickly cap out at 5,000 damage per tick which will easily kill any player standing in it. This attack pattern repeats until the fight is over.
After every three torrent attacks, she will summon two crassian reinforcements to assist her in battle.
- Reeeeeeeeeeeeek! Outsiders!
- Not council! It not welcome! Leave!
- Acolytes and outsiders stay away from door!
- Reeeeeeeeeeeeek! Last warning! It die!
- I kill it! Master Masuta not have to deal with it.
- Council will NOT be disturbed!
- Nobody will access cistern! Nobody will access cistern!
- Guard, guard, guard!
- It not allowed in! Lady Shih's magic will stop it.
- Even if I can't...
- The council will chase its soul through all worlds. It die anyway...
Using a Fishy treat on the GuardianEdit
- A fishy treat? It may pass!
The Guardian drops onyx dust, unless a fishy treat or Crassian Allegiance is dropped, which replaces the dust.
|Fishy treat||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Crassian Allegiance||1||Rare[l 1]||Not sold|
- ^ Has a base chance of 10+X/100 where X is the amount of normal mode kills.
|Relic of aminishi (common)||1||Common||Not sold|
|Relic of aminishi (uncommon)||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Weapon poison++ (1)||1||Uncommon||7,773|
|Prayer potion (1)||1||Uncommon||776|
|Menaphite gift offering (small)||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Suspicious gunpowder||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Relic of aminishi (rare)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Onyx dust||1–5||Very rare||25,862–129,310|
|Seasinger weapon upgrade kit||1||Very rare||710,003|
|Tetsu sword upgrade kit||1||Very rare||713,089|
|Steadfast scale||1||Very rare||11,933,772|
|Sealed clue scroll (elite)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Sirenic scale||1||Very rare||313,374|
|Draconic visage||1||Very rare||1,275,627|
|Seiryu's claw||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Crassian en Masse ( 30) - Defeat the Sanctum Guardian with exactly 10 crassians still alive when she dies.
- Outflanked 'em in the Sanctum ( 30) - Defeat the Sanctum Guardian without anyone taking any damage from her purple corruption.
- Here Is My Handle ( 20) - Defeat the Sanctum Guardian after being hit by her water spout 10 times.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Shauny's Twitter account. 29 June 2018. Mod Shauny: "#RSHotfix: Temple of Aminishi lore books now have a greater chance of dropping in story mode than in normal mode."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Orion's Twitter account. 9 July 2018. Mod Orion: "1 kc would give a 1.1/10 chance. To put it clearer: Base chance is 10% 1kc = 11% 50kc = 60% 90kc = 100%"