The activity revolved around obtaining the Lost sword of King Raddallin. Players could help with this between 22 and 26 October 2015. Each day required two different skills. Free-to-play players could not use the members skill, but only the free to play skill.
Players could speak to Darla nearby to check the progress of the activity, claim any rewards and buy additional tools. After the event, players can give the Letter from King Raddallin obtained from the chest to her. There was also a right-click option on tools to check the activity's progress, as well as being able to teleport directly to the park.
Every day that the activity was active, players received 100 basic tools on login. Tools from previous days if not yet obtained would also be given. Additional tool packs could be purchased for loyalty points by speaking to Darla. Players could also earn golden tools from Treasure Hunter, which gave 25 times the experience and contribution if the player's skill level was over 50, or 10 times if below 50. Each set of tools, basic or golden, could be used 5 times before it broke.
In order to participate in obtaining the sword, players could interact with the skill patch and perform the skills required.
- 22 October - Mining and Farming
- 23 October - Woodcutting and Herblore
- 24 October - Prayer and Construction
- 25 October - Runecrafting and Divination
- 26 October - Strength and Thieving
Depending on what skill is needed for each day, the skill patch changed in appearance.
The examine text also changed:
- Day 1 - It looks like the top of a chest has been uncovered in the ground. Work together to get it out!
- Day 2 - A tree has burst from the ground and the chest is on top! Work together to knock it down!
- Day 3 - After the tree fell, the chest has become embedded in the ground once more. Work together to build a podium and set it right!
- Day 4 - Your disturbances have triggered some magical defences. Work together to disarm them!
- Day 5 - The treasure chest is ready to open, but you don't have a key. Work together to break it open!
- Subsequent days: - The treasure chest is ready to open. Are you ready to find out what secrets lay inside?
- Opened: - The treasure chest is now empty.
Working on the activity each day allowed players to receive experience in the required skill, scaling to level, and increased the player's personal and community contribution towards the activity. At every increment of 10% progress, a new reward became available to unlock, however both personal and community contribution needed to be above this value for players to obtain the reward. Once players had 100% personal contribution, they would automatically obtain a Large mystery box regardless of the current community contribution. The other rewards could be claimed by using the "rewards" interaction on Darla.
It was not necessary to buy more tools using loyalty points in order to reach full personal contribution. If a player spent every day of the activity using their daily tools, they would have reached 100%. For every 100 tools, 20% personal contribution was gained. The sword itself could only be obtained upon the end of the event.
- 10% - Lost sword of King Raddallin (requires level 65 Attack)
- 20% - Small mystery box (Invasion of Falador)
- 30% - Lost sword of King Raddallin is upgraded to level 70
- 40% - Small mystery box (Invasion of Falador)
- 50% - Lost sword of King Raddallin unlocked as 2h and 1h cosmetic overrides
- 60% - Medium mystery box (Invasion of Falador)
- 70% - Lost sword of King Raddallin gains a unique stance when equipped
- 80% - Medium mystery box (Invasion of Falador)
- 90% - Lost sword of King Raddallin upgrades to level 75
- 100% - Large mystery box (Invasion of Falador)
- Upon opening the chest - Letter from King Raddallin
- Upon giving the Letter to Darla - Large prismatic lamp
5 Commendations could be earned per tool consumed (each tool breaking after 5 uses), as was shown in chat by a message: You find 5 commendations trying to recover the treasure chest. If a player had already reached the commendation cap for the day, these wouldn't have been received.
- Unlike various other events and activities, Ironman accounts could participate in this activity, however they could not receive most of the rewards. They could only receive the cosmetic overrides and Commendations, not the various mystery boxes or the Lost sword of King Raddallin item.
|Cryptic Clue Fest||