|Start point:||Speak to the ghost of General Khazard east of Rellekka.|
|Items required:||Items from the toolbelt do not need to be listed unless that version won't work, or aren't automatically added to it. |
|Enemies to defeat:||Ghost of Bouncer (level 130)|
The Return of KhazardEdit
Locate the ghost of General Khazard, found north of the Agility log north-west of the Sinclair Mansion. You have to find him as he cannot be seen on the minimap, and he wanders around a lot. His wander range seems to be within a triangle formed by the Rellekka house portal, the Agility shortcut to Sinclair Mansion and the Swaying tree. You must be wearing all the ghostly robe pieces to start the miniquest and the ring of visibility to see him at all. He will not recognise you as the adventurer that killed him earlier, but he also will not trust you to set you on a task. To gain General Khazard's trust, go to the Seers' Village and talk to Sin Seer. She can be found upstairs in the house with the Spinning wheel. Bribe her with 40 coins, and she will give you a note as exchange for your troubles. Return to General Khazard, and talk to him again. He will want you to visit four of his scouts around the world to check up on the status.
The ghost scoutsEdit
You will now need to find the four scouts. One is in Tai Bwo Wannai, another is outside Falador, the third one is in the Kharidian Desert and the last one is outside the Gnome Stronghold. Make sure you wear the Ring of visibility to see them, the Ghostspeak Amulet to talk to them, and the Ghostly robes for them to recognise you as a messenger for General Khazard. It should be noted that the Scouts will not appear as yellow dots on your minimap, so pay careful attention to your screen to avoid passing them.
The Karamjan scout is near the Tai Bwo Wannai village. Go to the special tree grove with mahogany and teak trees, and search just a bit to the south-east of there. Speak to him, he will tell you that the villagers recently left because of some curse caused by their gods, but they came back.
The Gnomish scout is to the south of the Tree Gnome Stronghold. He could be right by the entrance, but he may be anywhere from near the orchard, circling around the Apple orchard, and up to where the Hobgoblins are camped. He will comment on Hazeel, The Plague, and Glough.
The Faladian scout is a little east of Falador, between the Falador east wall and the Draynor Manor west fence. He will also not have anything useful to say, only that Count Draynor has been despatched by an adventurer, but he will have to go inside to confirm this.The Kharidian scout is a little south of the Shantay Pass. Go through the pass, and search the area around the rock formation just to the south of the pass. (Note: You may want to bring waterskins to survive the desert heat. Wearing an Enchanted water tiara is only useful to find the scout since you must be wearing the entire Ghostly Robes set in order to successfully communicate with the scout.) He will inform you that he followed someone called Lazim, and that Khazard may have two more players at the Ritual. He also comments on the prisoner of Jaldraocht having been freed, and that General Khazard used to live in the desert, although not by choice.
When you are talking to the last of the four scouts, be sure not to end the conversation until you receive the message that you are to relay back to General Khazard. The message is "We of the Blood are still loyal. Pavlov is the messenger."
Note: During the fight, you cannot use prayers of any sort, so be sure to bring some food. Return to General Khazard again, who will be grateful, still not recognise you and give you a severed leg. He will redirect you to your reward, which is in a cave north of Ardougne.
Make your way to the Goblin Cave, right by the Fishing Guild. The cave is known from the Dwarf Cannon, One Small Favour, and Land of the Goblins quests along with Goblin High Priest Miniquest. Enter the cave, and head north. Take the first passage to the east, and you will arrive at a larger cavern. Do whatever you need to prepare, and enter the "crack" in the south wall of the cavern. Once inside, you will see a very short cutscene showing Bouncer and the player will complain on how Khazard DID recognise him and it all was a trap, then the fight will begin.
Now, you need to defeat the level 130 ghost of Bouncer. Use your preferred method to kill it. If you are around a combat level of 100, supplies will most likely be unnecessary. The ghost of Bouncer can hit up to 200, but usually hits 120-180s, so make sure your life points do not drop too low. Keep hitting the ghost until its health drops to 100 life points. Then, you will automatically throw the leg to distract the ghost. Once it is distracted, you will say "Away, darn spot!" and deliver a final blow, killing it. It might seem dangerous, but it is easier than its combat level suggests. If you are well armoured and have a good stabbing weapon, it is possible to defeat him without any food or potions, even if you have a relatively low combat level. You may also hide in the corner, where the ghost cannot hit you, and use the poison hide trick similar to the one in knight training grounds.
You will receive some Slayer experience and a new sword.
Congratulations!! Miniquest complete!!
- The Shadow sword. This can be reclaimed from the ghost that will appear after Bouncer's defeat for free.
- 2,000 Slayer experience
Speaking to the General again after completing the miniquest will result in further dialogue. You will tell General Khazard, "Your dog attacked me. AGAIN!" General Khazard simply replies, "He was angry that you killed him. Quite natural really. Now get out of here you filthy skinbag. I will not waste my time on you."
- When Khazard hands you the severed leg, your player says: "Ugh, well, at least it's not another hand." Then the General replies: "What, have you dealt with severed limbs before?" and the player replies: "It's a long story." This is a reference to the Hand in the Sand quest.
- Shadow Sword was released without the usual Update announcement (also called "hidden updates"). It was mentioned in the behind the scenes; the 2 seers paragraphs between the Osman and second quest references.
- The final ghost you inform gives you a message to give to Khazard and adds on the statement: "The messenger is Pavlov," probably referring to Pavlov's dogs and Khazard's dog Bouncer.
- When throwing the severed leg in the final battle, you automatically say "Away, darn spot!" Besides being a play on the famous dog name "Spot", this is a reference to the classic line from Shakespeare's play Macbeth wherein Lady Macbeth utters the phrase "Out, damned spot!" when she is sleepwalking, and feeling guilty for helping to murder the Scottish king. However, she is referring to an imaginary stain of blood, not cursing a dog.
- The desert scout wears a Lunar helm and also Karil's leather skirt.
- If the player has completed the Vampyre Slayer quest then the Falador Scout will talk about an adventurer killing Count Draynor and how he will have to verify whether this is true or not.
- The scouts are not human, as they repeatedly disaparage humans during their conversations with the player. Their actual race is unknown.
- The scouts (as well as the message that Khazard has the player convey to them) make references to the quest Ritual of the Mahjarrat.
- If you have completed the Hard Morytania tasks , and can talk to ghosts without the Ghostspeak Amulet, your player will still ask the Karamja Scout why humans need a ghostspeak amulet to talk with ghosts.
|Mysteries of the Mahjarrat|
|Rise of Lucien|
|Rise of Zaros|