|Release date||14 March 2005 (Update)|
Click animation for full size
Teleport Block is a spell in RuneScape that requires a Magic level of 85 and can only be cast on another player in the Wilderness, or whilst playing PvP minigames. If successful, it will prevent that player from using almost all forms of teleportation (both through spellbooks and through enchanted items) for 5 minutes. If a player has the Protect from Magic prayer or the Deflect Magic curse active while someone is casting teleport block on them, the time is reduced by half.
The spell is very dangerous and is commonly used in the low-medium Wilderness range. It is also used to block players from escaping at the members Wilderness teleport lever in the deep Wilderness.
The animation for teleport block is very small, spins quickly, and is dark purple so it is hard to see it in many places. Therefore, many players do not realise they have been teleport blocked, until they attempt to teleport. Players receive the message "A teleport block has been cast on you!" in their chatbox when they are hit with the teleport block spell.
- The Teleport Block spell is available to non-members, making it the highest level spell available in the free game.
- If a player has been targeted by a Teleport Block, but they manage to teleport before the spell hits them, the spell will follow them to their destination.
- Teleport Block is the only non-member spell which uses death runes.
- The spell was temporarily replaced on 10 December 2007 by Bounty Locate, at which time revenants took on the ability to teleport block. It was reinstated for players with the release of PvP worlds on 15 October 2008. Revenants were able to cast Teleport Blocks on players during the time they roamed the Wilderness, but lost the ability when they were banished to Forinthry Dungeon. The Forinthry bracelet protected against revenant teleport blocks prior to their banishment.
- Attempting to cast teleport block on an NPC will generate the message, "Nothing interesting happens."