- This article is about the location. For the quest, see Mourning's Ends Part II.
For the music track, see Temple of Light (music track).
|Kingdom||Between Tirannwn and Kandarin|
|Main Music||Temple of Light|
|Strongest Monster||Dark Beast|
|Quests||Mourning's Ends Part II, Within the Light|
Click the map to view a larger version.
The Temple of Light is a dungeon that is used mainly during the Mourning's Ends Part II quest, and for those who craft death runes without using the Abyss. The Mourners will do anything to get their hands on this place, possibly so they can destroy it and/or get a large supply of Death Runes for their evil purposes, or to gain access to something unknown around the underground pass and the temple.
It is eventually revealed that the Dark Elves are attempting to gain access to the Temple so they could use it, as an ancient elven power source, to speed the return of their 'Dark Lord'. Swarming with level 136 shadows that can easily hit 130's, it is discovered during Mourning's Ends Part II. The temple is a complex maze, with the manipulation of light being necessary to proceed. Backing to the walls in the Temple of Light dungeon was added on 17 November.
Players may also find Dark Beasts east of the entrance, which are often killed (requires 90 slayer) for the dark bow that they drop. The temple can be found under West Ardougne at the mourner's HQ. Located in these tunnels is also a single runite rock at the Mourner Tunnels mine.
After 20 October 2009, after completion of Within the Light, Eluned gained the ability to enchant a teleport crystal to teleport to the Temple of Light as well as Lletya. This is the quickest way of getting to the Temple of Light, and none of the mourner gear is required.
For players who haven't completed "Within the Light", mourner gear is required to enter through the front door in West Ardougne since it is in the basement of Mourner's HQ. If the player has completed Mourning's Ends Part II, the Crystal trinket is also needed or else the player will be stopped with the message, "A strange force blocks your path". The New key is required to enter the dungeon from the basement; it can be found on the Head Mourner's desk in the basement.
Alternatives without Mourner gear would be to go through:
- The long Underground Pass from West Ardougne.
- Arandar, south-west of Tree Gnome Stronghold to the west entrance of Underground Pass.
- Lletya, using an Elf teleport crystal, then north to west entrance of Underground Pass.
Players then proceed to the dwarf camp at the southern wall, and use the tunnel to the Death altar. Alternatively, if you have finished Within the Light, you can teleport to the temple using a crystal seed. The player could also enter the Abyss, go to the death rift, and then use the portal to teleport next to the altar.
- When the elves discovered the death altar in the heart of the mountains, they decided to build a temple around it to protect its deadly energy. With the help from the safeguard system there was no one to enter the temple without the right preparations. And the inside of the temple is filled with shadows and a gigantic puzzle system, all of which are to prevent the energy from the death altar to fall into the wrong hands.
- In the present day, the elven death guard is looking for the energy from the altar of death. Once, they got permission from King Lathas to look after West Ardougne while King Tyras went on an expedition to the elven lands, they poisoned the citizens of West Ardougne and brought them to their headquarters for 'investigation'. However, they are actually forcing the citizens to dig through the mountains in order to reach the Temple of Light.
- It is revealed during Within the Light that the Temple of Light could be an entrance to Prifddinas, as the notes from the Elven Messenger of the Great Library says.
- Currently the Shadows in the Temple of light haven't been updated to match the Evolution of Combat. They only have 100 lifepoints and hit very low.
- Ozan is pictured jumping a long jump at the Temple of Light on the the loading screen.
- "La Mort" - in the Death altar
- "Temple of Light" - when you are within the temple