- Not to be confused with Spirit terrorbird.
|Release date||12 December 2002 (Update)|
|XP per kill||110 (and 36.3 experience)|
Terrorbirds (Aves Terror) are animals used by the gnomes as mounts. Despite their fearsome appearance, they are not aggressive at all. They are involved in the Rag and Bone Man quest. Terrorbirds count for the bird Slayer task.
- Tree Gnome Stronghold (easy to find in the Terrorbird pen in south-west corner).
- Extreme south-west corner of the Tree Gnome Village maze.
- Arposandra (Inaccessible)
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 83 Gianne dough 1 Common 40 Terrorbird wing 1 Common Not sold Law talisman 1 Uncommon 207 Lemon 1 Rare 97 Lime 1 Rare 55 Cornucopia 1 Very rare Not sold
- The terrorbird is widely based on prehistoric birds, many species of which roamed the earth millions of years ago. The most notable of these were Gastornis (living roughly 60-35 mya, found across Europe and North America) and the Phorusracidae, a group of large predatory birds that lived from about 60-2 mya, and lived most recently in North and South America. Gastornis was not a Phorusracidae. The gastornis reached an adult height of 5.5 to 6.5 feet (1.75–2 m), and the Phorusracidae were anywhere from 3 to 10 feet tall, (1–3 m). The phorusracidaes are also widely nicknamed "Terror birds."
- There is a glitch where you can close the gate on a terrorbird and it cannot move and it is still attackable. This glitch has yet to be fixed
- The natural historian mentions terrorbirds having clawed fingers on their wings, this is an identical trait to the prehistoric bird Titanis, which suprisingly was in the Phorusracidae family.