Teleportation is the instant travel, usually magical, from any location to a specific location elsewhere.
Ways to teleport
Teleportation may be performed by any of the following:
- Casting teleportation spells.
- Walking through portals.
- Targeted by Tele-other and Group Teleportation spells.
- Speaking to various NPCs, who sometimes teleport the player using a teleport phrase.
- Rubbing Enchanted jewellery.
- Using the Skull of remembrance.
- Using the Skull sceptre.
- Using the Pharaoh's sceptre or Sceptre of the gods.
- Using the Spirit tree network.
- Using the Fairy ring network.
- Using the Gnome Glider network.
- Invoking certain items, such as:
- Emptying the Ectophial.
- Playing the Enchanted lyre.
- Breaking Magic tablets.
- Reading Teleport scrolls.
- Activating various task set reward items like the Wilderness sword
- Rubbing the Enchanted key.
- Using the Crystal teleport seed.
- Flying with a Broomstick.
- Breaking a Teleport sphere.
- Operating the Ring of kinship.
- Using a Juju teleport spiritbag.
- Launching or Squashing a Grand seed pod.
- Operating a Clan vexillum.
- Activating the Tirannwn quiver 1 and up.
- Using summoning familiars teleport options.
- Activating the various Teleportation obelisks in the Wilderness.
- Being targeted by random events. (involuntary teleportation, now discontinued)
- Completing various quests.
- Going into the shed in Lumbridge Swamp with a Dramen staff wielded.
- Use of the Lodestone Network.
|Home Teleport (Lodestone Teleport)||Originally could only be cast once every 30 minutes, now can be cast anytime after an update on 28 March 2011.|
|Mobilising Armies Teleport||Note: You can also access here using the tree network.|
|Varrock Teleport||Ability to set location to Grand Exchange after completion of the Varrock achievements.|
|Teleport to House|
|Camelot Teleport||Ability to set location to Seers' Village after completion of the Seers' Village Hard Tasks|
|Ardougne Teleport||Requirement: Plague City|
|Watchtower Teleport||Requirement: Watchtower. Ability to set location to Yanille after completion of the Ardougne Hard Tasks.|
|Trollheim Teleport||Requirement: Troll Stronghold, Eadgar's Ruse|
|God Wars Dungeon Teleport||Requirement: The Mighty Fall, Eadgar's Ruse|
|Teleport to Ape Atoll||Requirement: Recipe for Disaster - Freeing King Awowogei|
|Mazcab Teleport||Requirement: Unlocked by reading the Mazcab teleport codex|
To teleport other players, they must have Accept Aid on and agree to be teleported
Players must have completed Desert Treasure to use these spells.
|Edgeville Home Teleport||(Lodestone Network)|
|Paddewwa Teleport||(Edgeville Dungeon)|
|Lassar Teleport||(Ice Mountain)|
|Dareeyak Teleport||(Ruins, level 26 Wilderness)|
|Carrallanger Teleport||(Graveyard of Shadows, level 18 Wilderness)|
|Annakarl Teleport||(Demonic Ruins, level 45 Wilderness)|
|Ghorrock Teleport||(Ice Plateau, level 54 Wilderness)|
Player must have completed Lunar Diplomacy to use these spells.
|Tele-group Fishing Guild|
|Tele-group Ice Plateau|
This spellbook is only accessed whilst on a floor of Daemonheim.
|Dungeon Home Teleport||Teleports to the dungeoneering trader.|
|Gatestone Teleport||Teleports you to your gatestone after casting Create Gatestone and dropping it somewhere.|
|Group Gatestone Teleport||Teleports you to the Group gatestone wherever it is in the dungeon. A Group gatestone portal is also provided in the construction hotspot.|
All spell books have access to home teleport, which opens the Lodestone Network. This map shows all Unlocked and Locked lodestone points which are available to teleport to. When using Home Teleport if a player has a Teleport animation override the default teleport animation will be overridden and the equipped animation will play instead.
Animations of several different types of teleportation can be found at Teleportation/Animations.
Home Teleport Animation overrides can be found at Solomon's General Store/Animations § Spells
Enchanted jewellery & magical items
Almost every item of jewellery in RuneScape can be enchanted and some of them can be used to teleport. These items are listed below. To use teleportation jewellery all you have to do is unequip the item, and then right-click it and select 'rub', or right-click, while wielded, and click on the name of the place you want to go. All of these require membership to use.
For information on how to craft the following jewellery, please see the Crafting page.
The Pharaoh's sceptre is a rare and highly expensive item obtained during the Pyramid Plunder minigame based in Sophanem. The sceptre provides 3 charges (6 with the completion of hard Desert tasks) of teleports between 3 pyramids in the Kharidian Desert:
- Jalsavrah - the Pyramid Plunder minigame.
- Jaleustrophos - the Agility Pyramid, next to Simon Templeton.
- Jaldraocht - Azzanadra's pyramid in Desert Treasure, where the player can switch between Ancient Magicks and normal Magic spellbooks.
When the sceptre's charges are empty, players may recharge it using the Mummy in the Pyramid Plunder minigame. It is recommended that players use two charges, and teleport to Pyramid plunder to recharge if needed, saving time. In order to recharge, just "use" the sceptre on the Mummy. He will complain about the player owning it, but will go ahead and recharge it anyway. Players will need artefacts from the Pyramid Plunder minigame to recharge the staff - 24 pottery or ivory artefacts, 12 stone artefacts, 6 gold artefacts are needed or a single Jewelled golden statuette.
Sceptre of the Gods
Players with 91 Thieving and 75 Runecrafting can get an upgraded version of the Pharaoh's sceptre called Sceptre of the gods. It has 10 charges (20 with hard tasks) and also gives some bonuses in the minigame. To recharge it are required 1 Jewelled diamond statuette, 1 Jewelled golden statuette and 4 gold artefacts, 10 gold artefacts or 20 stone artefacts.
Skull sceptreSkull sceptre is obtained through defeating monsters in the Stronghold of Security and picking up the pieces of the sceptre. The Skull sceptre has unlimited teleports to the Barbarian Village. The sceptre does not work over level 20 Wilderness.
Players can only make and keep one skull sceptre at a time - a new Skull sceptre can only be made once the old Skull sceptre is either lost or destroyed. The Skull sceptre and all its parts cannot be traded. The pieces are:
|Left skull half (dropped by Ankous)|
|Top of sceptre (dropped by Catablepons)|
|Bottom of sceptre (dropped by Flesh Crawlers)|
|Right skull half (dropped by Minotaurs)|
- Using the skull pieces together forms a Strange skull.
- Using the top and bottom Skull sceptre pieces form a Runed sceptre.
- Using the Strange skull and Runed sceptre together form a Skull sceptre.
Oldak, a goblin scientist, has been experimenting with runes and has developed Moving-over-distance Sphere. The moving-over-distance sphere isn't a perfect piece of arcane technology, though, so it will teleport you to any one of several locations in Dorgesh-Kaan when you break it. If you want a sphere simply take two Law runes and some Molten glass to Oldak's laboratory in north-west Dorgesh-Kaan and you can exchange them for a teleportation sphere; different locations may be chosen if you've completed a corresponding quest.
|Dorgesh-kaan sphere, requires you to have completed the Death to the Dorgeshuun quest.|
|Goblin Village Sphere, requires you to have completed the Another Slice of H.A.M. quest.|
|Plain of Mud Sphere, requires you to have completed the Land of the Goblins quest.|
|Bandos throne room sphere, requires you to have completed the The Chosen Commander quest.|
Magic tablets are created from Soft clay using a lectern in a Player-owned house. A player brings the runes for the spell, a magic staff (optional) and the soft clay to the appropriate lectern. A lectern can be found in the Study in the house. By clicking on the lectern a screen will appear showing the magic tablets that can be constructed at that lectern. After selecting a spell, the clay changes into a stackable magic tablet and the magic tablet selection window disappears. Magic tablet building requires that the player has the appropriate magic level and brings the required runes for casting the spell.
Listed below are all the teleport tablets a player can make or buy:
The Runecrafting teleport tablets are untradeable teleportation spell tablets obtained at the Great Orb Project minigame by exchanging various amounts of tokens ranging from 15 to 45 with Wizard Elriss. In order to use any particular tablet, you must have the required Runecrafting level/quest completion first.
Runecrafting tablets add yet another transport system to RuneScape. Each single-use tablet teleports the user outside the respective rune altar's ruins, the Runecrafting Guild, or locations within the Runespan, and thus require a talisman, tiara, or runecrafting staff to use the altar. This makes it the quickest way to runecraft. Unlike regular teleport tablets, these cannot be made in your player-owned house. These tablets cannot be used over level 20 Wilderness.
There are currently 14 types of Runecrafting teleport tablets:
After the quest Love Story, players may use a chisel on player-owned house teleport tablets to make chipped version of the Tablets allowing them to make 10 different tablets (some of the tablets have additional requirements to be able to craft them). The different tablets can take the players to different locations:
After the quest Evil Dave's Big Day Out, players may use Dave's spellbook on various teleport tablets to create chipped versions that teleport players to slightly different locations than the original tablets.
|'Chipped' Varrock teleport||Varrock Museum|
|'Chipped' Lumbridge teleport||Lumbridge Crater, southern entrance|
|'Chipped' Falador teleport||Falador, southern gate|
|'Chipped' Camelot teleport||Catherby docks|
|'Chipped' Ardougne teleport||West Ardougne plaza|
|'Chipped' Watchtower teleport||Observatory, near the Observatory assistant|
These scrolls can only be received from doing Treasure Trails (any level) or trading with other players. They are popular due to taking you to inhospitable places — specifically:
- Bandit camp
- Grand Exchange
- Lumber yard
- Phoenix lair
- Tai Bwo Wannai
- Kharyrll (as it was known during and before the God wars, its modern name is Canifis)
Those who are using a spellbook that does not contain teleportation spells to the above areas might find Portal Chambers useful.
The Greater magic cage in the Throne room gives the player who controls it the ability to teleport those inside the cage to one of the seven above areas (only works if the person being teleported has accessed the area before). Trollheim used to be one of the possible locations but it was removed due to the dangers that lurk there.
Magic guild portals
On the second floor of the Magic Guild in Yanille (level 66 Magic required to enter), there are three portals that will teleport you to the following locations (note that these are one-way teleports):
- The east portal teleports you to the Wizards' Tower south of Draynor Village.
- The south portal teleports you to the Dark Wizards' Tower located north of the Crafting Guild.
- The west portal teleports you to Thormac the Sorcerer's Tower south-west of Seers' Village.
Into the Wilderness
- Ardougne to Wilderness:
There is a shack situated west of Ardougne Castle that contains a lever. Pulling this lever will teleport you to the Deserted Keep in level 56 Wilderness. You will need to bring a sharp object, such as a Knife, so that you can cut through the web to get out of the Deserted Keep. To return, there is a lever to pull to get back to Ardougne. Please be aware that many monsters may be waiting for you, not to mention the risk of running into player killers: do not forget you are in the Wilderness!
There is also a lever in the ruins very close to the Edgeville bank that can take you to the same area as the Ardougne lever.
The lever can also teleport you back to Ardougne, but is very tricky to operate (especially in combat).
|Broomstick||A broomstick is an item given by Maggie in Swept Away, the 2008 Hallowe'en event quest. She asks players to enchant it by bringing it to three witches: Hetty in Rimmington, Aggie in Draynor Village, and Betty in Port Sarim. If the broomstick is taken to the Sorceress's apprentice in Al Kharid, players may use the broomstick to teleport to the Sorceress's Garden by operating it. The broomstick does not require periodic recharging.|
|Drakan's medallion/Mysterious medallion||Drakan's medallion (known as mysterious medallion when you find it) is a reward from The Branches of Darkmeyer quest.
|Ectophial||The ectophial is a reward from the Ghosts Ahoy quest. By emptying it, you will be teleported to the Ectofuntus north of Port Phasmatys. The ectophial does not need to be recharged.This item can be used as a one-click teleport.|
|(Attuned) Crystal teleport seed||A crystal teleport seed is obtained during the Mourning's End Part I quest. It teleports you to the elven settlement Lletya, and can be recharged by Eluned for a fee. If lost, new crystals can be obtained as drops from Elf warriors. After Within the Light Eluned can help you enchant your crystal(s) to also take you to the Temple of Light. After the Plague's End quest, the crystal will offer extended teleports to each of the eight elven clan areas around Prifddinas.
|Enchanted key||The enchanted key is obtained during the Making History quest. After the quest is completed, the key can be used in Meeting History to teleport the player to the past. However, it can only be used north of East Ardougne and if the player is carrying no items other than the key. If lost or destroyed, another key may be obtained from Jorral at the beginning of the quest.|
|Enchanted lyre||An enchanted lyre is obtained during The Fremennik Trials quest. You're able to re-enchant the lyre by offering the Fossegrimen some kinds of fish. When you play the lyre you will be teleported to Rellekka. When you have used all the teleport charges on your lyre, you will have to re-enchant it. After Completion of the Fremennik Tasks, the lyre can be altered to teleport you to Neitiznot, Jatizso or Waterbirth Island.|
|Camulet/Cramulet||The camulet is obtained as a reward for the Enakhra's Lament quest. When rubbed, it will teleport you to Enakhra's Temple. The Camulet has 4 uses, and when it runs out you will need to use a bucket of Camel dung on it to recharge it. It can be made into different versions of the cramulet during and after the Do No Evil quest.|
|Bonesack(e)||The bonesack(e) is a reward from the Fur 'n' seek wishlist. It allows you to teleport back to the Skeletal horror once a week, when the Odd Old Man had reconstructed the skeleton. It is an upgrade to the Bonesack reward from Rag and Bone Man quest's follow-up wishlist. This item can be switched at any time for the Ram skull helm(e).|
|Ram skull helm(e)||The ram skull helm(e) is a reward from the Fur 'n' seek wishlist. It allows you to teleport back to the Skeletal horror once a week, when the Odd Old Man had reconstructed the skeleton. It is an upgrade to the Ram skull helm reward from Rag and Bone Man quest's follow-up wishlist. This item can be switched at any time for the Bonesack(e).|
|Jennica's ring||Jennica's ring is obtained during Spirit of Summer, and can be operated while worn in several locations around the Wilderness to access a Spirit Realm parallel to RuneScape. To recover the ring, search the rubble near the house where you are first transported to this strange realm. Completion of Summer's End gives you an improved version, which gives access to additional portals.|
|Strange teleorb||The strange teleorb is obtained during While Guthix Sleeps. Players can teleport themselves to Lucien's camp by operating it inside the room above Dark Squall's Room with a Law rune and a Death rune in the inventory. It is found inside Dark Squall's Room on the southernmost desk by searching it.|
|Directions||Directions are obtained during Rat Catchers. Players can read the scroll to teleport to Jimmy Dazzler's client's mansion. The Directions do not disappear on use, and can be used at anytime until completion of the quest. If lost, it may be obtained again by talking to Jimmy Dazzler at the Flying Horse Inn.|
|TokKul-Zo||The TokKul-Zo is obtained as a reward for The Elder Kiln quest. Players can use it to teleport to several places in TzHaar City. Teleporting does not take charges, but you need at least one charge to teleport.|
|Sixth-Age circuit||The Sixth-Age circuit is obtained as a reward for The World Wakes quest after completing all additional quests. It can be used to teleport to the Guthix's shrine an unlimited amount of times. After Fate of the Gods it can be used to teleport to the World Gate after talking to the Guthixian High Druid.|
|Invitation box||The invitation box is obtained during the Missing, Presumed Death quest. It can be used to teleport to the Empyrean Citadel an unlimited amount of times. But when used at the Empyrean Citadel it will teleport you to the Silvarea pass, where the quest started which is close to the Broken Home quest, the Odd Old Man's area and two beacons of the All Fired Up minigame.|
|Remora's necklace||Remora's necklace is a reward from the Song from the Depths quest. Once per day it will teleport you to the White Knights Encampment.|
|Pirate spell sheet||The pirate spell sheet is obtained from Bill Teach during A Clockwork Syringe. It allows teleportation between Mos Le'Harmless and Braindeath Island, but can only be used in those two areas to travel from one to the other.|
|The Book of Char||The Book of Char is a reward from The Firemaker's Curse quest. Once per day it will teleport you to the entrance of Char's Training Cave where you can earn firemaking xp.|
|Big Book o' Piracy||The Big Book o' Piracy is a reward from the Pieces of Hate quest. It contains 10 charges. It can be recharged with Braindeath 'rum'.
It can be used to teleport to:
|Communication device||The communication device is a reward from the Dishonour among Thieves quest. It has unlimited teleports to the Zamorak's hideout. It is also used to get to the stalker dungeon, where seekers and soulgazers can be found, requiring level 71 and 99 Slayer to kill, respectively.|
|Explorer's ring 3/4||The explorer's ring 3/4 is your reward for completing the Medium and/or Hard Lumbridge achievements, given to you by Ned in Draynor Village. This ring provides the same bonuses as the other rings, as well as providing the user with 3 run recharges, and also acts as a free teleport to the cabbage field south of Falador. The teleport has unlimited charges, and is called Cabbage-port in the right-click menu.|
|Karamja gloves 3/4||Karamja gloves 3/4 are your reward for completing all the Hard and/or Elite Karamja achievements, given to you by the Foresters near the entrances to the Kharazi Jungle. They allow free, unlimited teleportation to a gem mine underneath Shilo Village. To activate the teleport, right-click on the gloves for the option or wear them and select the 'Operate' option.|
|Ardougne cloak 1/2/3/4||The Ardougne cloak 1/2/3/4 is your reward for completing the Easy, Medium, Hard, and/or Elite Ardougne achievements, given to you by Doctor Orbon, the Ardougne town crier and Aleck respectively in Ardougne.|
|Wilderness sword 1/2/3/4||The wilderness sword 1/2/3/4 is your reward for completing the Easy, Medium, Hard, and/or Elite Wilderness achievements, given to you by Mr Ex, Mandrith, Quercus and Kolodion respectively. The Wilderness sword 4 can also be given to you by Mr Ex.
|Desert amulet 2/3/4||The desert amulet 2/3/4 is your reward for completing all the Medium, Hard, and/or Elite Desert achievements. It is given to you by Zahur in Nardah, Ali the Mayor in Pollnivneach and/or Clay golem in Uzer respectively. All versions of the amulet allows their wearer to teleport to Nardah an unlimited number of times.|
|Void knight seal||The void knight seal can be obtained as a reward from the quest Quiet Before the Swarm, as well as from the minigames Pest Control and Conquest. It contains 8 charges and provides teleports to the Void Knights' Outpost.|
|Mos Le Harmless 'rum'||Mos Le Harmless 'rum' can only be obtained from the Trouble Brewing minigame. They come in 2 colours, but they do not differ in functionality. When drunk, the player is teleported to the Trouble Brewing location on Mos Le'Harmless.|
|Ring of slaying||The ring of slaying can be used to teleport players to four Slayer destinations and to contact Slayer Masters. Players obtain the ring from Slayer Masters using Slayer points, which players earn by completing multiple Slayer tasks. Players can purchase actual rings, at a cost of 75 points per ring, and can purchase the knowledge of how to craft the rings, at a one-time cost of 300 points.|
|Tele-orb||Tele-orbs are used in the Fist of Guthix minigame. When the orb is broken, the player is transported to the middle of the playing field. At the beginning of the game each player receives one of these. If you try to break it while in the waiting room, you will receive a message stating that you should save it for when you really need it.|
|Circus ticket||A circus ticket is used in Balthazar Beauregard's Big Top Bonanza part of the Distractions and Diversions. The ticket is provided by the Ticket vendor, and may be used to leave the circus. To leave the circus, the ticket must be torn, and the players will be transported back to where they found the Ticket vendor.|
|Ferocious ring||The ferocious ring is an item released along with the Kuradal's Dungeon update in 2009. The ring is dropped by the monsters in Kuradal's Dungeon and has five charges, which allow a player to teleport to Kuradal, thus avoiding the various Slayer monsters on the path to Kuradal. Additionally, it allows you to strike 40 points of more damage to monsters within the dungeon and functioning as a Ring of life, teleporting you automatically to Kuradal upon near-death and destroying itself as it does so. The ring functions up to Level 20 Wilderness.|
|Ring of kinship||The ring of kinship is obtained for free by talking to the Dungeoneering tutor at Daemonheim (previously known as Wilderness Castle). It offers unlimited teleports to the location a bit to the south of the castle itself, near Thok (who sells the skillcapes for Dungeoneering) and the Rewards trader. The teleport slightly resembles an Ancient Magicks teleport; you cannot activate a teleport while over Level 20 Wilderness or in combat.|
|Juju teleport spiritbag||The Juju teleport spiritbag can teleport one to the Herblore Habitat east of the Kharazi Jungle and is sold for 2000 coins by Bettamax in Taverley and Papa Mambo in the Herblore Habitat. When teleporting, you throw the bag on the ground and do the spirit tree teleport animation.|
|Clan vexillum||The clan vexillum is obtained for free by talking to the Clan scribe at the Clan Camp. It offers unlimited free teleports to western part of the camp, west of the Sergeant-at-Arms. This teleport provides quick access to the Crafting Guild and the Balloon transport system.|
|Wicked hood||The wicked hood is an item that members with over 5 can claim from Tam McGrubor in Burthorpe. It can be used to teleport twice a day, to any altar that has been unlocked by using the relevant talisman (including an Omni or Elemental talisman) on it. With the introduction of the Runespan, a new feature was added to the hood that gives unlimited teleports to the second floor of the Wizards' Tower, right next to the Runespan/Runecrafting Guild portal.|
|(Super) Dominion medallion||The (super) dominion medallion is obtained by talking to the Strange face within the Dominion Tower and asking for the medallion. It can be used for teleporting to the Dominion Tower with a limit of 3 charges per day. This teleports the player inside the tower next to the Strange face.|
|Captain's log||The captain's log is obtained from The Navigator in the Player-owned port. It provides unlimited teleports to the portal of the player-owned ports located in Port Sarim. This teleport was added merely for convenience considering the relatively short distance of other close teleports such as the Explorer ring's 'Cabbage-port', the Spirit tree to the northeast of Port Sarim and even the Port Sarim lodestone.|
|Slayer masks||Slayer masks (not to be confused with Slayer Helm) are masks used in the Slayer skill. They provide several bonuses like a unique teleport to their respective location(s). Read the full page about Slayer masks here.|
|Radiant alchemist's amulet||The radiant alchemist's amulet was an item obtained by combining and converting 10 Alchemist's amulet fragments, which were available on the Squeal of Fortune for the weekend of 17 May 2013. It allows you to teleport to the Grand Exchange once per day.|
|Camouflage outfits||Camouflage outfits can be made with the invention skill.
They provide several teleports:
|Globetrotter outfit||The globetrotter outfit can be bought at the Treasure Trails Reward Shop.
|Hazelmere's signet ring||Hazelmere's signet ring is the rarest drop from the rare drop table. It offers teleports to the Grand Exchange, Miscellania, Keldagrim and the Grand Tree.|
After completion of the Tree Gnome Village quest, you can use Spirit trees to teleport. There are six different spirit tree locations, plus a choice of one (or two, after Prisoner of Glouphrie.) player grown Spirit tree(s). They are:
- North-east of Grand Exchange.
- Battlefield, north-west of the Clock Tower.
- North of Mobilising Armies.
- Centre of the Tree Gnome Village maze.
- Tree Gnome Stronghold, west of the entrance to the Agility Course.
- The mountain pass to the east of the Poison Waste Slayer Dungeon. (Unlocked during The Path of Glouphrie)
- (Player-grown: Etceteria)
- (Player-grown: Brimhaven)
- (Player-grown: Port Sarim)
After completing Tree Gnome Village quest, players can access the Spirit Tree in the Tree Gnome Village and the Tree Gnome Stronghold to transport to any of the other three spirit trees, the other (younger) trees will only return you to an older tree.
Once you have reached a certain stage in The Path of Glouphrie, you can use any tree to travel to any other.With a Farming level of 83, players are able to grow their own spirit tree. These will take you to the spirit tree in the Tree Gnome Stronghold. You may only have one at a time. For more information click here. Additionally, players who have achieved level 86 farming may grow up to two spirit trees at once. (provided they have completed The Prisoner of Glouphrie)
Spirit Trees also provide free teleports directly to Evil Trees when the Evil Tree is full grown. There are 28 possible locations, so the free teleport is a huge advantage.
Fairy ringsDramen staff or a Lunar staff, ending up at the master fairy ring in Zanaris. From there, using three letter codes, they can teleport to most rings within the system. Several rings, however, require players to complete quests before they can be accessed. Some locations require a player to enter more than one code in the right order, returning to Zanaris after each trip, but this can be skipped after the first journey to that destination. If the selected code has no corresponding fairy ring, players will be teleported a few squares from the main ring. Currently, there are 45 fairy rings working codes out of a total possible 64 codes. The main fairy ring is located in Zanaris, just east of the bank. When you click on it to activate it, you will notice the three mushroom controllers pop up. Each controller has four letters assigned to it. Clicking on the right or left side of a mushroom controller will make it turn clockwise or counter-clockwise, respectively. You can make many combinations from these mushrooms, and click the teleport button to go the location.
When the fairy ring transportation system was released, there were only 34 fairy rings.
- Fairy ring codes AKQ and DKS were introduced with the Hunter skill on 21 November 2006.
- AJQ to Dorgesh-Kaan was introduced on 20 March 2007.
- BLQ to Yu'biusk was introduced on 12 November 2007.
- ALQ to Haunted Woods was introduced on 7 May 2008, but the ring existed before as one-way route to Zanaris.
- BJQ to the Ancient Cavern was added silently in December 2009.
Four new locations were released on 13 May 2010 with the quest Fairy Tale III - Battle at Orks Rift:
- ALP to the cave under the Feldip Hills
- BIR to the Sparse Plane
- CLR to the Ape Atoll Agility Course
- DIP to an isle south of the coast of Mos Le'Harmless
Since 14 June 2011, the code sequence:
- DIR-AKS will bring the player to Kethsi.
- DKQ was added with Ritual of the Mahjarrat, allowing quick access to the Glacor Cave, bringing the total to 45.
- A number of people around RuneScape, such as Sedridor or Aubury, can teleport multiple people to the ice fields of Gielinor's north, which have been magically sealed off, for the Rune Essence Mine.
- The Sorceress can teleport you right outside her house should she see you trespassing and expressing no remorse.
- Shantay provides a free one-way teleport to the Port Sarim Jail; players can use this teleport by telling Shantay they are an outlaw and then refusing to pay his fine.
- Zandar Horfyre of the Dark Wizards' Tower will teleport the player to the Lumbridge Swamp should they refuse to leave the tower.
- During Witch's House, should the player fail to elude the gaze of Nora T. Hagg, the witch will automatically cast a spell to teleport them out of her house.
- Wizard Isidor can teleport players to the Land of Snow after they give him the teleport phrase Ectosum glissendo.
- During certain holiday events, various NPCs, such as Snow imps, can teleport you to other realms inaccessible through any other means, though this form of teleportation only during their respective events.
- The Sorceress' Apprentice can teleport you to the Sorceress's Garden upon request and the completion of certain favours.
- The Winter, Spring, Autumn, and Summer Elementals in the Sorceress's Garden will teleport the player just outside of its assigned garden if you there are at least two spaces between them and the player.
- The Mage of Zamorak can teleport you into the Abyss for any number of times upon your completion of the Abyss miniquest.
- Tool leprechauns can teleport you to Winkin's Farm.
- Pirate Pete of eastern Morytania can teleport the player to Braindeath Island by knocking them unconscious, though without inflicting any life point damage. This method can be utilised any number of times, and also back and forth.
- The Monks of Entrana will automatically appear before you should you somehow manage to smuggle an item onto the island and instantly teleport you back to Port Sarim.
- One can be teleported from Lunar Isle to Rellekka by speaking to any moonclan member without a seal of passage.
- Wizard Cromperty, during the Tribal Totem quest, can teleport the player to various places, such as the RPDT depot and the house of Lord Handelmort. During the quest, if one falls into a trap, Cromperty can teleport you back into the house any number of times.
- During The Hand in the Sand, Zavistic Rarve of Yanille can teleport the player directly to Betty if he is given an empty vial in addition to a player's own vial, redberries, whiteberries and a lantern lens.
- Entering the Rune essence mine from a members' entrance, switching to a Free world and trying to leave gives you a warning about not being able to go here on a Free server. Trying again will cause a teleport interception, bringing you to Sedridor at the Wizards' Tower.
- Certain guilds, member and free, can be accessed through temporary boosts. However, in some of these guilds, such as the Fishing Guild, should you log out while your character still remains within the guild, you will be brought outside of the guild upon logging back in.
- If your membership expires and your player was last in a member-only location, you will automatically be sent to Lumbridge when you next log in. However, this teleport is of minimal use to the player.
- The entrance to Entrana Dungeon is one way, but at the end of the dungeon is a portal which will teleport players to the small obelisk just south of Draynor Village.
- The Combat Academy tab offers a free teleport to the Combat Academy (or Lumbridge) by clicking the 'Go To Academy' button.
|34||Void shifter||Teleports player to the Void Knights' Outpost when player below 10% health, or when special is activated.|
|Void ravager||Teleports player to the Void Knights' Outpost when special is activated.|
|57||Spirit graahk||Can teleport player to the Karamja Hunter area.|
|Spirit kyatt||Can teleport player to the Piscatoris Hunter area.|
|Spirit larupia||Can teleport player to the Feldip Hunter area.|
|71||Arctic bear||Can teleport player to the Rellekka Hunter area.|
|83||Lava titan||Can teleport player to the Lava Maze. (Wilderness)|
In one edition of the Postbag From the Hedge, Mr. Mordaut explains teleportation. The usage of the power of runestones allows teleportation by boring a hole, called a teleportation matrix, into an abyss, and then looping out of it to arrive in an alternate place. There are strict rules regarding teleportations as illegal destinations are typically teleblocked, although there are also alternate ways to get around this.
There is a more detailed explanation for the puzzled player, by reading this carefully. Firstly, wind a string around your fingers as if it was dental floss. Assume that one finger is where you are now and the other is your destination. You have a distance to travel now, right? Now bring both fingers together. That piece of string is now sagging from your fingers, like a 'U' shape. The space around your fingers represent the abyss, and you have traveled the same distance, except that you left the current dimension and re-entered through an alternate dimension.
Essentially, the teleport does not 'transport' you or 'shorten' the distance, but the reason why it is instantaneous is that time is voided, so you can arrive at your destination a second later as time and space exchange places in the abyss.
There is another theory about transporting that is very similar to the teleportation matrix and looping out to a location far from where you are. This is the Theory of Tephra Travelling, which involves breaking the laws of the universe and being able to travel from one side of the Universe to the other in the blink of an eye, this is very similar to teleporting.
Imagine a piece of paper, this will be the Universe. Tephra Travelling really isn't travelling across the entire paper, more like bending it to take a very quick shortcut. Fold the piece of paper, now you have the Universe "bent", as the location of where you want to travel to is only a short distance away.
This theory has been used in a number of other works, such as the critically-acclaimed novel A Wrinkle In Time, though more commonly in science-fiction novels or video games.
Teleport error (discontinued)
There existed a random event that occurred to players during teleportation.
According to the random event, certain teleports would go awry, such as your own spellbook teleportations or the spells used by wizards throughout RuneScape to teleport you to the Rune essence mine. When this would happen to the player, the victim would become trapped in the Abyssal network.
The player would then have to select the lever that was different from the others to continue.
Successfully extricating one's self would result in the player being compensated with a Random event gift for the inconvenience. Prior to the random event update, the player would receive runes of the type used in their teleport, or noted essence if they were teleported to the rune essence mine.
At some point, it was also became possible to be teleported here while training non-combat skills, for unknown reasons. In the past, this random event only ever initated after teleporting.
- According to The Great Brain Robbery, Dr Fenkenstrain is allergic to teleportation.
- You will be force teleported out of the member's area (provided you are in one) when attempting to log into a free-to-play world.
- Some items like Camulet use the standard teleport animation, and not the one used for enchanted item-based teleports.
- Animations are slightly broken when attempting to teleport while sitting.
- The Magic Door Portal in Entrana Dungeon used to teleport players into level 28 of the Wilderness, now it leads to the small obelisk south of Draynor bank by the elder tree.
- If you have a bad connection when teleporting, the whole animation won't show and will simply switch to showing the new location after the teleportation is completed. This could also happen when there is considerable lag due to masses of players.
- If a player teleports which on the sunken Tutorial Island, most teleport animations display the player in a different position that normal during the animation.
- One of the Mystics at the Stealing Creation minigame used to have a teleport option, where he would hit a player over the head to send them to their respawn point.
- A Jagex Moderator can teleport to anywhere in RuneScape. This is done with the Developer console and has been shown during many Official RuneScape Twitch streams.
- Sometimes for unknown reason, you suddenly can hear portal sounds at the teleport locations and sometimes at other random places in RuneScape.
- For unknown reason, portal sounds can be heard at teleport locations and other random places in RuneScape.
- Sometimes when on a bad connection after doing the teleport animation your character will wait a few seconds before appearing at your destination.
- Under special conditions, while attempting to teleport to an unknown or nonexistent location, it would return 'Invalid teleport!' as a game message.