|Start point||Sir Owen at the Edgeville Monastery|
|Member requirement||Free to play|
|Requirements||The below skill requirements are not boostable unless stated otherwise.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat|
- Speak to Sir Owen in the garden north of the Edgeville Monastery.
- Talk to Sir Owen after the cutscene.
- Pick up the armour just south-west of you, equip it, and return to Saradomin.
- Agree to getting teleported.
Infiltrating the FortressEdit
There are multiple possibilities, choice-wise, to get through this. The list below is just a recommended choice order.
- Fortress guard: "He is my prisoner." > "No, I have something... special planned for him."
- Head north, to Lieutenant York: "Are you suggesting I cannot handle a mere knight of Saradomin?"
- Head north-west, to the fortress guard: "What do you want, maggot?">"This prisoner is to be sacrificed."
- On to the ground floor, to the south, to Hierophant Marius: "Yes.">"I shall return after I deal with this Temple Knight."
- Head south-east of the room, to the fortress guard: "I am bringing him to the tallest tower.">"We need him to recover the weapon of power, as you know."
- Go upstairs, head north to Lieutenant Graves:"Stand aside. I will handle this.">"The prisoner stays with me."
- Search the Lieutenant's body, and choose whether you want to kill him or not. It doesn't matter.
- Head north. Search Dulcin's desk in the north-eastern area to find Captain Dulcin's journal.
- Head up the stairs to the ritual chamber.
- Search the wardrobe for a Letter from Lord Daquarius.
- Search the box of candles for three red candles.
- Search the shelf for chalk.
- Pick up the Grimoire and read it.
- Use a candle on each stand, and fix the symbol on the floor.
- Light the candles.
- Talk to Sir Owen.
- Chant over the north-west candle. The correct order is Arom Nahrea Imperium.
- Chant over the north-east candle. The correct order is Feritas Silenti Sepulchrum.
- Chant over the south-east candle. The correct order is Igasac Perdimit Ebulam.
- Note: The above incantations must be said in the order as they are written.
- Enter the portal.
- You must remove the suit of armour that was equipped at the beginning of the quest.
The Saradominist CryptEdit
- Beat the three Black Knights.
- Search their bodies.
- Unlock the hanging cage, freeing the Damsel.
- Talk to Dawn and learn all she knows.
- Search the supply crate.
- Take the handwritten message.
- Enter the doorway to the east.
- Open the portcullis to the south.
- Search the Black Knight's bodies.
- Talk to Fern and defeat her.
- Dodge her charge ability
The Wand of ResurrectionEdit
- Head south, to the Wand of Resurrection.
- Puzzle time! You'll have to solve a matching puzzle to lower the barrier.
- Offer your own blood or Owen's to remove the last barrier.
Fighting for the WandEdit
- Head north. Talk to Dawn.
- Defeat the Black Knights and Sir Owen.
- Go north and open the portcullis.
- Take care of Dawn. Refer to the full guide if you're having trouble.
Saradomin and the WandEdit
- Search Dawn's body.
- Head south, then talk to Saradomin.
- When Saradomin asks if the player wants to be teleported back to Edgeville, it is recommended to stay in the tombs, to claim the extra post-quest rewards which require level 80 Strength.
- Quest complete!
- 3 quest points (only if you had not completed Black Knights' Fortress before its removal)
- 250 experience
- 250 experience
- 2,500 coins
- 500 experience lamp (useable on one of: Attack, Strength, Defence, Constitution, Magic or Ranged)
- 250 experience lamp
- 4 Knightly titles (you are suggested one based on choices made during the quest, but you can pick any one at any time through the title interface)
- Sir Owen Sonde's shield with an emote that may be performed while the shield is equipped
- Skull of Remembrance that gives the ability to replay this quest's cinematic cutscenes (in a few locations only), teleport to the Black Knight ritual chamber, and to re-battle Dawn when used on her body
- Set of Black Knight captain's armour. Defeat Dawn a second time after the quest to get a cosmetic override of this armour as well.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Additional rewards/activities
Unlocking and claiming all these additional rewards is a requirement for the master quest cape.
- Ability to make Dulcin's armour a cosmetic override by defeating Dawn in battle after the quest. This can be done by using the Skull of Remembrance on Dawn's dead body.
- Searching the supply crate by Black Knights' tents next to the portal will yield 200 water runes and 100 fire runes if you did not take them during the quest.
- Ability to replant the cabbages in the Edgeville Monastery cabbage patch with 12 cabbage seeds and 7 , awarding 250 experience. Use the seeds on the smoking patch.
Members can find these rewards in the coffins in the Tomb of the Fallen, which can be returned to via the portal in the Black Knights' Fortress or by selecting teleport as an option on the Skull of Remembrance which is given to you in the quest.
- 3,500 experience ancient lamp (useable on one of: Attack, Strength, Defence, Constitution, Magic, Ranged, Prayer or Summoning). (requires 40 and 40 in the chosen combat skill, including prayer.)
- 60,000 experience ancient lamp (requires 80 and 65 (cannot be boosted))
- Gilded cabbage which summons Brassica Prime, who awards 10,000 bonus experience after being kicked 30 times. (requires 60 ). This bonus Prayer experience is awarded in the form of double experience while you train in the skill, not instantaneously as given by XP lamps.
- Templar outfit - a cosmetic override.
- Music unlocked
- Fighting and Praying
- Hidden Evils
- Fighting for Light Part I
- Fighting for Light Part II