The Hook is a region within the Wushanko Isles accessible by the Player owned ports minigame, found east of The Arc and south east of The Skull. It is the third region opened up by the player advancing through the minigame. The Hook is less settled than The Skull. Apart from deposits of black slate, which is quarried by a dispersed population of mining colonies, it is otherwise mostly barren and a fine place for those seeking solitude for whatever reason.
- Bay of Playful Sirens - Honazo, a crabbing town, stands in a wide and peaceful bay here. According to a mission, there is a flying fortress around this area.
- The Forgotton Chimera Straits - The Chimera Isles are here. Since the straits are used by smugglers, a number of inns and smuggling dens can be found on the isles.
- The Earthquake Straits - The sea between these two islands is an unfathomable depth, a rift of stone from which earthquakes are born.
- The Fistmarks of Genma - The scientific and superstitious disagree on what came to form the knuckle-shaped depressions indenting the entire surface of this island. The Fist of Fury is found on the Fistmarks of Genma. The Gulf of Fury is north of the Fistmarks of Genma.
- Rapa Causeway - Vast columns of black stone erupt from the ground across the length of this island; one can walk from coast to coast without ever touching the soil. According to several missions, there is a slaving compound in this area, and is full of slavers and bounty hunters. The Onyx Obelisk is found north of the Rapa Causeway.
- Rei Ti - A mining colony originally built to dig for black slate; it has become highly prosperous since discovering large quantities of high-quality gems. According to several missions, a corrupt Judge of the Dice and a khan and his advisor lives here.
- Teardrop Islands - Named not for their shape or anything that goes on there, but for the proliferation of waterfalls that fill the air with mist and spray.
Voyages which do not mention specific islands can be collected here.
- In Break it Up, Boys, the player may intercede in a fight between pirates from the Blazing Lantern clan and the Storm Riders clan.
- In Scupper a Plot, the player receives a very important letter concerning a plan to manipulate the price of Black Slate, and must deliver it to the head of the Ken Ji Mining Guild.
- Most of the islands in this region share their shapes and sizes with a major island of the real-life Hawai'ian Islands. Rapa Causeway is shaped like O'ahu, Bay of Playful Sirens like Maui, The Fistmarks of Genma like Kaua'i, the island east of The Fistmarks of Genma like Ni'ihau, the northeast Earthquake Straits island like Moloka'i, the northwest Earthquake Straits island like Lana'i, and the northwest Teardrop island like Kaho'olawe.
- The island Rei Ti is a reference to Rarity, a unicorn character from the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic series.
|The Arc||Aminishi • Cyclosis • Goshima • The Islands That Once Were Turtles • Tuai Leit • Waiko • Whale's Maw|
|The Skull||Ai Jei • Echo Bay • Hanto • Siren's Shell • The Sunlit Veil • Thalassia • Hyu-Ji • Seeker Synapse|
|The Hook||Bay of Playful Sirens • Chimera Straits • The Earthquake Straits • The Fistmarks of Genma • Rapa Causeway • Rei Ti • Teardrop Islands|
|The Scythe||Aloft Dagger • Haranu • The Islands that Reflect the Moon • Jade Straits • Ren Bo • Winds' Home • The Island of Clear Eyes|
|The Bowl||Crescent Isle • Falling Blossom • Glittercaves • Isle of Juniper • Kei Pi • Tattanogi • Tokoko • Shattered Beams|
|The Pincers||Ashihama • Flou Tar-Shei • Khanoka • New Heritage • Shambling Lair • The Hole in the World • Yamada Island • The Pearl Fortress • Paradise|
|The Loop||Dhar Pei's Vantage • Straits of the Oyster Pearl • The Reef that Lies to Mapmakers • Light Under Sea|
|The Shield||Tengu Archipelago • Isle of Adamant • The Lair of Tavi and Vynal • The Island that is Blamed for Nothing • Bladewing Crag • Exile's Point|