|Logs||Teak logs (77 coins)|
|Examine||A beautiful, old teak tree.|
Teak trees can be found in these locations:
- South-west of Castle Wars (1)
- Scattered around the Kharazi Jungle (Dangerous area, Legends quest required) - 3 at western icon and 2 at middle icon
- Ape Atoll, in the south-east near the cave entrance.(3)
- Mos Le'Harmless, on the islands accessible from the Mos Le'Harmless Caves.
- South-east of the Ruins of Uzer, in the very northeast part of the Kharidian Desert. If the player has completed all the medium Desert Tasks, a second tree becomes available. (1 or 2)
- Near Tai Bwo Wannai in Hardwood Grove (9) (requires 100 trading sticks)
- Also can be found on Miscellania, after completing the Royal Trouble quest. Please note players cannot actually chop this down to get logs, but players can get them through Managing Miscellania.
After completion of the quest Deadliest Catch, a new bank deposit box is available near the three teaks at Ape Atoll. Therefore it is considered the best spot for cutting teaks. There is also a deposit box on the coast of Karamja, relatively close to the Tai Bwo Wannai grove.
Along with mahogany logs, teak logs are used mainly for Construction, but they can also be lit for 105 Firemaking experience points and 120 adding to a fire. They can also be made into a crossbow stock, giving 27 Fletching experience.
Although teak trees are fairly unknown, they have been proven to be more experience per hour than willow trees. Teaks are even faster experience per hour than ivy, although they are about the same experience rate as Sawmill training. Since all teak trees are a fair distance away from a bank, unless you have finished the quest Deadliest Catch, in which a bank deposit appears near the Ape Atoll teak trees, players wishing to train on them for experience should drop or burn the logs they cut. Teak trees can give up to 90k to 110k experience per hour at 99 Woodcutting with strong woodcutting urns if dropping the logs as you cut.
Teaks may also be cut and banked for a small amount of cash. A good tactic for this is to go to the teak tree southwest of Castle Wars. When your inventory is full, use a ring of duelling to teleport to Castle Wars, bank the teaks, and repeat the process. Approximately 50k exp and 40k cash (if the teak logs are sold) per hour can be obtained this way. There is also a faster way to bank the teak logs if this spot is used. When your inventory is full, teleport to Mobilising Armies, bank, and use the spirit tree to teleport to the mountains east of the Poison Waste. (In order to do this, a player must have advanced far enough through The Path of Glouphrie quest.) Then, it is possible use a grapple hook to grapple over to where the teak tree is. Another good tactic, if Fairy Tale III - Battle at Orks Rift is complete, is to use the fairy ring (entering the code BKP) that is located east of the tree at Castle Wars. Since you don't need a dramen or lunar staff you can get a full load of teak logs. The bank in Zanaris is located close to the fairy ring, or use the Edgeville bank and return using the nearby fairy ring.
For cutting and dropping teaks, or cutting and burning teaks, there are several spots that can be used, including Ape Atoll, the Kharazi Jungle, and the teak enclosure in Tai Bwo Wannai village. All these locations have at least 3 teak trees close together. On Ape Atoll, you can woodcut while in the monkey form using a monkey greegree. There is more space to burn logs in Kharazi Jungle and Ape Atoll than Tai Bwo Wannai, but it is still possible to burn logs in the Tai Bwo Wannai location with some manoeuvring.
- Because they cannot be grown through the Farming skill, the leprechaun effect of auto-banking rewarded from killing Evil Trees does not work on teaks. However, the magical banking provided by wood spirits (found when using juju woodcutting potions) does work for teaks (including special teak logs).
- Despite the Woodcutting guide's claim, Jungle Potion is not required to cut them, it is only required to cut the teak trees in the Hardwood Grove near Tai Bwo Wannai.
Tree • Dying tree • Dead tree • Dead tree covered in snow • Evergreen • Burnt tree • Jungle tree • Achey Tree • Oak tree • Willow tree • Teak tree • Maple tree • Hollow tree • Mahogany tree • Arctic pine • Eucalyptus tree • Yew tree • Magic tree • Cursed magic tree • Bloodwood tree • Elder tree • Crystal tree
Ailanthus tree • Cedar tree • Cinnamon tree • Dramen tree • Dream tree • Mastic tree • Sassafras tree • Swaying tree • White tree • Windswept tree • Evil holly tree • Evil hawthorn tree • Blisterwood tree
Calquat tree • Dramen Tree Spirit • Fyburglars tree • Giant ent • Golden Apple Tree • Grand Tree • Ivy • Leafy palm tree • Nice tree • Tree spirit • Undead tree • Scrapey tree • Spirit tree • Sq'irk tree • Strong tree • Wintumber tree • Witchwood tree • Young tree