|Release||26 January 2015 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Examine||A razor-sharp shortsword designed by the Gu masters of Wushanko.|
A tetsu wakizashi is an untradeable level 85 Attack off-hand melee weapon made in the Player-owned ports minigame. It is the off-hand counterpart to the tetsu katana. It can be made in a port workshop using 50 plate, 25 pearls and 1 tengu tsuba, requiring 92 Smithing (non-boostable) and all four parts of the "tetsu swords" eastern scroll. Making one grants 15,000 Smithing and 2,500 Crafting experience.
The tetsu wakizashi will degrade after 60,000 charges of combat (but loses 2 charges per hit, so has a minimum duration of 5 hours of combat). It can be fixed by Repair NPCs such as Bob in Lumbridge, or at an armour stand in a Player-owned house. If lost in the Wilderness, it will be converted to 1,250,000 coins.
A full repair costs:
- 1,250,000 coins at a repair NPC
- 625,000 coins at an armour stand (at 99 Smithing with a Smithing cape)
- 1.05 tengu tsuba (95% each)
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The base repair cost of the Tetsu wakizashi is 1,250,000 coins. It can be repaired by:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105 param = cost|cost|1250000|hidden|
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
|15,000 XP||2,500 XP||-|
|Unlock the Tetsu swords scroll in your Player Owned Ports|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||1.0%|
|3 × Resilient components||100%|
- 'Wakizashi' (脇差) means 'short sword' in Japanese.
- The primary usage of wakizashi in the real world is slashing, not stabbing.
Off-hand stab weapons
|Dyed off-hand drygore rapiers||