|Release date||22 January 2007 (Update)|
The Lair of Tarn Razorlor is a miniquest where the player's objective is to kill Tarn Razorlor and retrieve his diary. Using his diary on a salve amulet will enchant it, increasing its bonuses from 15% to 20% more damage against the undead.
|Start point||Speak to the Zealot at the mines in Morytania|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||Tarn Razorlor (level 79)|
Getting to Tarn RazorlorEdit
The ring of slaying can teleport you directly to Tarn's lair, if you've unlocked it.
The entrance to Tarn's Lair is at the northern end of the ground level of the Abandoned Mine.
- Drakan's medallion will teleport players to Burgh de Rott, where a shortcut over a fence to the west leads to the mine.
- Taking the shortcut under the Hair of the Dog tavern in Canifis and travelling on the Swamp Boat brings players close to Mort'ton.
For a guide to the correct path through the dungeon, see Tarn's Lair#Route.
Fighting Tarn RazorlorEdit
Upon entering the room with Tarn, a cutscene of Tarn transforming into a green mutant with lashing tentacles and unleashing two level 65 terror dogs plays. After this cutscene, the fight will begin. Animated steel armour will also attack if moved near them.
Tarn can attack with both melee and magic, but attacks solely with melee if approached. Since the terror dogs can only use melee, Protect from Melee or Deflect Melee is strongly recommended, but Prayer is drained constantly, so bring Prayer potions. Tarn is weak to Air spells in his first form.
After his first form is defeated, he will turn into a ghost, and is now weak to thrown weapons. Tarn Razorlor is the only monster required to be killed, so ignoring the minions and turning off Auto Retaliate is recommended.
- 5,000 experience
- Tarn's diary
- Salve amulet (e), which gives 20% accuracy and damage bonuses across all combat styles against the undead
- Tell-Tale Tarn ( 15) - Find out about Tarn Razorlor's secrets.
- If players had bought or learned to make a ring of slaying, they used to be able to teleport into Tarn's Lair and fight him directly without having to go through the whole dungeon. As part of the 15 September 2010 update this ability was temporarily removed, forcing players to journey through the entire dungeon. It was reinstated in a later update prior to 8 December 2010, before finally being removed again on 28 November 2011. As of 8 January 2017 you can teleport directly to Tarn after completion of Haunted Mine.
|Related to the Myreque quest series|