- RuneScape uses the British convention for floor numbering: Ground floor, first floor, second floor, etc.
|Start point||Talk to the Mysterious ghost (Valdez) near Glarial's tombstone.|
|Items required||Items from the toolbelt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added. |
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Warning: This miniquest will take people into dangerous parts of the Wilderness. Beware of player killers and that you can not teleport after level 26 wilderness.
- All of the Mysterious ghosts appear at all three of their possible locations
but only one of the three will give you their piece of the set.
- Make sure you are wearing your ring of visibility and your ghostspeak amulet.
- Go to Glarial's tombstone northwest of The Fishing Guild. The ghost will not appear as a dot on the minimap.
- When you speak to him he will introduce himself and relate his part of the story. He will then give you a Ghostly robe top.
- He requests you to find another ghost named Rennard.
- This ghost will give you one of three clues which determine your entire route, which we will label Sequence 1, Sequence 2 and Sequence 3
- Sequence 1 - He mentions pirates and a shipwreck.
- Sequence 2 - He mentions the thief being NORTHEAST of there.
- Sequence 3 - He mentions the thief being SOUTHEAST of there.
Now there are three possible sequences of ghosts you need to visit:
|Number||Ghost||Sequence 1||Sequence 2||Sequence 3||Item given in thanks|
|1||Rennard||Near the shipwrecked ship near the Pirates' Hideout||Bandit Camp (Wilderness)||Bandit Camp (Kharidian Desert)||Ghostly gloves|
|2||Kharrim||Chaos Temple (hut) altar in Level 51 wilderness (west)||Graveyard of Shadows||End of the Lava maze inside the second fenced in area||Ghostly boots|
|3||Lennissa||Church on Entrana||Port Sarim docks near the Void Squire||Gnomeball field||Ghostly robe (bottom)|
|4||Dhalak||Wizards tower||Upstairs in Edgeville Monastery by the altar||Upstairs in the Falador Party room||Ghostly hood|
|5||Viggora||Upstairs in the Rogues' castle in level 68-71 wilderness||Upstairs in Slayer tower in Canifis (SE)||Edgeville dungeon near Earth Warriors||Ghostly cloak|
- He will tell you where to find Rennard. The location of all the subsequent ghosts is randomised but is hinted by the previous ghost. Rennard will be in one of the following places. If you go to the wrong location, a ghost will be there but you will have a meaningless conversation with it.
When you find him he will just be called 'Mysterious Ghost' again (as with the rest of the ghosts). He will give you a pair of Ghostly gloves.
It is recommended that you use the Drop Trick for extra gloves, because getting deep into the wilderness takes time.
- He wants you to find Kharrim now.
Kharrim will be in one of these locations:
- Inside Chaos Temple (hut) Altar in (far west side of) level 51 Wilderness, North of The Forgotten Cemetery.
- Graveyard of Shadows (Wilderness, Carrallangar); if you get this location, the zombies and ghosts will be aggressive and will interrupt your conversation. It may take a while to get your conversation finished.
- End of the Lava Maze (Wilderness) you will need a knife or other sharp object to cut through web.
Special note: If you go to a different location than the one Rennard tells you, you will NOT get the boots and instead you will have a normal conversation and nothing to do with the story. Head to this location and talk to Kharrim. He will give you some Ghostly boots and ask you to find Lennissa.
From him you learn that Zamorak was a mortal Mahjarrat, and that what he did with the Staff of Armadyl caused the "other gods" to banish him, although Saradomin must have had foreknowledge of the mysterious event.
Lennissa may be in:
- Entrana church
- Port Sarim at the Lady Lumbridge (Hard to see against the dock)
- Gnomeball field, near the southern viewing platform.
Once at one of these places, look for Lennissa and speak to her. She will give you the Ghostly robe bottom and ask you to find Dhalak.
Dhalak may be in:
- Wizard's Tower ground floor, the room with bookcases
- First floor of the Edgeville Monastery (Level 31 Prayer required)
- Falador Party Room, first floor (Lennissa will say that he needed to lift his spirits up)
Once found, talk to Dhalak. He should give you the Ghostly hood and tell you to find the last ghost, Viggora.
Viggora will be found at one of these locations:
- Rogue's Castle in the Wilderness, first floor in the small easternmost room with a bronze square shield spawn (beware of the Chaos Elemental and pkers).
- Canifis Slayer Tower (At the south-east part on the 1st floor[ floor, near the entrance of Aberrant spectres) ]
- Paddewwa - Edgeville dungeon (near Earth warriors)
- The earth warriors can be extremely annoying, seeing as there aren't many places to trap them, but with some luck, you CAN trap the Earth warriors behind the ghost, with you on the other side, you must talk to Viggora as soon as this happens and click through the first dialogue window to make this effect permanent for the whole chat. If you are unable to successfully trap the earth warriors, you will need to wait about 10 minutes until they become tolerant and no longer attack you, thus you will need bring armour and food that you will be willing to lose. It is not possible to speed through the chat until you are safe from attacks, as the final dialogue is extremely long.
- Beware of Pk'ers. Because of the agility obstacle, you will not have a chance to escape. Hop worlds before you cross to the other side.
Listen to what he has to say and then he will give you the final robe piece, the Ghostly cloak.
Note: If Dhalak has given you a clue involving a castle in the "dark lands," the correct location is the Canifis Slayer Tower.
- If the player has level 99 magic when Dhalak the Magician asks them if they are 'mighty magician', they will say they are and brag about their achievement to him. This is unique to 99 magic, and without this level, players will respond with "Um, not really...".
- If you speak to any of the ghosts without a Ghostspeak amulet, your character may say "all your base are belong to us", as well as some other quotes. These are references to famous translation errors in the game Zero Wing.
- When speaking to Rennard, your player says "I ain't scared of no ghost," a reference to "I ain't afraid of no ghost" from the Ghostbusters theme song.
- Viggora refers to Zamorak as becoming "more real" and "more solid" after being impaled by the staff himself. This may be a referance to Death in the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett, who is often described as being "more real than his surroundings"
The Curse of Zaros
|Mysteries of the Mahjarrat|
|Rise of Lucien|
|Return of Zaros|
|Related Lores and Histories|