|Release date||22 February 2005 (Update)|
|High Alch||30 coins|
|Low Alch||20 coins|
|Store price|| 50 coins|
|Examine||Ooohhh look at the pretty colours...|
Team capes (also known as Wilderness capes) are purchased for 50 coins from various Wilderness cape dealers. Another player with the same team cape equipped will show up on the minimap as a blue dot rather than white, and the left-click "Attack" option will be moved to a right-click, as if the other player is of higher level than the player. They are very common among F2P players. If two players are wearing different team capes, then the "Attack" option for each other will both be left-click, regardless if one player has a higher combat level.
After the 10 December 2007 update, all team capes became non-member items and available for first hand purchase by all players.
Team capes have since become the most popular choice of wear for nearly all free players, due to its affordability, better looks compared to single-coloured capes, and better bonuses.
|[view] • [talk]|
Team cape colours and patternsEdit
There are currently 50 cape designs. Team capes vary in colour:
- Pink (1-10)
- Yellow (11-20)
- Blue (21-30)
- Green (31-40)
- Red (41-50)
Team capes vary in pattern:
Team number Cape pattern Seller Seller location in Wilderness area Patterns available 1, 11, 21, 31, and 41 Box William Level 35 ~ 48 around Red Dragon Isle or by the Demonic Ruins , sometimes seen near the perimeter of a spider invaded hill 2, 12, 22, 32, and 42 X Ian Level 42 Forgotten Cemetery 3, 13, 23, 33, and 43 Cross Larry Clan Wars arena, in the Gamers' Grotto 4, 14, 24, 34, and 44 Dashed lines Darren West of Lava Maze 5, 15, 25, 35, and 45 Horizontal stripes Edward Level 55 far east of Demonic Ruins, in the "New Castle" 6, 16, 26, 36, and 46 Box at top Richard In Edgeville, by the Wilderness Wall. 7, 17, 27, 37, and 47 Scarab Neil Level 32 Bandit Camp 8, 18, 28, 38, and 48 Circle Edmond East of the hobgoblin mine. Sometimes inside the Wilderness Volcano. 9, 19, 29, 39, and 49 Outline Simon Level 13 Chaos Temple 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 Claw Sam Level 19 east of Dark Warriors' Fortress
Map of vendor locationsEdit
Current GE prices of individual team capesEdit
- If you take all the first letters from the wilderness cape merchants' names it will spell the word "WILDERNESS".
- Cape number 22 used to resemble the Saltire (St. Andrew's Cross), which made it popular among Scottish players. The worn model was changed to one which looked less like it, but the inventory image still matches the original worn model, and more closely matches the Saltire.
- Initially, grey team capes also existed, but were removed due to their likeness to the Cape of legends. They were later replaced by pink.
- Team capes are one of the few items that used to be members only, but later became available to free players.
- Some team cape merchants were moved to make them accessible on F2P worlds when the capes became available to free players.
- When teleporting using a Spirit Tree, wilderness capes become invisible, much like the Obsidian Cape.
- Edmond has a very wide wandering range and can be difficult to find. Be sure to check green dragons north of Wilderness Volcano.
- The street price of capes 11, 21, 31, and 41 went up on 29 July 2010, as many players bought them for the International PvP War.
- Cape number 28 has a small bit of white where the colour is most prominent.
- Under certain circumstances, cape number 29 shows a glitch where the middle section of the cape is transparent.
- Cape number 9 has a glitch where the inside pink will be almost transparent with black spots instead of the usual pink.
- Capes ending in 8 have a glitch that makes them look like fire capes.
- Cape number 19 has brown traveses when equipped by a female character.
- It is currently one of the only F2P capes to have stat bonuses, along with the warpriest capes and vet capes.