|Release date||19 July 2005 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A tiny crystal enchanted to teleport you around Tirannwn.|
A crystal teleport seed is a small crystal which after completing various quests in the elf quest series can teleport a player to the elven village of Lletya, the Temple of Light and the elven city of Prifddinas.
The crystal teleport seed has four teleport charges when initially received and, when used up, can be recharged by Eluned for 150 - 750 coins; however she will only do this if it is out of charges and claims that she can only grant three charges due to her not being as skilled as the original enchanter. The charge fee starts at 750 coins and decreases each time a tiny elf crystal is charged, until after five chargings a minimum price of 150 coins is reached. The recharging can also be done by using the spell NPC Contact and talking to Eluned.
Following Plague's End a player with level 85 Smithing may use the crystal singing bowl within the Ithell area of Prifddinas to enchant their own seeds. This uses 150 harmonic dust and adds 4 charges to the seed.
Players may possess multiple crystal teleport seeds at the same time. Crystal teleport seeds can be obtained as a common drop (one in five roughly) from elf warriors. Note that the elf warriors in the Elf Camp south of Prifddinas do not drop them. Players must will also have had to at least start either Mourning's Ends Part I or The Prisoner of Glouphrie quest, and the initial version of the crystal will only teleport to Lletya.
After completion of Within The Light, Eluned can teach the player how to enchant the crystal teleport seed further, thus enabling it to teleport the player to the Temple of Light. Talking to her with a charged crystal teleport seed in inventory adds a right-click option to teleport outside the Temple of Light or to Lletya. However, this dialogue only occurs when you find Eluned travelling among the forest. You won't see this dialogue if you talk to her in Prifddinas. This teleport is very useful for reaching the Dark beasts near the Temple as well as the runite rocks.
After completion of Plague's End, players can use crystal teleport seeds to teleport to Prifddinas, also via a right-click option. There is also a right-click option that allows players to teleport to their previous destination.
The Lletya teleport is reasonably close to a bank, the fruit tree patch and an altar. The Prifddinas teleport offers eight locations within the city, all the eight clan areas. The Temple of Light teleport leaves the player between the Dark Beasts and the Temple of Light.
Recharge costs Edit
|Recharge #||Cost (In Coins)|
Players with 85 Smithing and access to Prifddinas can also recharge their own crystals for 150 harmonic dust. Crystals that players recharge themselves gain 4 charges. Crystals recharged by elves for a fee gain 3 charges.
- Before the 15 September 2010 update, the crystal teleport seed's inventory icon was different, being much smaller and harder to click on. As of the 6 October 2010 update, the crystal teleport seed's inventory icon was changed back to the original size.
- Before 15 September 2010, the crystal teleport seed wasn't a one-click teleport with the Temple of Light destination, but instead brought up a destination select interface. For this reason, some players refused to add the second teleport. After this update, the one-click teleport to Lleyta was re-enabled, with the right click offering the option to teleport to the Temple of Light (just west of the Dark Beasts).
- The crystal teleport seed will only work up to level 20 wilderness.
- If you attempt to alchemise a crystal teleport seed a message appears in the chatbox saying: "You can't do that to an elven crystal!"
- There is a bug where a charged crystal teleport seed's options will appear over a different item if placed in the same spot in the inventory, however the original item would function as normal through the crystal teleport seed's options. This can be worked around by moving the item to a different spot in the inventory, though has yet to be fixed.