These telescopes are useful for tracking Shooting Stars. The approximate area and time of the next landing will be provided. Upgraded telescopes provide a more accurate time. (Note: Stars fall every two hours.)
- Wooden telescope - 24 minute window - Requires 44 construction.
- Teak telescope - 9 minute window - Requires 64 construction.
- Mahogany telescope - 2 minute window - Requires 84 construction.
Note: If the telescope is blocked by another room in the house, it will not work and your character will say, "What's this? A close up of a wall." If only a roof is blocking its view, no problems will arise.
When a shooting star lands, clicking on a telescope gives one of the following messages:
- Hmmm... Are the stars really small, or are they just very far away? A reference to Father Ted.
- It's overcast; I can't see anything.
- My goodness... It's full of stars! A reference to 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Oh no! A giant space spider is eating the moon! Oh, it was just a spider crawling across the lens. (Possibly referring to Tintin series book The Shooting Star)
- One of those stars has... Little stars moving around it. Interesting...